1.    #1  
    i confused - i already set up my comcast accounts on the 700p ( i used to have a 600 so this was easy). but what is with the versa mail. when i toggle thru the mail button i get my 3 accounts and the versa mail. do i configure this too? thanks
    I forget if the "VersaMail" account within EMail was there when I set up my daughter's 700P. . . . all that is there now is her Comcast account.

If the three accounts you set up work -- I would not worry about that "4th" being on the list. . . . . . .
  3.    #3  
    they work fine- the only thing is when i cycle thru the accounts the versa one is there. just wondering--
    I hesitate to say delete it -- but edit it and see what the settings are -- I believe it was just a sample account?

Anyone else?
  5.    #5  
    i did try to edit and it asked if i really wanted to change the settings. when i did the drop down list from the MAIL SERVICE it was set up for SprintPCS.
    could it be a sprint account provided with the services?
    With Sprint Treo service you do get a sprint email address. .. . . . . what does the user name say on the next page? It may be access to your Sprint email address.

Sprint name assignment convention is first initial, last name and then xx representing some number that you are of that letter string in their system.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/18/2006 at 06:35 AM.
  7.    #7  
    actually it's blank and the password is unassigned! do i just pick out a new password and name and i'm set with a new account. i guess i can try it!
    See my edit of the post above . . . . . do you know the email addy Sprint assigned to you and what password you or they gave it? A call to Customer Service or a store will verify what you need to fill in.
  9.    #9  
    i'll check on that -- thanks for all your help!
  10.    #10  
    found it in the manual - you are supposed to change the versa mail to your own email .... now if i can get it to auto sync... anyone?
    I just got a Treo 755p and have similar problems with Versamail. When I configure Auto-sync and tap OK I get a message, titled "Feature Not Available" and the message is "Auto Sync will ignore the 'Get Mail from last' setting". I supposed that meant it will get all the mail (which would be bad as I keep about 1300 messages in my Comcast inbox for accessibility from the web interface, but don't want downloading to my Treo) instead of only from the Last Week as I specified in the "Get mail from last..." dropdown. But even given that, Auto Sync doesn't even work. Nothing happens. No error message. It is as if it isn't even configured. After an hour on the phone with Palm support they said it is a Comcast problem. I said it worked fine with my Treo 600 AND works if I manually tap the Get button. They said (after putting me on hold to talk to level 2) that Auto Sync on Versamail is different from the auto mail request on the version of Palm mail on the Treo 600 and different from manually tapping the Get button. I don't believe this. I think both must just send an SMTP get mail request to the server, but I called Comcast and of course they said they can't tell me how to configure my Treo. I hate to buy Chatter when Versamail is provided and they even have a built-in conduit for Comcast in the list.

Has anyone gotten this to work?
    Thanks,
    donander
    Quote Originally Posted by donander View Post
    I just got a Treo 755p and have similar problems with Versamail. When I configure Auto-sync and tap OK I get a message, titled "Feature Not Available" and the message is "Auto Sync will ignore the 'Get Mail from last' setting". I supposed that meant it will get all the mail (which would be bad as I keep about 1300 messages in my Comcast inbox for accessibility from the web interface, but don't want downloading to my Treo) instead of only from the Last Week as I specified in the "Get mail from last..." dropdown. But even given that, Auto Sync doesn't even work. Nothing happens. No error message. It is as if it isn't even configured. After an hour on the phone with Palm support they said it is a Comcast problem. I said it worked fine with my Treo 600 AND works if I manually tap the Get button. They said (after putting me on hold to talk to level 2) that Auto Sync on Versamail is different from the auto mail request on the version of Palm mail on the Treo 600 and different from manually tapping the Get button. I don't believe this. I think both must just send an SMTP get mail request to the server, but I called Comcast and of course they said they can't tell me how to configure my Treo. I hate to buy Chatter when Versamail is provided and they even have a built-in conduit for Comcast in the list.

Has anyone gotten this to work?
    Thanks,
    donander
    Donander,

I have the exact same problem with my AOL mail. I went from a Treo 650 to a Treo 680. Did you ever figure out a solution? I have the trial version of Chattermail and don't want to have to buy it. I also spent time with Palm's tech support and they told me it was AOL. It's Versmail. everybody knows it.

Thanks!