1.    #1  
    Is it possible to listen to standard AM or FM radio WITHOUT having web access? Is there such an animal as a Palm radio receiver program?

I discontinued my web access because it was maddeningly slow and difficult to navigate.

Pocket Tunes 4 doesn't provide access to normal (non-internet) radio stations, does it?

Sorry for the bone-nosey nose ignintz.
    I'm not sure if there is a third party radio device.
    And even though Pocket Tunes does not play (all) normal AM/FM stations, Kinoma player seems to do the job alright.
    Since you've closed your net connection, this site might seem a bit useless...But others might find it helpful.

You can find online "normal" radio streams at:
    http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/
    I love that site, Syphon!! I have it set up in my Blazer favorites...but you're right, it probably won't help Pighood because it requires web access.
  4.    #4  
    Perhaps I have too many expectations of the Treo.

A radio is a radio, a Treo is a Treo.

I suppose TRUE radio reception would require a hardware receiver in the guts of the Treo, along with some sort of antenna & FCC regulation.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    somewhat OT, but I wonder how many posters frustrated about blazer's speed are using non-pda versions of sites. Many sites, including this one, have pda optimized versions, and you can use google mobile to convert the others. Sometimes the screen size bothers me in using blazer, but the surfing speed never does. I did struggle using some sites until I found google mobile, but not now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
    A radio is a radio, a Treo is a Treo.
    Yep. The Treo is not capable of receiving AM/FM radio. It is capable of accepting CDMA radio which talks to your wireless carriers cell phone towers. What you seem to be asking is whether there is a product similar to the iTrip for the iPod, but that connects to a Treo instead. I'm not aware of such a product. (If I notice one, I'll try and update this thread.)

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Way cool! Have you used either of these?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  9.    #9  
    GAAA! SD plugins!

N.F.W. I'm NOT opening that thing again.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Way cool! Have you used either of these?
    Nope. Good luck!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up on streamcentre...

the UK version is

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/pda/

brilliant - just what I've been after - all the BBC sites stream superbly