1.    #1  
    I want to get AIM on my Treo 700P with always on but I'm not sure what to get. It seems like Verichat still doesn't work with 700P and I'm not sure what the other options are.

Curious to see what you guys are using.
    I don't really use IM's anymore, but when I need it, I use AIM IM. Its free from AOL UK, but works well on my Sprint 700p:
    http://info.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Toccer and it's free
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I dig Toccer too. you should try it.
    I dug Toccer on my 650, but for some reason it crashes my Sprint 700p everytime I receive an IM. Tried this and that, and have finally settled on Chatopus - I can connect to AIM via Jabber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastannin View Post
    I dug Toccer on my 650, but for some reason it crashes my Sprint 700p everytime I receive an IM. Tried this and that, and have finally settled on Chatopus - I can connect to AIM via Jabber.
    hey could you tell me how to set this up with aim?
    Do not trust the AOL AIM software -- it's only recommended for up to Palm V, and was never tested by AOL on any Treos.

It totally trashed my Treo -- three times -- by corrupting system databases, which put it into a reset loop. I had to wipe it and reinstall each time. But I could never figure out what was causing the problem, until this last time.

It's possible there's a conflict between it and some other program I run (TomTom Navigator?) but there are many better free AIM programs out there.