Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hi Sean!
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    best headset i've ever had.

i've used the plantronics 510, palm and jabra. all have their quirks. the audi works perfectly. hard to fit in your pocket though, but since most of my headset time is drive time, i almost never use my plantronics now.
    Hi Sean . Hi Jessi . Where's the coffee?
    I am using the plantronics 510. Great headset. The only quirk is that if you answer a call on the 680 and want to switch to the headset during the call the 680 will not connect to the 510 unless bluetooth is set to visible on the 680. Hidden mode prevents the connection mid-call. Hidden doesn't seem to be problem as long as you are not in the middle of a call and want to switch to a bluetooth headset.

I moved to the 680 from a Nokia 6230. Nokia's bluetooth implementation spoiled me. The 6230 easily connected and disconnected to cars and headsets. The 680 has been a study in tinkering with settings etc. just to get it to work right. Frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch View Post
    Hi Sean . Hi Jessi . Where's the coffee?
    Can we have tea instead?
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Actually I'm in the Tea business, so that would be good. I'll sell the tea, and have more $ to buy gadgets. Damn, I'll have to give up my chip and start again. "Hi, I'm Sean, and I'm a tech and gadget junkie. I've not even been sober (froogle) one day!"
    Dude, that's totally cool! I love tea. But you can't charge for the tea a meeting. Refreshments are free. However, if you're gonna charge us, I'm going to need a discount since I did suggest the tea.
    ~Jessi~

But is I cahrge for the tea I can buy a...... AAARRRGHHH. There goes another first day chip.

OK Tea is on me, maybe I will chair the next meeting, I'm feeling the need to share. I just downloaded the iPhone cardboard model, and made it. Kind of like the sickly sweet methodone substitute for a junkie that doesn't give the same buzz *** the real thing.......Oh the sweet feeling of handing over my credit card for a new iPhone. STOP! I think I should call my sponsor, on a brand new iPhone. AAARRRGGHHH!!

The monkey is always on your back.
    LOL!!! Methadone!!! I love it!!! I understand where your coming from. I'm saving for my first mac and I'm having it painted Cotton Candy pink to match my nano. And I'm so happy the tea is FREE!!!
    ~Jessi~

It's been 5 months (+/-) now since I've had my 680. I'm pretty tired of the wired headset at this point, though I don't use it real often. I've read this thread and the rest of the 680 thread and done a few searches to see what headsets are working and which ones aren't. Here's what I've seen so far:

Working:
    • Motorola H700 Seems to be the preferred headset on the boards
    • Plantronics 510 With eargels
    • Plantronics 655 With eargels
    • Plantronics 645 With eargels, aka Palm UltraLight
    • Jabra JX-10 Though some don't like the earhook
    • Sony Ericcsson HBH-600 Not all features work
    • Jabra BT-500 2-3 votes
    • Aliph Jawbone 2 votes, not one I've heard much else about
    • Motorola HS500
    • Blue Ant V12
    • Audi A4 A little pricey, but would love one

Not Working:
    • Sony Ericcsson HBH-300 This one is from my experience
    • Motorola HS850 Several mentions

My observations and preferences:
    • I've never been thrilled with the Plantronics form factors.
    • The Jabra I had with my 650 was awesome. Wish I could remember where I left it some time back
    • Sony Ericcsson headsets work, but not all the features of those phones work.
    • I'm not someone who wears mine around the mall, the house, etc. like I've seen some folks do. Fine for them, but I don't need to be that connected.
    • Prefer the in ear style of the Jabra gels.
    • Have also always liked the SE headsets, but they don't seem to work well with the 680.
    • Still lusting after the JX-10.
    • I prefer the boom styles to make sure that I can be heard, but it looks like that's gotten better in the past couple years.
    • Not sure I'm into the "flip" or "rotate" style headsets.
    • Needs to be durable as I'd probably carry it in my pocket most of the time.
    • Also not as worried about charging time as I would probably charge it with my 680 every night.

Anything I've missed before I make a final decision?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Great summary there, RAWDATA! I was just looking into this thread today cause I'm ready for a different BT headset. I currently use the 850 and the volume isn't loud enough and I have a hard time hearing anyone when I drive with the car windows open - even worst in a Jeep. Jeep Wranglers are very noisey. I've managed it over the past year - but enough is enough. In the past, I've tried the stereo LG headset with Softick. It had too many problems - but as I sit here typing this, I'll check it out again to see if anything new has been developed. (I do like the stereo LG headset.)

Anyway, I'm digressing -- looks like the Jawbone would be my pick from the posts here - since it works in my driving conditions (moon roof open in Honda or tooling around in the Jeep Wrangler). Now to find a good price for it!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    And, Hi Sean!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Simba, here's the cheapest Jawbone I've found at $79.99 (I fried the one I've had since January by dropping it in water and had to find another): http://www.shopcell.com/Motorola-RAZ...oneSilver.html.

If you want the black, it's backordered most places and advertised on the site I linked to above for $119.00 (which is also the cheapest black I found).

Also, there are a ton of Jawbone reviews and commentary here at TC, including here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...hlight=Jawbone.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Simba, here's the cheapest Jawbone I've found at $79.99 (I fried the one I've had since January by dropping it in water and had to find another): http://www.shopcell.com/Motorola-RAZ...oneSilver.html.

If you want the black, it's backordered most places and advertised on the site I linked to above for $119.00 (which is also the cheapest black I found).

Also, there are a ton of Jawbone reviews and commentary here at TC, including here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...hlight=Jawbone.
    Just finished reading the post you mentioned plus a few more. Do you know if they charge shipping and tax? I can't find out till I fill out the order form. I already have Jabra eargels, so this would work out fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Just finished reading the post you mentioned plus a few more. Do you know if they charge shipping and tax? I can't find out till I fill out the order form. I already have Jabra eargels, so this would work out fine.

Yes, shopcell.com does charge shipping (except shipping is free on orders of $100 or more), which varies depending on which delivery option you choose. I'm not sure about tax, because I'm in a no sales tax state. I use a Jabra eargel with my Jawbone, as well, and it's a lot better for me than the ones that come with the Jawbone!
    My wife also picked up a jawbone recently. She loves it with her 750 and uses it all the time. I haven't been able to pry it away from her yet to try it with my 680.

However, I agree with some of the other posts in various places that say that it's size is a downfall. I'm more of a "keep it in my pocket until I need it" kind of a guy so prefer ones that are smaller. The tradeoffs for smaller ones are battery life and performance, though. Then again, I'm also coming from the Sony-Ericsson HBH-300 - the one with the 4 inch long boom on it...

Since I'm also moving at a snail's pace on my decision to purchase a new headset, I've narrowed my list down to the JX-10 and the Jawbone, too. Just don't want to buy that many headsets anymore like myself and others have done over the years....
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I've decided to go back to my LG hbs-110 BT headset. I tested it with Softick's Audio Gateway awhile ago and wasn't completely satisfied, but knew it would work as long as I didn't go from A2DP to internal speaker (my comments on a thread in Softick's forum). So, I finally bought Audio Gateway and now my LG is my BT wireless headset.

Pro: Callers can't hear the noise around me since it's an in-the-ear-bud headset (both ears). Plus, the volume on this LG is very good - clear and loud. This headset was made for the LG Chocolate - which my husband has; since he doesn't use it, it's back with me. I can listen to PTunes.

Cons: There are wires for the ear buds and the controller which can get in the way. For women, it's like wearing a long necklace. Not very good from listening to music to taking a call, so I don't listen to music on my 680. I have an IPOD Shuttle - kind of defeats the all-in-one handset.
    Well, I bought a Moto H700 based on the recomendations from this thread. I got one of the 'B' sets for ~$40 from the TC store. I can't get it to go into pairing mode. According to the Moto support site, you hold down the Call button until the purple light comes on, flip open the boom, then pair from the phone. problem is, about 1 second after I let go of the Call button, the light goes out, regardless of the position of the boom.

Dud unit? I emailed TC support last night, but I donlt expect a responce till probably Monday, at the earliest.
    Quote Originally Posted by blorgmike View Post
    Well, I bought a Moto H700 based on the recomendations from this thread. I got one of the 'B' sets for ~$40 from the TC store. I can't get it to go into pairing mode. According to the Moto support site, you hold down the Call button until the purple light comes on, flip open the boom, then pair from the phone. problem is, about 1 second after I let go of the Call button, the light goes out, regardless of the position of the boom.

Dud unit? I emailed TC support last night, but I donlt expect a responce till probably Monday, at the earliest.
    +1 im having problems
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234