1.    #1  
    Now that 1.08 beta is out (and praised by some in the Softick forum), let's start a new thread on which hardware works best with this release.

I have to buy a A2DP/AVRCP headphone as my old ones (BT240) bit the dust.

There are so many variations of firmware+650/700p+pTunes/Kinoma/TCPMP that a final answer will be hard to get. But let's try (for my sake
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I just got the Sony DS970. Audio works fine with Pocket Tunes.
    I had 1 crash trying to shut off the screen.

I have not had a call, while listening to music, to see if it crashes.

Works fine with TCPMP. (tested video)
    I strongly recommend the Plantronics 590A. I cant say enough about them, they absolutely rock.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I am using Samsung SBH-100's - they are great!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys. Do all of these handle calls properly, in addition to streaming music?

Can you pick up calls on the headphones and does the music resume after you hang up?

Does the AVRCP feature work properly?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Ubixons work great. AVRCP and call handling too.
  7.    #7  
    Is it this?
    http://www.ubixon.net/english/product/product01.asp#

How does it stay on? Ear-gel?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    They\'ve got a couple different ones. Jabra gels fit and are very comfortable and secure for me.
  9.    #9  
    I need "loop behind the ear" or something similar to securely hold these in place while I'm in the gym. Any Ipod-like earpieces fall off too easily.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I just bought Plantronics 590A. Kinoma 4EX does not work right with them and SAG 1.08b. Every 1 or 2 seconds the music pauses and starts again. It behaves as someone is pushing the pause button over and over again. Anyone else experience this?
    I am now using the jabra 8010 which seems to work as I just got them still testing it.. I have the moto HT 820 which works real good any one interested I am putting that one up for sale on e bay offering it at treo central first 80 dollars delivered.Any one interested contact me at fkpalm@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I just bought Plantronics 590A. Kinoma 4EX does not work right with them and SAG 1.08b. Every 1 or 2 seconds the music pauses and starts again. It behaves as someone is pushing the pause button over and over again. Anyone else experience this?
    I am preparing a review of the Plantronics Pulsar 590a and yes I can confirm that Kinoma 4 EX behaves exactly as you describe when SAG 1.08b is running and paired with the headphones. Pause. Unpause. Pause. Unpause. It doesn't matter if it's streaming media, or MP3s on a card. I'm going to talk to Kinoma about it. What they can or will do about it, I can't tell you. Meanwhile, use the little round Bluetooth puck adapter that came with the headphones and that should give you wireless listening with the headphones with ANY media player you can think of

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Here is my personal review of the Motorola HT-820. I have a Sprint Treo 700p and am running the latest SAG Beta which 1.08.899. Listening to music works perfectly with Pocket Tunes 4.0,TCPMP, and the bundled Kinoma. Placing calls also works perfectly. AVRCP works perfect with Pocket Tunes. The only thing that doesn't work is going from music to the call. I have had zero success. The music stops but the headphones don't take over the call. You have to talk on the phone itself. The audio quality is excellent and static free on these headphones and the range is also excellent. I purchased the headphones for $77 shipped and they are worth every penny.
    HT850, SAG 1.08.781 & sprint650

(Pocket Tunes Deluxe 3 & 4) perfect sound & AVRCP… the music to call hand-off is perfect except I get no caller-ID when a call comes in… when I hang-up the music resumes just as it should…

(TCPMP 0.66e) sound & no AVRCP control and now can play xvid/divx files

(The Core Player) doesn’t work

(Kinoma EX 4.1) works the same as previous versions… sound works, but no AVRCP control... no music pausing here... must be a 700p issue.. right?
    Got Jabra 8010s, but they're rather uncomfortable and I'm getting Ubixons instead (thanks for the recommendation!). A whole lot cheaper too.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I got the Lubix LC1s in black with my 700P sprint and it is awesome. All the 1.08 versions and the new 1.09 are still buggy though, like ending a phone call and resuming auto music. The phone number displays on the little earpieces display which is cool, but rather have the name of the caller, but oh well.

They sound fine, and got some sound settings you could use. Im current using the latest 1.09 version and it doesnt disconnect unless I want it to.
    AVRCP works with TCPMP as well as PocketTunes. I use a Lubix NC1 until the S9 is released.