1.    #1  
    well i now have the 680 ROM and have managed to extract the 650 phone app (which I think was much better). Clealry I can build a new ROM the Shadowmite way, but what do people think about the chanes of it (a) working or (b) frying the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    well i now have the 680 ROM and have managed to extract the 650 phone app (which I think was much better). Clealry I can build a new ROM the Shadowmite way, but what do people think about the chanes of it (a) working or (b) frying the phone?
    It will either work or it won't. I doubt that it will fry the phone and you may find out that Palm make be monitoring this forum and see how many people are really not that happy with the new app - and they may have an update out in the near to mid-future.

So what are the chances it will fry the phone - nill. What are the chances that it will render the phone totally inoperable - nill. What are the chances that Palm won't accept it back (without money) to get if fixed if I'm wrong - about 100%.

I think those are the questions - you mess with the ROM and regardless you void the warranty. That's really the only question.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.