Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    for wider distribution
    http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

I hope it works better than 1.04. My headset shorted out and I'm waiting to decide which one to buy that works best with the latest SAG.

Let us know which one handles pTunes and calls on Treo 650 ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    for wider distribution

I hope it works better than 1.04. My headset shorted out and I'm waiting to decide which one to buy that works best with the latest SAG.

I can tell you that it doesn't work with the Treo 680, though they advertise support for it on their web site. I only did limited testing on the 650, but it seemed to work OK. I'll do more testing with call handling. It is reported to work with the Treo 700p.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    for wider distribution

Works great with my 700P and Jensen WBT212 bluetooth headphones. Fixes the awful skip problem with the 700P and this headset.

YES!
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    Works great with my 700P and Jensen WBT212 bluetooth headphones. Fixes the awful skip problem with the 700P and this headset.

YES!
    Can you comment on how the WBT212, SAG and Treo 700p work together to switch between listening to music and taking an incoming call? I've got an HT820 and it's flaky (freezes, soft resets)
    I cant seem to find the actual link to the latest Beta build. Can someone please post a link to it?

Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I cant seem to find the actual link to the latest Beta build. Can someone please post a link to it?

Thanks!

You wouldn't happen to have an Alpine Head unit with BT module for your car that you can try the SAG on do you?
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    The new beta has worked well on my 700p with every BT headset that I\'ve tried. That\'s two Ubixons and the BT8010.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    For those intersted, SAG 1.08 beta works PERFECTLY with my Treo 650 and my HBH-DS970. No issues, no problems, no resets, just perfection. Now hopefully this will hold true with a 700p.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    The new beta has worked well on my 700p with every BT headset that I\'ve tried. That\'s two Ubixons and the BT8010.
    How is the audio quality of BT8010? Does it produce reasonable bass?

Is the call handling perfect with BT8010 (and pTunes, I assume..)?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Bass is weak since the BT8010 does not go inside the ear. If eargels can be found to fit the BT8010, that will really help the bass and the comfort. Pairing with the 700p is very poor. It stays paired until it causes the 700p to turn the BT off completely.

The concept is great since it does mono A2DP as well as stereo. The BT range is very good and the call handling works well. If eargels can be found and Palm releases a BT patch, this could be a GREAT headset.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    So I'm on the fence about upgrading to a 700p. I don't wanna change my current plan by getting a 700p and finding out it won't work well with SAG, and then have to deal with Sprint in changing back to my current plan. Anyone having no problems with their Sprint 700p and SAG ? No skipping, freezes, resets, erratic call handling, etc. ? I want EVDO but bluetooth stereo is more important, so if anyone can comment, that would be great. Thank you.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    I dont have any issues at all. It only skips when I change apps or save inside an app.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I will have my 8010 delivered this afternoon cant wait to try them tired of using jx10 for calls in car and using my moto 820 at home with sag

Fred
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Well, I went ahead and made the change, upgrading to a 700p. Since SAG 1.08 works perfectly with my Treo 650 and my BT stereo headset , I figured the SAG group is hard at work making the 700p work too. So after 24 hours of testing, I find performance on the acceptable level.

Periodically I have to push the call handling button on my headset to connect. The sound quality when on the phone is good. When connected to A2DP, music sounds great with my headset. No skipping when listening to mp3's or shoutcast streams either. So far no unexpected disconnects and no resets when in A2DP mode. Incoming calls display caller's phone number on the headset controller and the Treo's display when not connected in A2DP mode but inconsistent display performance while in A2DP. The music pauses but sometimes the headset doesn't sound the audible ring through the ear buds but I can answer the call and more than half the time the headset connects. The Treo did have 1 freeze but ##377# said reset was caused bu BT manager, or something like that.

But, I'm still evaluating and will uninstall and reinstall, perform more tests, record the results, etc. So far though, things are acceptable. Now when Palm gives us our update and SAG updates their software, things should become perfect, just like the combination used with my Treo 650.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Ehosey2,
    What make and model of headset do you have? Also, what bit rate are you running SAG at?
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone View Post
    Ehosey2,
    What make and model of headset do you have? Also, what bit rate are you running SAG at?
    I'm using a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 headset. http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...e=pp&pid=10394

SAG 1.08 beta is set at high quality 304 Kbps with audio processing ( mixer, resampler, and filter ) all unchecked.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    I'm using a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 headset. http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...e=pp&pid=10394

SAG 1.08 beta is set at high quality 304 Kbps with audio processing ( mixer, resampler, and filter ) all unchecked.
    Do you find any degradation in the sound quality when you go down to 180 kbps in the SAG application?

I'm also looking into the HBH-DS970. I currently have the SAG paired to my Alpine head unit in my car, and find that lower Kbps is more stable in the Treo700p then the two higher bit rates.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone View Post
    Do you find any degradation in the sound quality when you go down to 180 kbps in the SAG application?

I'm also looking into the HBH-DS970. I currently have the SAG paired to my Alpine head unit in my car, and find that lower Kbps is more stable in the Treo700p then the two higher bit rates.

Sprint Treo 700p, SAG 1.08 beta and SE HBH-DS970 combination :

Audio Preprocessing ( Testing this setup with good results. )

- Disable Mixer checked for now.
    - Disable Resampler unchecked.
    - Disable Filter unchecked.

Output Bitrate ( Quality )

- 304 Kbps ( High ) Excellent sound and is my selection.
    - 230 Kbps ( Medium ) Okay sound.
    - 180 Kbps ( Low ) Sounds like music has echo background with slight hiss.

I use Pocket Tunes Deluxe 3.1.8 to stream shoutcast and my mp3's. I use Chatter and not Versamail. I do get a slight lag of about a second when streaming music and switching between applications but this is tolerable for now. The only time I cause the Treo to freeze while testing is by intentionally go to the phone screen to place a call while the music is playing. The music stops when I dial a number and instead of connecting to the call, the Treo freezes. I then have to do a soft reset. With SAG 1.08 beta and my 650, streaming music and placing outgoing call during the streaming operation worked 100 percent of the time, with no issues.

I occasionally have to reconnect my headset to my 700p when establishing a connection to a phone call but all in all performance is acceptable, just not perfect like my Treo 650. And as stated previously, there are a few Caller ID issues on the headset display with A2DP mode enabled. The number won't display on the controller but it does on the Treo. With A2DP disabled, the caller ID is displayed on the headset and the Treo and connects most of the time the first time. But giving it a little time, things should work perfectly after some ROM updates and another SAG update.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    For those intersted, SAG 1.08 beta works PERFECTLY with my Treo 650 and my HBH-DS970. No issues, no problems, no resets, just perfection. Now hopefully this will hold true with a 700p.
    Wow, thanks. I had given up but now have use of my HBH-DS970 again.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne View Post
    Wow, thanks. I had given up but now have use of my HBH-DS970 again.

I'm still testing some things with my Sprint 700p and I can say it's performance is on the fairly acceptable side. I've had to do a couple soft resets in order to get the headset to reconnect again but not so much yet that it has been an annoyance. A2DP streaming of Shoutcast internet radio and my mp3's works really good. AVRC works perfectly and call handling performance works good, minus the no-display issue on the controller when in A2DP mode. I know the group at Softick Audio Gateway will get things working perfectly soon, as it does now with my Treo 650. Ree Nigne, let us know how your experience goes.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast