Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I've noticed a substantial improvement in skipping when multotasking, as well as a far better interface and, the clincher: hundreds of radio stations. Bravo, PTunes.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    i agree the addition of radio station presets is great. My only grip is the program size is starting to get a bit on the large size.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    How does this compare to Kinoma player 4.0?
    No decrease in skipping when in the background for me.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall View Post
    How does this compare to Kinoma player 4.0?
    I have them both, and each has its strengths. Kinoma cannot play in the background, but can play XM radio. Kinoma also does video, which PTunes does not. After that, each has a nice and various selection of stations.
    will it play files d-l'd from ITunes?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Only Apple's own iPods and the Motorola ROKR E1 can play files purchased from the iTunes Store. No other portable device (cell phone or MP3 player) can play songs purchased from the iTunes Store.

The only way around this is to find a way to strip out the Digital Rights Management (DRM) from the files... which technically is a violation of your purchase agreement from the iTunes Store. Most folks burn their purchased songs as audio CDs, then re-import them back into iTunes. Those re-imported files, plus any files that you ripped from your own CDs, will play just fine using pTunes, Kinoma, AeroPlayer, or TCPMP.
    thank you for the update! am installing now

edit:
    wow! the new interface is awesome!! i can't wait to try out all the internet stations!
    Last edited by michelle; 12/18/2006 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    will it play files d-l'd from ITunes?
    No. Only iPods and iTunes will play files downloaded from the iTunes music store. It will play AAC files that have no DRM.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    "Only Apple's own iPods and the Motorola ROKR E1 can play files purchased from the iTunes Store. No other portable device (cell phone or MP3 player) can play songs purchased from the iTunes Store."

The SLVR on Cingular (L7) will play iTunes files as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    The SLVR on Cingular (L7) will play iTunes files as well...
    Ah, that's right. I thought there might be one other Motorola phone which had iTunes capability. Thanks for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    No. Only iPods and iTunes will play files downloaded from the iTunes music store. It will play AAC files that have no DRM.
    You can always strip the DRM and play them with ptunes.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    there might be a easier way but I burn itunes songs onto cd then import them and that takes off the DRM.

You guys prefer AAC or MP3? I always do mp3. the new interface is pretty good. I was using the winamp skin...
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    What don't you get when the free trail (15 days) period ends?
    AAC+ is the best right now. TCPMP and pTunes 4.0 both play AAC+
    You should all checkout mOcean 3.0 as well. It does all that the new PT does and also will record the radio streamed from the stations as well as audiobooks and podcasts.

Cheers, Surf
    Well, I wanted to give mOcean 3.0 a try, but the demo version didn't let me play music and asked me to purchase the software. I really don't get what they are thinking. Oh well, I can only hope they will change the trial policy so that I can really try the software and buy it...
    there has been one update that has been neglected which is so simple & easy yet needed: ability to sort radio station bookmarks alphabetically. how stupid can you be to not see this need. whenever you make a new bookmark for a station, it just goes next on the list of bookmarks. this is not practical at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer20 View Post
    You should all checkout mOcean 3.0 as well. It does all that the new PT does and also will record the radio streamed from the stations as well as audiobooks and podcasts.

Cheers, Surf
    I tried it and it was terrible. Poor UI, mad skipping, no AVRCP support. pTunes + TCPMP is a much better alternative.
    PTunes v3 on the LifeDrive allows volume control via the D-pad even with the screen off, but on the Treo 700p, the screen has to be on for either the D-pad or the side rocker buttons to control the volume. Does PTunes v4 allow the Treo to control the volume when the screen is off?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast