1.    #1  
    Anyone else notice that their Treo 680 keypad flickers periodically at random intervals?
    Last edited by reMarkable; 12/17/2006 at 10:19 PM. Reason: (Grammar)
    Yep. I'm not concerned. My heart does that, too.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Does your keybaord flicker when your screen is off or on?
    i get that flickering, specially when i'm on a call. It is not too bad tho.
  5.    #5  
    I believe it's only when the screen is on (I'll try to take note.) Also - it does seem to happen more when a call is in progress.
    Same here when on a call....
    Here too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    Here too!
    And I thought my eyesight was getting worst than it already is!

I hope this is not related to the battery issue.

Never noticed this on my Treo 600.
    This isn't really about the KB light, but it's sorta similar...

I just noticed that my appointment banner on the home screen started to flicker. Just the banner, nothing else is flickering. And it isn't the area of the screen because if I switch menus/screens, nothing odd happens.
    It's weird...It never did that before. Now it's annoying the hell out of me.

I tried to reset, it still continues. I think it might be an effect from the BatteryGraph program. I installed this and noticed the flicker about 20min after. I removed the program but the flicker stays...

*confused look*
    I was just wondering whether it was just mine, or all of them. Just an extra little shoddy bonus!

(The 650 seems even more solid and professional, now that I've had a 680 for a few days.)
    Visor, Treo 180g, 600, 650, 680. Optus Australia
    <sub>You might think that the favorite plant of the porcupine is the cactus, but it's thinking like that that has almost ruined this country. - <i>Jack Handey</i></sub>
  11.    #11  
    I'm no electronics engineer - but I'm guessing it's from a voltage fluctuation. I guess that's one of the "benefits" of having Version "A" of the hardware.
    Mine flickers too... sure looks like a voltage surge to me!
    my keyboard flickers BUT I've only noticed it while i've dimmed my screen...

I was using kblights off so I WOULD not have to see that.

(how energy efficient is that? or is this neglible?
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    only happens to me when I am on a call and when the display is dimmed.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    same here. it began flickering when i changed the brightness to around 3 clicks dimmer
    i noticed it has as well but i think it was caused by a program called bright tools, i since changed over to mlights
    same here I think its from the timer on the backlight Imo
  18.    #18  
    I find guaranteed flickering when I take in e-mail - my thinking is this flickering is as it writes/stores to memory. It flickers just like an LED of a hard drive or flash drive when it reads/writes. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that I believe the unit should be doing this.)
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios View Post
    only happens to me when I am on a call and when the display is dimmed.
    same here ...