Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I ask all of you to try this headset. Very simple to use and has worked flawlessly on the 700p, and the 680. It is a very reliable headset and pairs very well. LG HBM 730
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT. View Post
    I also use the H700 and it is superb. I bought one of the 1st ones that came out ($129 @ Best Buy ), and yes it's the "A" version however I've been using it for over a year now and it's been great and still is great.

I also bought one on Ebay for $35 for a gift to a friend and it looks "almost" legit. The plastic feels slightly different and so is the ear hook. Looks like a knock off, the auction I purchased it from showed it was the silver/chrome model however when I received mine, it was all black. Looks almost identical though. Some friend I am giving out knock off Ebay items lol. My friend reports the battery life is extremely short now on the one I bought from Ebay.
    Well there has to be something weird about those Motorola H700's selling on eBay. I mean I'm not saying that they're all knockoffs, but you just never know. Thanks for the input David T.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Quote Originally Posted by anamcara View Post
    I second this one! I got my JX10 a couple weeks ago, and it's the best headset I've owned. You can find them for around $50 on ebay, and it's well worth waiting for.... The battery life is great, clarity is awesome, and it's super comfortable. I never feel like I'm going to lose it -- which is a huge plus.

I've been through the Moto 850, and the 700 -- both of which broke quickly because of the flip out mic "feature." One rule of thumb I wish I had listened to when I was buying my first headset was that moving parts break.

So in short, JX10 for the win, $50 or so on ebay after shipping...
    I tried out the JX-10 as well before settling on the H700. Main thing I didn't like about the JX-10 was the position and size of the volume buttons..too small for me and having them on the back side as opposed to the top or bottom (or both in the case of the H700) didn't make them easy to get to..although I didn't try for too long and I'm sure you get used to it.

Being able to flip out the H700 boom to answer a call was a big selling point to me (you have to pair it as a carkit in order for it to work that way), and especially being able to flip it closed when not in use to save battery life.

Both are really nice though
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    I know it does not fit into your price range, but I just got the Palm Branded Ultra Light BT Headset, and it is by far the best headset I have ever owned, and works like a charm with the Treo 680. Palm has it for $129, but if you do a search right now, you can find it as low as $79!!!!

BTW, this is the equivilent (and made by) the Plantronics 645, and the noise reduction feature is incredible!!! Just thought I would let you know about the High-end headsets, because I have been through several of the middle price range headsets, and I am hoping that this one will lest a bit longer and perform a bit better than the others...so far the performance is superior!!!
    Thanks Matt - I got the 655 because Plantronics claims to have fixed the issue of the headset not clicking firmly into the charging base...though it looks like the 655 doesn't have the multipoint capability (pair to more than one bluetooth device).
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    I just ordered a Plantronics 655 - will be happy to report how it works out with the 680. Anyone else have experience with the 655?
    MattM2G

I have been using the 655 for a few weeks and it works great. The sound is good and the only thing I noticed is that there is a slight delay in connecting to the 680 (seems it happened on the 650 too). I like the different charging options, it's lightweight, and it's an in ear BT headset (I wear glasses). I also like the storage/tube clip that I can wear in my pocket instead of having a leech attached to my ear all day when I'm not on a call.

It is a DSP headset but since I have never owned a BT headset before I don't know how much superior it is over non-DSP headsets. Wait, TC gave me a free one with my order, I will pair it up and see if I can tell the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I tried out the JX-10 as well before settling on the H700. Main thing I didn't like about the JX-10 was the position and size of the volume buttons..too small for me and having them on the back side as opposed to the top or bottom (or both in the case of the H700) didn't make them easy to get to..although I didn't try for too long and I'm sure you get used to it.

Being able to flip out the H700 boom to answer a call was a big selling point to me (you have to pair it as a carkit in order for it to work that way), and especially being able to flip it closed when not in use to save battery life.

Both are really nice though
    You're right the buttons are small, but that's the price you pay for such a tiny ear piece. I've been using mine for 12 months to the date! By far my favorite headset. The only problem I've had is with the ear loop. So small that it's delicate. Specifically, the little prongs that snap on to the headset itself tend to break. I've replaced mine 3 times over the last year, but at no cost. Jabra has sent them to me each time. And I didn't have to pay for shipping .

duke
    Quote Originally Posted by 500mL View Post
    I've seen the H-700 on ebay and they sell for like $30 or so while Best Buy sells it for like $100! Anyone think it's legit or what??? Sounds too good to be true. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Silver-H-700...QQcmdZViewItem
    Just got one from ebay for $15 +$15 for shipping... It is fine, works great. Didn't come with a charger, but I already had one anyway
    can you pipe ALL sound to the H700? or just phone calls?
    The Audio Gateway from Softick says 'Bluetooth A2DP device'.
    Is that this?
    -tgwaste
    Just phone calls, the H700 is not an A2DP headset...however the HT820 is and I have one and love it as well, it just doesn't work on my 680 using SAG.
    New poster here, folks so bear with me. Long time Palm user and traded in my 600 for a Cingular 680. Had the typical issues w/battery life, gibberish in the "Cingular" name in the upper left corner of the phone screen, volume issues, etc. that many on this forum have posted.
    My concern at this point is with the bluetooth earpiece. I have yet to find one that consistently works with the 680. I've tried the Nokia BH900 and the Moto H700. Both did the same thing. I power up the earpiece and pair it to the phone. It works great on the first outbound or inbound call. After that, if I make a call, it will not connect to the earpiece. I will have to shut down the earpiece and power it up again.
    It is, quite frankly, irritating the daylights out of me. I've seen other posts suggest setting the bluetooth from hidden to visible, which I've done, and the cache is enabled.
    Cingular suggested a new phone... like the e62... not exactly what I want to do. HELP!!!!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulebe View Post
    New poster here, folks so bear with me. Long time Palm user and traded in my 600 for a Cingular 680. Had the typical issues w/battery life, gibberish in the "Cingular" name in the upper left corner of the phone screen, volume issues, etc. that many on this forum have posted.
    My concern at this point is with the bluetooth earpiece. I have yet to find one that consistently works with the 680. I've tried the Nokia BH900 and the Moto H700. Both did the same thing. I power up the earpiece and pair it to the phone. It works great on the first outbound or inbound call. After that, if I make a call, it will not connect to the earpiece. I will have to shut down the earpiece and power it up again.
    It is, quite frankly, irritating the daylights out of me. I've seen other posts suggest setting the bluetooth from hidden to visible, which I've done, and the cache is enabled.
    Cingular suggested a new phone... like the e62... not exactly what I want to do. HELP!!!!
    In reference to the your H700 earpiece, you say that the earpiece will shut down after the call. I haven't had such a problem with my ear piece. Are you basing it shutting down by the headphone icon not showing on the phone itself or is it based on the ear piece not actually being able to connect on a phone call. If you are basing it on the icon, you probably shouldn't. From my experience, as long as I have at least the blue active bluetooth connection icon on my phone, all phone calls will connect to my ear piece as long as I have the boom opened.
    Just received it yesterday - first impressions are really positive, paired with the 680 without issue and I've made several calls - sound quality was great both outbound and inbound.

The only thing I can't get a grasp for is how the gel tips are supposed to fit - is there a trick to putting them in?
    Plantronics 510 works great. Audio levels great.
    Nokia BEH-700
    Good Sound, great look, good feel.
    Slight lag in pickup as you hear the ring for a 1/2 second after u press the answer button. That is my only complaint.
    Thanks Matt - I got the 655 because Plantronics claims to have fixed the issue of the headset not clicking firmly into the charging base...though it looks like the 655 doesn't have the multipoint capability (pair to more than one bluetooth device).
    I have the palm Branded "Ultralight" and it has noo issues clicking into the charging base at all!!! I love having the pocket clip to put the headet in when I am not using it...nice!!! Tha travel case is also graet for me since I am a road warrior.

Just received it yesterday - first impressions are really positive, paired with the 680 without issue and I've made several calls - sound quality was great both outbound and inbound.

The only thing I can't get a grasp for is how the gel tips are supposed to fit - is there a trick to putting them in?
    Read the manual for right and left handed operation. The key is to find the gel that fits best and just barely PLACE it in your ear. If you have the right Gel, it fits very snug, and extremely comfortably. I am finding myself coming home after being out all day (10 hours), and forgetting that I still have it in my ear, which I could never do with any other headset I have owned.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by paulebe View Post
    Which version of the H700 do you have, A or B?
    Also, when pairing with the 680 do you get the option of Headset vs. Carkit? Choose Carkit.

I don't have a 680 (have a 650), so YMMV
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorefun4you View Post
    Plantronics 510 works great. Audio levels great.
    By "great," do you mean that the 2 second delay for the headset to pickup that this headset has on the 650 is gone? Or is the functionality just as good as it was with the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT. View Post
    Just phone calls, the H700 is not an A2DP headset...however the HT820 is and I have one and love it as well, it just doesn't work on my 680 using SAG.
    if it doesnt work.. what exactly do you love about it?
    -tgwaste
    tgwaste as you can see the 680 is not my only phone, the HT820 works wonders via A2DP on my WM devices. It sounds very decent with the cord to my 680 as well, not as nice and plush as my Sennheisers but its also more portable than the Sennheisers
    I just want a stinking set of 'behind the head' phones that work via BT.. uhg
    -tgwaste
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast