1.    #1  
    if anyone can help me plz. once my screen turns off the phone is dead. only way to turn it back on is to remove the battery. plz help!!!!!
    have u tried a heart reset

if that doesnt work

its basically ur battery or something more serious
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    what happens if you receive a call or a message? does it turn on then?
    What 3. party apps do you have?
    What apps did you bind to what keys?
    What keys do you press to turn it on?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeilovekicks View Post
    have u tried a heart reset

if that doesnt work

its basically ur battery or something more serious
    Doesnt it make a hard reset every time he removes the battery?
  5.    #5  
    i had nuthin on it and the sim card and sd card out of it. it still stayed frozen. it says i have firmware 1.51. on cingular. where do i get fw 1.71??
  6.    #6  
    ooh and its not the battery cuz i have another battery from another 650 that was good til i cracked the screen. any thing else it might be??
    "Cracked the screen" is an interesting piece of information. . . . . . . . .

How did this happen and did the trouble start after that event?
    Update the firmware.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Get a free Treo 680 w/2 yr subscription on Cingular. If mine dies that's what I'll do. http://blog.treonauts.com/2006/12/cingular_treo_6.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    "Cracked the screen" is an interesting piece of information. . . . . . . . .

How did this happen and did the trouble start after that event?
    I think Iggyman's talking about two Treo's. One apparently becomes unresponsive once its screen shuts off. It's the second one that seems to concern him, now. Another has a cracked screen.

I think he replaced the unresponsive Treo's battery with the cracked-screen-Treo's battery to rule out the battery as the problem.

Or I could be completely off-base.
    Removing the batt. is only a soft reset.
    Try a warm reset. Hold D pad up as you insert the batt release it when the Palm logo disappears. Then do a soft reset again.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    sounds like the battery is dead
    anyone have a difinitive answer? i am having the same problem. trio is 1 year old. started 'locking up' about two months ago, every so often. now it freezes in off every day, two or three times. only way to cure is to remove battery and then reinstall. have good battery life considering the extreme amount of calls and emails per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Doesnt it make a hard reset every time he removes the battery?
    No, that causes a Soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunshop View Post
    anyone have a difinitive answer? i am having the same problem. trio is 1 year old. started 'locking up' about two months ago, every so often. now it freezes in off every day, two or three times. only way to cure is to remove battery and then reinstall. have good battery life considering the extreme amount of calls and emails per day.
    What is your carrier and firmware version?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    i have Verizon and it looks like i'm running 1.03-VZW
    am on third trio. palm says hardware problem. sent new one, wouldnt sync with outlook. sent back, #2 synced then wouldnt dial. #3 seems to be working fine now for 3 days.