Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone would give me any suggestions on which BT headset/earpiece I should get. There's so many out there but I'm not sure which one really is best to use for Treo. I need something affordable, maybe $60 or less, but well worth the money. I'm having issues with my headphone jack and I'm yet to exchange my Treo (just got it yesterday). Other than that issue and the quick discharging of battery even when not in use, my Treo 680 has been good so far. Any suggestions fellas? Thanks!
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    I use a Moto H700 and It works great
    samsung wep200 works perfect for me.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I use a Moto H700 and It works great
    I second the H700. It works great for me too.
    Fellas??? You know there are a few women on TC. As for your question I like the Jabra BT250v but I'm going to upgrade to the BT500v when I have cash to blow.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Fellas??? You know there are a few women on TC. As for your question I like the Jabra BT250v but I'm going to upgrade to the BT500v when I have cash to blow.
    Point taken...I apologize. Lemme rephrase myself:

Any suggestions ladies and gents? Thanks.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Oh and thanks for the suggestions everyone! I will go ahead and narrow down my choices.
    Apology accepted, 500mL.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Just bought this fancy loooking SE HBH-610 a and its not working. Very very dissapointing/surprising. Thats one of the last BT head set from SE (;-()

Also why I do have troubles accessing the 680 and its memory content via BT browser from my Mac. Is it Palm's or Mac's issue?
    I just ordered a Plantronics 655 - will be happy to report how it works out with the 680. Anyone else have experience with the 655?
    The motorola H700 works great for me... I really like the fit and I can hear great...
    rdeemed70 alias TreoDelta- Ooo-oop!!
    Coffeshop chic, gadget fiend...
    Treo 680... WHAT!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    I just ordered a Plantronics 655 - will be happy to report how it works out with the 680. Anyone else have experience with the 655?

I know it does not fit into your price range, but I just got the Palm Branded Ultra Light BT Headset, and it is by far the best headset I have ever owned, and works like a charm with the Treo 680. Palm has it for $129, but if you do a search right now, you can find it as low as $79!!!!

BTW, this is the equivilent (and made by) the Plantronics 645, and the noise reduction feature is incredible!!! Just thought I would let you know about the High-end headsets, because I have been through several of the middle price range headsets, and I am hoping that this one will lest a bit longer and perform a bit better than the others...so far the performance is superior!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I've seen the H-700 on ebay and they sell for like $30 or so while Best Buy sells it for like $100! Anyone think it's legit or what??? Sounds too good to be true. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Silver-H-700...QQcmdZViewItem
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    As for your question I like the Jabra BT250v but I'm going to upgrade to the BT500v when I have cash to blow.
    I currently use the Jabra BT250v and your post leads me to ask whether anyone has used both a 250v and a 500v.
    I'm curious whether there is enough difference to warrant upgrading. After upgrading to the 680 the 250v responds instantly when the phone rings. In fact I think it rings before the phone does. That was not the case with a 650...the lag on the 250v was a serious problem with the 650.
    --Nelson
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 500mL View Post
    I've seen the H-700 on ebay and they sell for like $30 or so while Best Buy sells it for like $100! Anyone think it's legit or what??? Sounds too good to be true. Check it out:

500mL,

I purchased an H700 on one of those discount online stores (http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_home...l=ppmobilemart) and was a little apprehensive at first. But for $31.99 I figured I would give it a shot, worst case if it sucked, I could just send it back and get a refund (they guaranteed everything). Got my H700 from this place in a couple of days and it has been working a like a champ since day one. I saw the same units just like you for an average of $89 in Best Buy, Circuit City and at the Mall kiosks. I say go for if you can get a money back guarantee. Good luck!
    Make sure on the H700 it's version "B", version "A" is horrible.

Serial Number/model number on the back will end in an A or B.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Kool. I'll find out whether it's the A or the B version. I was just quite surprised about the difference between the pricing. Thanks for the input.
    Jabra JX10 is tha bomb! I've yet to see an earpiece look this good. And as for it's functionality....forgetaboutit.

duke
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Jabra JX10 is tha bomb! I've yet to see an earpiece look this good. And as for it's functionality....forgetaboutit.

duke
    I second this one! I got my JX10 a couple weeks ago, and it's the best headset I've owned. You can find them for around $50 on ebay, and it's well worth waiting for.... The battery life is great, clarity is awesome, and it's super comfortable. I never feel like I'm going to lose it -- which is a huge plus.

I've been through the Moto 850, and the 700 -- both of which broke quickly because of the flip out mic "feature." One rule of thumb I wish I had listened to when I was buying my first headset was that moving parts break.

So in short, JX10 for the win, $50 or so on ebay after shipping...
    Quote Originally Posted by 500mL View Post

I also use the H700 and it is superb. I bought one of the 1st ones that came out ($129 @ Best Buy ), and yes it's the "A" version however I've been using it for over a year now and it's been great and still is great.

I also bought one on Ebay for $35 for a gift to a friend and it looks "almost" legit. The plastic feels slightly different and so is the ear hook. Looks like a knock off, the auction I purchased it from showed it was the silver/chrome model however when I received mine, it was all black. Looks almost identical though. Some friend I am giving out knock off Ebay items lol. My friend reports the battery life is extremely short now on the one I bought from Ebay.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast