1.    #1  
    This morning, I went to dial a number on the phone app. It starts dialing but I don't hear anything. The person I'm calling has answered (due to the timer starting), but I can't hear them and they can't hear me.

The funny thing is as it starts dialing, there are NO icons on the screen...the Speakerphone button is missing. When the person answers, the other buttons show up, but not the button to select from speakerphone to regular phone.

I recall having this same issue once with my 650, but don't remember what I did to fix it.

Any suggestions? (reboots did not help, but it finally came back)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalloneeh View Post
    This morning, I went to dial a number on the phone app. It starts dialing but I don't hear anything. The person I'm calling has answered (due to the timer starting), but I can't hear them and they can't hear me.

The funny thing is as it starts dialing, there are NO icons on the screen...the Speakerphone button is missing. When the person answers, the other buttons show up, but not the button to select from speakerphone to regular phone.

I recall having this same issue once with my 650, but don't remember what I did to fix it.

Any suggestions? (reboots did not help, but it finally came back)
    I had this EXCACT same thing happen to me with my first Treo 680 (Cingular). It happened after 5 days with my forst unit, and I installed per the new users manual and install wizard, and I also brought my preferences and some old apps from my 650 over as well. I am convinced that this is part of what caused the issue, even though Palm and Cingualr said that is not the case. I exchanged the 1st device right away, and did a CLEAN INSTALL with the 2nd device, and I have had no issues even since.

When I had the issue you describe, no soft or hard reset would make a difference at all. I would suggest exchanging it for a new one, since both Palm and Cingular diagnosed it as a "very uncommon phone issue", FWIW.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I had the same issue with my 650, and PRAY TO GOD that I don't have the issue again on the 680. When I experienced the problem it turned out to be a faulty corded-headset plug. I read a ton about how those things are fragile, and don't do well with repeated use. One of the fixes I remember actually involved blowing into the plug as hard as you could to clear debris (actually worked a few times too!). Essentially the phone thinks you have a corded-headset plugged in even when it's not, shutting down the regular speaker, and taking away the option of the speakerphone - the exact setup you'd have if your headset is plugged in. On my old 650, I was forced to use the corded headset when I wanted to use the phone, and after a while the plug just stopped working altogether and I had to send it in for an exchange. Hopefully this helps - I might also suggest looking up "headset jack problems" or something to that effect on the 650 thread - I got a ton of help there when I experienced that problem on the old phone.
    i have had the same problem when using a corded headset. i dial people and they cant hear me. Faulty plug again? I hope not.