Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I cant find it. I have ZLauncher, Butler, but they all seem to be tied to events. I just want somthing that wakes my up at the set time. Something loud and repetitious, like the ring tone.

I searched, and still cant tell, but there's an alarm app for free I will otherwise use. Just seemed a simple thing that would already be there.
    The Calendar with an alert won't do it for you?
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    You state you have Butler. Butler has a fine alarm system that is not tied tied to an event. Its what I use for my Treo alarm.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    World clock has one.
    Go to World Clock, and up in the right-hand corner where it says "off", you will find the simple alarm clock. No repeats, nothing fancy.
    Last edited by Levyesq; 12/16/2006 at 11:29 PM.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  6.    #6  
    thanks...sometimes things just look more complex (or it could just be that I'm old).
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    treo alarm is by far the best i have found.
    treoalarm says explicitly on their page that it only works for the 600 and 650

confirm/deny?
    is there a way to play mp3's as alarms (for world clock) or transfer files into the world clock midi database?

Thank you
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    WatchM works wonderfully for me, and is free.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macsteroni View Post

confirm/deny?
    i use treoalarm every day on my 700p so i would have to say that it works. it has all of the features i could want such as multiple alarms and it even will update the weather every time the alarm goes off so when you wake up you always have the most current forecast right inside treo alarm. Great app IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by macsteroni View Post

confirm/deny?
    I've had the treo alarm on my 600 for a years, and it has worked great! It wakes me up everytime, I've used my cellphone as my alarm clock for years, and when I first got the treo, that was my major concern, after finding treo alarm, all of that went away. I now am going over to the 700p, the first tryout worked very well....very convenient, you can set it by day/weekly.
    world clock works best BUT you MUST wind your treo first or is will stop ticing
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I travel during the weeks and have been using the alarms in Butler. I find it to be extremely reliable and has lots of features.
    Ever since I found my Treo 650 and Palm TX's World Clock alarm to be completely unreliable, I've never even tried the 700's. If the 700's is 100% reliable (yes, anything less than 100% reliable for an alarm clock is completely unacceptable) please let me know. I used all my previous Palms back to the Professional as alarm clocks. I guess it's always two steps forward, one step back with Palm.
    Mobile Clock at http://www.rmobile.ca/. Now the thing to do is to download and test each one to find the one that fits your purposes. I have used MobileClock since the days of the 300. Ben
    look for Watchmaker.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    never failed for me but i always wind my treo before i go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    Ever since I found my Treo 650 and Palm TX's World Clock alarm to be completely unreliable, I've never even tried the 700's. If the 700's is 100% reliable (yes, anything less than 100% reliable for an alarm clock is completely unacceptable) please let me know. I used all my previous Palms back to the Professional as alarm clocks. I guess it's always two steps forward, one step back with Palm.
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I travel a lot. A lot.

The best alarm I have found to fit my personal needs is an app called 2PlayMe by MetaViewSoft. It has never failed me and you can set it to wake you up to your favorite song or alarm sound. It has a snooze function and you can also have it play continuous songs if you'd prefer. It's very good.

Features:

--Customizable alarms for every weekday, once or every week
    --"Snooze" and "Safe Alarm"
    --Customizable background, select any JPEG file from your memory card or watch the animated fire effect
    --Customizable internal alarm, select on of the installed MIDI files to wake you up
    --Customizable MP3 alarm, use Realplayer, PocketTunes or AeroPlayer to wake you up
    --Customizable colors for the real 3D clock
    --Synchronize the device time with the internet
    --control Sound, Light, Bluetooth, default network connect, WiFi, Phone, auto off time...
    --Works with Sony's Audioplayer (tested with TH55, Audioplayer 3.2, others may or may not work, please test before you buy)

Check it out here: http://www.palmgear.com/?xyz=53698

SMEGGIE
    I've sworn by Butler's alarm since I've installed it... never lets me down.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast