1.    #1  
    Well my luck is running out as far as my new 680's stability. I am having serious issues with my bluetooth headset (HBH-662). I haven't focused on replicating the exact issue, but basically my 680 is crashing and restarting when I use BT. Specifically, if happened once when I hit the "cancel BT" button (little headset icon) and tried to use the phone without BT. Then another time it happened mid-call inexplicably...

I'm about to blow away BT and repair but wondered if anyone else is having any other issues with BT and resets on their 680? I have turned off BT on the phone altogether and the phone is now stable.
    My bluetooth problem is sending files from my iBook to my Treo. Try loading a file manager like Filez and delete Bluetooth Device Cache and do a reset. that might fix it.
    I'm having problems sending files to my 680 from either of my 2 Macs (PowerBook Al & PowerMac Quad G5). No problems sending files to my TT3, RAZR, v551, T616, etc.

I also get resets during bluetooth connections (pairing, answering phone calls with a headset).

I've posted more details here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...39#post1150939

I've performed a hard reset then immediately paired the 680 with my PowerBook... same dropped connection problem.

Seriously bummed...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    my BT problem is that when I want to disconnect the BT earpiece by touching the BT icon on the phone and the BT is not disconnected.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    As i posted in an earlier thread min just plain crashes when i try to enable the BlueTooth
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    Great..... So there are more people having MAC and bluetooth issues. Bluetooth headsets have worked fine for me. But the file transfers are not working.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Great..... So there are more people having MAC and bluetooth issues. Bluetooth headsets have worked fine for me. But the file transfers are not working.
    i haven't had any bluetooth issues with my macbook and treo. well, once i had an issue with trying to sync via missing sync via bluetooth, but doing a soft reset of the treo fixed it. i've had no problems transferring files, and no more issues sync'ing via bluetooth since that one bout of trouble with missing sync...
    Weird. another mac user just posted he too was having issues........
  9.    #9  
    Well I deleted the BT cache and it hasn't restarted since. BUT it is still very flakey - I set the phone down on my desk with the ear piece laying right next to it and when I received a call noticed that somehow my HBH662 lost sync with the phone. The another time I took a call and 10 seconds into the call the phone and HBH662 just dropped but my phone call stayed connected (just had to quickly pick up the phone and resume the call).

All in all this is turning out to be a concern for me. I am thinking of calling Cingular to swap the phone out for this one but I've already paid to have this one unlocked.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Weird. another mac user just posted he too was having issues........
    Does the MAC use BT 1.1 or 1.2? I think the HBH662 is BT1.2....
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    moderateinny - i have the exact same bluetooth headset (se hbh-662) but have not experienced any resets while using it. i am having problems with my treo sending calls to bluetooth (my headset or car) when it should be disconnected - there's another thread about this issue here.

i do have an unlocked treo - not sure if the firmware makes any difference compared to your cingular version...