1.    #1  
    This sucks as I left my charger at work. It will not charge now that the battery is dead. I tried taking it out etc.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    This has happened a few times to me as well. However, the other day I just plugged it into the USB cable (with a dead battery) and forgot about it. The charge light wasn't on or anything. About 7-10 minutes later, it suddenly popped on and started booting.

Try leaving it plugged in for awhile and see what happens.
    Exactly, I saw some 20 minutes before the light went on... Just give it some time...
    USB is a trickle charger for convenience so of course it's going to be slower than the power plug. Even with the power plug it takes 2 or 3 minutes for it to reboot on. It wouldn't be surprising that trickle charging will take even longer.
    Hi,

Just to confirm, you can trickle charge your Treo 680 without the AC charger by connecting it to your computer with the sync cable. However, it takes longer to charge the battery without the AC charger, and if your laptop isn’t plugged into a power source, it can drain the laptop’s battery. For the quickest charge time, use the AC charger.

When trickle charging the Treo 680 with the sync cable, the indicator light may not turn on. To make sure the battery is charging, check the onscreen battery indicator.
    This, from the Palm Knowledge Library article Guide to battery icons on the Treo 680 smartphone.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels View Post
    Hi,

This, from the Palm Knowledge Library article Guide to battery icons on the Treo 680 smartphone.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    Good to see an official palm voice here!