1.    #1  
    I had a treo 600 for a while. I love the fact that I had real player and TCPMP among other programs. I'm finally getting a Treo 650 which is on it's way to me, but I have a couple of questions to ask the treo 650 people if you don't mind. Is the 650 as user friendly as the 600 was? Are the features better?
    And what's the best thing about Treo 650?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Congrats for making the jump from the 600. I think you will find the 650 a pleasant experience. I had the 600 for 5 months and nearly threw it out. Then I was lucky and talked the sprint rep into a free upgrade to the 650. I loved it and had for over a year. Now I am with the 700p.

The format is pretty much the same, runs faster and is a great device. Pretty much in my mind the 650 was an upgrade to fix all the faults of the 600. Kind of like the old Palm 505 to 515.

There are lots of threads about the 650 on this forum, do a quick search and you can find plenty of posts.

BenJoe
    Last edited by BenJoeM; 12/17/2006 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie484 View Post
    And what's the best thing about Treo 650?
    The screen resolution. If youre using your TCPMP to watch videos, its a quantum leap in watchability.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I agree, the screen resolution coming from a Treo 600 is fantasic! Apart from that and Bluetooth (little less stable too) they're comparable.

I still remember the first day I received my Treo 650.... Great day- but that was about 2 years ago- and I still use a Treo 650!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Just upgraded from a 600 to a 650 myself. The screen is OUTSTANDING. It is truly a world of difference. However, after two weeks, I started having resets, sometimes multiple times a day. I run NO third party software, and haven't modified anything. My 650 has reset more in the past week than my 600 did in two years. The speed increase from GPRS to EDGE is significant when surfing the web. Overall, the 650 is a good upgrade and a better device. But the instability is the one very annoying factor.
    I think the best thing about my 650 is that it does so many things. It is very stable with the latest firmware.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e View Post
    Just upgraded from a 600 to a 650 myself. The screen is OUTSTANDING. It is truly a world of difference. However, after two weeks, I started having resets, sometimes multiple times a day. I run NO third party software, and haven't modified anything. My 650 has reset more in the past week than my 600 did in two years. The speed increase from GPRS to EDGE is significant when surfing the web. Overall, the 650 is a good upgrade and a better device. But the instability is the one very annoying factor.
    This is the time to debug the device .. when you have no additional installed software.

Install the latest firmware.
    Do a hard reset and don't sync. Use the phone this way. If resets continue, suspect bad hardware.

You may also have the lose SIM tray issue. Search here for that topic.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    welcome aboard! Your jump from the 600-650 was not as big as mine from a regular cell phone to the treo 650. It does an incredible lot of stuff, especially when you load so many songs/movies onto the sd card! Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    This is the time to debug the device .. when you have no additional installed software.

Install the latest firmware.
    Do a hard reset and don't sync. Use the phone this way. If resets continue, suspect bad hardware.

You may also have the lose SIM tray issue. Search here for that topic.
    I just bought it new. Wouldn't it already have the latest firmware?
    In a perfect world, yes. But it is worth checking.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

I just got the 650 off ebay and the first thing it did was ask for my password, of which I don't have. Did I make a mistake?
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieHopper View Post
    I just got the 650 off ebay and the first thing it did was ask for my password, of which I don't have. Did I make a mistake?
    Can you perform a hard reset? You should probably do that anyhow if you bought it from ebay. That way you can start fresh.

Thanks, Tony, for replying to me. I was in a panic, since this is a Christmas present. I did a Hard Reset and everything is working fine. I appreciate your help. Debbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e View Post
    I have two trio cingular GSM 650's and they both used to reset allot until I got rid of Versamail, & installed the fat 32 hack now they are both rock solid as long as I don't overload the memory. It’s important to use applications that don't crash your phone. One is using 1.15 rom and the other 1b.17-cnb.
    Both are running the following applications
    Documents to go 8.003 with most files on the Sd card thanks to the DataViz Tool Ver 8.333(239) that’s installed on the SD card
    File Z in Rom
    Tomtom navigator 5.2
    TCMP in ram, codecs are on SDcard
    Opera in Rom
    Phone Technician 2.14 in Ram
    java in RAM but I can install that to the SDcard if I want.
    That’s the setup for the 1b.17. The 1.15 is the same but I also have volume care, Pax clocker lite, Always on and Butler installed In Ram.. As for the SD cards they are both AData 4GB cards with many software titles installed such as Resco Viewer, Resco Explorer, Currency converter, Beam Pro, True Term, Palm Unit converter, Palm VNC Pac-Man, Chuzzle, Qbix, Bejewled2, Card Reader, Battleship, Space Invaders and my files.

overall empty space on both devices is around 18.5MB with Java installed but without its as high as 21.MB.
    Considering my Treos do everything I need Memory is not the issue just as long as I keep track of my cache and applications that keep loading from the SD card on to the systems RAM such as pocket tunes. If you are running this id recommend trashing it and going back to using real player and TCMP or even better purchase the Core player and dump them both.

On another note I highly recommend a program called Clean Uninstall to keep your system nice and clean.

Wow did I say all that? lol sorry .

PS.
    Oh yeah just so you all know. I finally found out why Navigator 5 or your phones in general go into a premature sleep mode and how to fix it if anybody wants to know. So help me I’m thinking of charging for this info because I seem to be the only one who understands what’s going on.
    Last edited by Bronxboy; 12/19/2006 at 05:53 PM.