Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by owenbg View Post
    Another trick is to hold the Q key..it takes you right to the phone dialer screen..at least it does in mine..see if it works for you.
    That is very nice to know...thanks. In my case it takes me straight to KeyContacts. Up to now I had to press Option+Calendar to get to KeyContacts.
    --Nelson
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I've just discovered a few new things that were not on the 650.
    In Preferences/Sounds & Alerts/Ring Tones you can:
    • Set Vibrate to 'Vibrate then Ring'
    • Set a check box for 'Escalate ring tone volume'

The 'Vibrate then Ring' will be especially useful when I'm wearing a bluetooth headset. I've tested and the headset beeps immediately. Since I have a Jabra 250v it beeps/vibrates immediately in my ear and the new settings will eliminate my disturbance of other people.
    --Nelson
    One of the things that Palm has messed up from the 650 to the 680 is in the favorites dialing page. You used to be able to push the space bar while over a favorite and have the number and the designation (H) or (M) pop up. Now, it just shows the numbers. If I have several numbers for a person, I need the designation at the end to tell me if I'm dialing the mobile or the home number or the other number. This makes the favorites page much less useful to me from the old style. I want a way to go back to the older favorite page. 2 columns with the designator at the end when I hit the space button.
    Handspring Visor>>Treo 180g>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Treo 680
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wktaylor View Post
    One of the things that Palm has messed up from the 650 to the 680 is in the favorites dialing page. You used to be able to push the space bar while over a favorite and have the number and the designation (H) or (M) pop up. Now, it just shows the numbers. If I have several numbers for a person, I need the designation at the end to tell me if I'm dialing the mobile or the home number or the other number. This makes the favorites page much less useful to me from the old style. I want a way to go back to the older favorite page. 2 columns with the designator at the end when I hit the space button.
    I just checked and mine works the same way it did on the 650. All of the numbers are there and the indicating letter (B) (H) (M) (F). Good luck figuring out the issue.
    --Nelson
    What is B?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    What is B?
    Business - Home - Mobile - Fax
    --Nelson
    It's still (W) Work on mine.
    What gives?
    It's still (W) Work on mine.
    What gives?

I'd guess you sync to Outlook and the Palm Desktop will show a "B" instead. Simple differences in desktop applications? Maybe?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Mine works like wktaylor's ... no letters in the popup. Dang.

Palm!!!! Fix this. Silly that we're going backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson1 View Post
    I just checked and mine works the same way it did on the 650. All of the numbers are there and the indicating letter (B) (H) (M) (F). Good luck figuring out the issue.
    Mine doesn't have the letters at the end of the numbers either.

nelson, can you double-check that your 680 shows letters just like the 650? If so, do you have any skin overlay (AQUA maybe) installed? I'm thinking this may be solved like the "call duration in call log" problem.
    Mine works just like the 650. Spacebar on Favorite pops up the other numbers (non-default) and shows which number is which with the appropriate W, M, H, etc.......

Sorry folks - and no skins installed.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    This is bizarre. How do we get to the bottom of this? Is it a ROM version issue?

Mine is...

Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    Result: No Letters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    This is bizarre. How do we get to the bottom of this? Is it a ROM version issue?

Mine is...

Result: No Letters!!
    I have the same version with no skins. I have the letters.
    Firmware MW01.50
    Hardware: A
    No letters, and I sync to Palm Desktop. Outlook's not installed.
    When I'm in the original phone app, the alternate numbers pop up, but no letters, like some of the other posters here. But in Takephone v. 7.00, when I do the same thing in the "Speed Dial" tab (which is just the same favorites in the phone app, with a different name), I get all the alternate listings by using the space bar, using full words, like this (and the email addresses, too):

Work: xxx-xxx-xxxx
    Home xxx-xxx-xxxx
    Mobile: xxx-xxx-xxxx
    Email: xxxxxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com

It's actually a pretty beautiful thing.
    My old unlocked Cingular branded 650 shows the letters. My new unlocked unbranded 680 does not show the letters. I sync to Outlook and have no skins installed, though I did load the PhoneCallDuration patch.

My 680 details are -
    Hardware: A

I'm using a Cingular SIM card. For those of you who have letters showing up, who is your provider?
    I have T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1 View Post
    I'm using a Cingular SIM card. For those of you who have letters showing up, who is your provider?
    Sorry, I'm one of the ones who DOESN'T have the letters showing up -- I misread your post the 1st time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I have the same version with no skins. I have the letters.
    I was afraid you were going to say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    Mine works just like the 650. Spacebar on Favorite pops up the other numbers (non-default) and shows which number is which with the appropriate W, M, H, etc.......

Sorry folks - and no skins installed.
    You know what's weird though? When I look up a contact in my favorites list, push the spacebar to get other numbers to call them at, when I activate the call, the phone shows the number i chose, but says Unknown Caller...Very weird.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast