Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have a Jabra BT500 that I used for a while on my old 650, and for the past couple of weeks on the 680 - I love it. If you like "in the ear" style headsets, this one is very comfortable. The sound doesn't get as loud as some competitors, but the fact that the earpice actually goes inside your ear makes even the low volume setting very easy to hear.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tccentex View Post
    I have a Jabra BT500 that I used for a while on my old 650, and for the past couple of weeks on the 680 - I love it. If you like "in the ear" style headsets, this one is very comfortable. The sound doesn't get as loud as some competitors, but the fact that the earpice actually goes inside your ear makes even the low volume setting very easy to hear.
    TCCENTEX,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into this one also. So far I like what I'm hearing about the H700 and the other Jabra headsets.

How is battery life with your 680 considering that the power drains out so quickly? Do you always keep your Bluetooth on or just when you feel like using it to work with your headset?
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    ARRGGHH. I surrendered my 2nd 680 today to Cingular when we couldn't get any BT earpieces to reconnect after one successfully completed call. Now I have my 3rd 680 which successfully paired w/a Samsung BT multiple times while in the store. I convinced them to let me take a Moto H700 out for a trial, charged it up and now the stinking phone won't even recognize the earpiece. I'm starting to think its just me and that I'm destined not to have BT handsfree with this phone. I know how to pair a headset to a phone... at least I thought I did. There aren't that many steps. Anyone out there experiencing this??

As for some of the questions re: the H700. I have no idea whether it is A or B. This is a "trial" version that looked new out of the box but I didn't get the box.

The option of Headset or Carkit doesn't come up since this new phone now doesn't even pair with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Being able to flip out the H700 boom to answer a call was a big selling point to me (you have to pair it as a carkit in order for it to work that way), and especially being able to flip it closed when not in use to save battery life.
    How do you get to choose the BT profile on the 680? I've paired two headsets so far, a Logitech Mobile Traveler and an SE HBH-608, and they come up as "Audio" with no option to change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulebe View Post
    As for some of the questions re: the H700. I have no idea whether it is A or B. This is a "trial" version that looked new out of the box but I didn't get the box.
    Check the back of the headset near where you plug in the mini USB cord to charge it

You'll see:

The Serial Number (I'm Guessing)
    H700
    SYNXXXXA or SYNXXXXB <--- This shows you A or B
    Made in China
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordol View Post
    How do you get to choose the BT profile on the 680? I've paired two headsets so far, a Logitech Mobile Traveler and an SE HBH-608, and they come up as "Audio" with no option to change it.
    I'm doing this based off my 650 which might be different

After I choose Hands-free setup, do the initial pairing, and enter the passcode, I'm giving a drop-down box which defaults to "Headset". I can click on that and choose Car Kit instead.

http://blog.treonauts.com/MotoH700DG06.jpg

Image courtesy of Treonauts...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I'm doing this based off my 650 which might be different

After I choose Hands-free setup, do the initial pairing, and enter the passcode, I'm giving a drop-down box which defaults to "Headset". I can click on that and choose Car Kit instead.
    I used a 650 before, I know the 650 can do that. There is no such option on the 680. At least, not with the (now) three headsets I've tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    Just received it yesterday - first impressions are really positive, paired with the 680 without issue and I've made several calls - sound quality was great both outbound and inbound.
    Well - after a week of use I have to say I really like the 655. Very comfortable, tsound is still great - paired easily. I just got off a 2 hour call and my ear feels just fine...easy to forget that I'm even wearing the thing.
    I just wanted to chime in that I've used several BT headsets with my 680 now, including the Motorola HS850, the Palm Ultralight (Palm branded Plantronics 645) and the Motorola H700. For me, the H700 is by far superior! The Ultralight worked great, but I hated the earpiece going into the ear (I have small ears and even the small gel was too big). It was uncomfortable and I always felt like it was falling away from my face. Also, the Ultralight has virtually no talk or standby time, relatively speaking.

The H700 is so comfortable, I don't even know I'm wearing it, but it pairs with the 680 flawlessly and I've had no complaints from anyone on the other end about the sound quality. The reception is my ear is so good, I often need to turn the volume down.

You can get the H700 for GREAT prices at the PriceGrabber.com website. I ordered for about $28.00, including shipping, from Original Wireless through PriceGrabber. I got it quickly, it's the B version, and came sealed in the Motorola original packaging. I also took the precaution of checking it against Motorola's official counterfeit guide and it's definitely the real thing.

A word of warning, though: DO NOT ORDER FROM PP MOBILEMART. I first ordered an H700 from PP Mobilemart and thought I got the real thing, but it never worked. I thought the H700 was just incompatible with the 680, until I saw some of the posts on here and thought maybe I had a defective headset and ordered a new one. When I checked the Motorola counterfeit guide, I knew for certain that I'd been duped -- most definitely a fake!
    So will the Treo Pipe Music and ALL Sound through this blue tooth headset?

http://www.slashgear.com/jabra-bt801...set-153475.php
    -tgwaste
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    So will the Treo Pipe Music and ALL Sound through this blue tooth headset?

http://www.slashgear.com/jabra-bt801...set-153475.php

Go here to find more info regarding A2DP:
    http://softick-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=1

You'll see that there is nothing (yet) that works with the 680. Softick is working on it so maybe in a couple of months they'll have something.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    SE HBH-600 here. Works most of the time, but has enough issues to make me ready to swap. As long in auto-connect mode it's this way. In manual connect it is horribly unusable.

Issues: If the headset button is touched before making a call, it connects but no sound comes thru. Hanging up via phone or headset is a mixed bag. Never know when it's going to destroy the next connection. Sometimes never disconnects although call has ended.

I'm swapping eventually. It's way to unreliable.

Why did Palm release more beta testing on us. The 650 BT was near perfect.
    Patrick Horne
    IMO, you can never go wrong with the Plantronics Voyager 510:

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-51...bosnation0e-20

I swear by this thing. It's very comfortable, great audio quality, and long battery life. Just check out the sheer number of reviews on Amazon. It's close to 750 reviews (!) and a 4 1/2 out of 5 star rating.

Plus the 510 is listed as compatible for the 680.

It's well worth the money.
    The Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #100 - "Never begin a business negotiation on an empty stomach."

Take over my T-Mobile 12 month Contract - 12 months left, $39.99, free phones, and $40 credit

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=136424
    I was searching for the bluetooth headset that was the greatest with my Treo 680...and found that nobody agrees on what that is!!

So, I tried my old Motorola HS500...and found it works awesome!! I only use my headset while I'm driving for safety reasons, and although it is pretty loose and floppy on my ear, it sounds great and pairs instantly with the 680. It actually pairs and performs better on my Treo than it ever did on my Motorola phones in the past. It stays connected, has pretty good call-quality, and holds a charge forever!

I think I will stick with the Moto and save some money!
    I just have to chime in. I've had a few BT earpieces (gadgets are a bit of an addiction for me, but I'm thinking of joining a support group). Of all the earpieces I've owned, by far the best outgoing sound quality of any of them in any sort of noisy environment id the Aliph Jawbone. I live in New York City, and drive around in an old 1970 London Taxi (noisier than any tractor or truck I've ever driven) and people can't even hear the vehicle in the background. The secret is to get the fit right, which for me involved getting the Jabra Ear Gels from Radioshack. This has given me the best sound quality in and out of any BT earpiece I've had. I'm considering getting a custom fit earmold made to see if it can get any better, but this is as much for comfort as anything.
    The connection on the Jawbone earpiece has been faltless, and has worked more reliably than others with my Treo 680, and worlds better than my Treo 650 which was nothing short of crap on the bluetooth front.
    Hope this helps. Can't recomend the jawbone highly enough, especially when one of my biggest gripes with the Treo 680 has been the sound quality in and out on the handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    I just have to chime in. I've had a few BT earpieces (gadgets are a bit of an addiction for me, but I'm thinking of joining a support group). Of all the earpieces I've owned, by far the best outgoing sound quality of any of them in any sort of noisy environment id the Aliph Jawbone. I live in New York City, and drive around in an old 1970 London Taxi (noisier than any tractor or truck I've ever driven) and people can't even hear the vehicle in the background. The secret is to get the fit right, which for me involved getting the Jabra Ear Gels from Radioshack. This has given me the best sound quality in and out of any BT earpiece I've had. I'm considering getting a custom fit earmold made to see if it can get any better, but this is as much for comfort as anything.
    The connection on the Jawbone earpiece has been faltless, and has worked more reliably than others with my Treo 680, and worlds better than my Treo 650 which was nothing short of crap on the bluetooth front.
    Hope this helps. Can't recomend the jawbone highly enough, especially when one of my biggest gripes with the Treo 680 has been the sound quality in and out on the handset.

I have to agree with DaddyMac (my very old post concerning the H700 above notwithstanding). I've been using the Jawbone for a couple of months now and it's been by far the best headset, in both the quality of what I'm able to hear, and the quality of my voice on the other end of the call (most people don't even know I'm on a bluetooth headset unless I tell them), I've ever used. I'm using a Jabra ear gel with mine, as well (but I have to use the mini-ear gels, because my ears are very small). The pairing with my 680 has been flawless, also.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I have to agree with DaddyMac (my very old post concerning the H700 above notwithstanding). I've been using the Jawbone for a couple of months now and it's been by far the best headset, in both the quality of what I'm able to hear, and the quality of my voice on the other end of the call (most people don't even know I'm on a bluetooth headset unless I tell them), I've ever used. I'm using a Jabra ear gel with mine, as well (but I have to use the mini-ear gels, because my ears are very small). The pairing with my 680 has been flawless, also.
    I'm using the BlueAnt H10 aand I like it, it pairs well, but i wish it had better incoming sound. Sometimes I have a hard time hearing my secretary with the teeny voice on the phone when I'm on the tollway. How is the Jawbone incoming sound in the car, on the subway, waliking outside, etc? Also, is there any connection delay?
    Oops, make that a BlueAnt V12, not a H10.
    Blueant T8 micro for me. It is very small, Bluetooth 2 compatible, and works fine, but I havent had it long.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki View Post
    I'm using the BlueAnt H10 aand I like it, it pairs well, but i wish it had better incoming sound. Sometimes I have a hard time hearing my secretary with the teeny voice on the phone when I'm on the tollway. How is the Jawbone incoming sound in the car, on the subway, waliking outside, etc? Also, is there any connection delay?

I've found the Jawbone sound both incoming and outgoing to be excellent, and the connect time and reliability as good or more often better than my previous BT headsets. I definitely would suggest using the Jabra Eargel that fits you best to improve the incoming sound, as the included earpieces didn't fit me well.

As I said in my original post, getting the fit right is very important with the Jawbone as this is what keeps the sensor against your jawbone for the noise cancelation.

I would challenge you to find a noisiser car interior than my old 1970 London Taxi. When I'm using the Jawbone people don't usually know I'm in the car, and with the Jabra Eargel I can hear them very well.

One of my major bones of contention with my Treo 650 handset and my new Treo 680 handset were the sound incoming (used Volumecare on my 650, didn't need it so much with the 680 but it still wasn't great unless you had perfect signal and quiet surroundings) and the almost unusable sound outgoing for both in any noisey or windy conditions (read almost anywhere in my life in NYC).

The Jawbone has made my 680 great again, it connects quickly and reliably, the sound is great both in and out, and with some work (getting the right eargel is paramount) it is very comfortable (I'm still considering getting a custom earmold made to get it just perfect). On occasions when I have not been wearing my Jawbone and have had to answer my 680 outside, I'm reminded of how bad the sound in and out are.

Some of the other situations you said you were having trouble with could be down to your location and the signal your Treo is getting. I've been a long time Palm fan, but have had to make compromises with phone signal to use a Treo. Many situations I don't get as good a signal as users of other makes of cellphone who are using the same cell provider (In my case Cingular or isn't that AT&T now)

I've been an even longer fan of all things Apple (which was what brought me to Palm because they've always played well together) so my Treo signal woes could be a thing of the past as soon as the iPhone comes out, as I intend to get the first one I can get my hands on, but that would be a discussion in another forum. I'm even considering trying to bribe someone to get the first one in NYC, "Shouldn't you wait to get the 2nd generation one?". Well I'll probably be clamoring to get that one when it's released too. As I said in my initial post

Stands up in meeting "Hi. My name is Sean, and I'm a gadget and technology addict." Others in room (some on these forums) say in chorus "Hi Sean"
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast