Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I may be an ***** and this may be covered somewhere else in the forum (or in the manual, for that matter), but I just discovered a cool little trick that I didn't think the 680 phone app. had . . . when you press the green button (press and release, not press and hold) on the default screen it brings up 10 or so of the last numbers you dialed. All this time I've been scrolling over to the call log for no reason (which I found a tad annoying, for some reason). Anywho, if this is old news please feel free to tell me I'm an ***** and delete the thread.

Carry on . . .
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    *****...just kidding,

It is old news, but welcome anyways.
    i didnt know this!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Neat! I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip.
    Thank you for the tips, did not know it... Love it now...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I didn't know either. This is good to know. Thanks for sharing
    As a Treo newbie, I'm finding there are tons of little tricks like this. For example, if you hold the 'home' key, it pops up a similar list of your most recently used apps.
    If you hold the "center" key, the new email/TXT/emails alarms will show up.

I discovered it after owning a Treo for a year.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I hate that there is no clock now on the dialpad; screen (now my default phone screen).. maybe the dial pad is better? this whole tab thingy is the right direction, but i miss typing by contact in the phone screen. That is all.
    I found that green button trick not long after I received my new treo as well; it's a similar function that you find on almost all non-smart phones. I'm glad Palm thought of it!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    As a Treo newbie, I'm finding there are tons of little tricks like this. For example, if you hold the 'home' key, it pops up a similar list of your most recently used apps.
    Well, not exactly yourr most recently used apps - I've never used the Quick Tour, for example - but that's a cool one! Thanks.

Danita
    Also, if you hold the home button for a while, the last 8 recent application will pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
    I hate that there is no clock now on the dialpad; screen (now my default phone screen).. maybe the dial pad is better? this whole tab thingy is the right direction, but i miss typing by contact in the phone screen. That is all.

Go to 'Phone Display Options' and set the pulldown to 'Typing starts Contact search'.

-Heath
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I don't know if you can do a contact search while in dial pad; in the default screen, yes.

Hold the green button down, and it will call the last number.
    I see what you mean. I use the Main screen as my default.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Go to 'Phone Display Options' and set the pulldown to 'Typing starts Contact search'.

-Heath
    Oh goodness me! You are a life-saver <g>. This is truly the only feature that I missed on my T680 - and while the other way was very cool (i.e., it would default back to numbers if no contact matched), I can remember to press the options key to get to numbers! Thank you!

Danita
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Another trick is to hold the Q key..it takes you right to the phone dialer screen..at least it does in mine..see if it works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinewizard View Post
    I found that green button trick not long after I received my new treo as well; it's a similar function that you find on almost all non-smart phones. I'm glad Palm thought of it!
    As a new treonaut that was EXACTLY what was thinking too lol! They've made it a better PHONE now from what I read!
    The green phone button tricks all work on the Treo 650 as well. They aren't new tricks...just new to people that haven't used Treos extensively.

The home button trick is new. The 650 only cycles application categories when holding the home key.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I learn new things everyday.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast