1.    #1  
    Was hoping that one or more of the experts here, would help out a newbie?

Before I purchase a new 700p - I need to know how to transfer all my info on my existing Palm IIIc to a 700p ?

Can it be done by beaming from one to the other directly?

If so, can you explain how its done please ?

I'm a MAC user and , regrettably,I dont have the data on the IIIc backed up to the MAC

TIA
    Graham .
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    You'll only be able to send certain databases, because not all the software is compatable.
    The file system of the IIIc is not the same as the 700P. When you install the new desktop and hot sync the new desktop should remove all incompatible programs (note I said SHOULD). If you want to remove any doubt then rename your backup folder (c:\program files\palm\backup\{hotsyncID} so the old stuff is not restored to the new 700P. Then get new versions of the software from the MFR for all of the apps you want to transfer. That way you have versions that are more likely to be compatible/supported on the 700p. If have the same hot sync ID on the 700p as the IIIc then most if not all of your registration codes will work. I U/G from a TX to a 700P without first removing the and had a lot (5 or 6 times/day) of reset issues until I did a hard reset and renamed the old backup folder now I have almost no reset issues.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    WOW! Talk about a jump. I would try beaming contacts, memos, etc and see what works. You are jumping from 3.5 Palm OS to 5.4.9, so there is a number of old 3.5 stuff that just isn't compatible with 5.4.9. Contacts, memos, etc should be fine. I would beam them one at a time see what happens.
    Beam one of each. If that works choose Beam Category and select all.
    I'm trying to copy an entire MEMO category from a Treo 650 to a Treo 680 using BEAM. The beam seems to work fine, but the Treo 680 is importing the file into Dataviz Word to Go, so the file never makes it into the Memo area of my 680. Any ideas on how to get the category file to avoid Dataviz?

Thanks,
    --Michael S., Berkeley, Calif.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstein63 View Post
    I'm trying to copy an entire MEMO category from a Treo 650 to a Treo 680 using BEAM. The beam seems to work fine, but the Treo 680 is importing the file into Dataviz Word to Go, so the file never makes it into the Memo area of my 680. Any ideas on how to get the category file to avoid Dataviz?

Thanks,
    --Michael S., Berkeley, Calif.
    Docs to Go has been set as the default to read txt files. You can download the DataViz Tech Tool

http://download.dataviz.com/support/...ataviztech.prc

In the advance tools you can reset the settings and preferences. This should stop it going straight to Dataviz.