1.    #1  
    My 650 stays on until I exit out of TT, but my new 680 turns off after a couple of minutes. Am I missing something?
    I used TT6 on my 680 yesterday and the screen did not turn off with it plugged into the car charger.

With the battery life of the 680, I don't think you could go to long without it plugged into the car charger anyway.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom View Post
    I used TT6 on my 680 yesterday and the screen did not turn off with it plugged into the car charger.

With the battery life of the 680, I don't think you could go to long without it plugged into the car charger anyway.
    Ok..i'll try it again plugged in. BTW, have you ever used the 680 without having it plugged in? And if yes, did the screen go out?
    Google a palm program called "Always on" if nothing works. This works for me. You do not need to be plugged-in.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treowolf View Post
    My 650 stays on until I exit out of TT, but my new 680 turns off after a couple of minutes. Am I missing something?
    have you tried the 'safety lock' option in tt?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    have you tried the 'safety lock' option in tt?
    I am still using TT 5. I don't think it has this option?
    Any other ideas, guys ?
    TT seems to shut down after a couple of minutes after the GPS looses lock. Check if it stays on when you have acquired a gps position.
    Unlocked GSM 680
    I'm using Tomtom 5.21 and I just used it for a two hour trip to the bay area a few days ago, the screen never turned off. I had it off the charger for about an hour and then on the charger for the remainder of the trip but the screen never turned off the whole way there and back while using TT.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom View Post

VERY INTERESTING...the screen did NOT turn off when i have the 680 plugged into the charger like you said. Wonder what's going on here
    I'm using a Treo 650 and it was working fine, but all of a sudden the screen is turning off. I have it plugged into the charger, but after 10 seconds the screen dims. Then after a minute the screen goes black. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread. I've turned safety lock on and off. It happens whether I have a GPS signal or not, whether it's plugged in or not. I've even reset factory settings. Same thing keeps happening.

Any other ideas of what's going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by djatovsky View Post
    I'm using a Treo 650 and it was working fine, but all of a sudden the screen is turning off. I have it plugged into the charger, but after 10 seconds the screen dims. Then after a minute the screen goes black. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread. I've turned safety lock on and off. It happens whether I have a GPS signal or not, whether it's plugged in or not. I've even reset factory settings. Same thing keeps happening.

djatovsky, what version of Tomtom are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by djatovsky View Post

Try re-installing TT to the SD card instead of internal memory. That did the trick for me.