Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm having problems with a Plantronics 590A with SAG1.08b with Kinoma 4EX & Coreplayer. With Kinoma 4EX the music cycles through pause and play over and over again automatically every second or so. It doesn't work at all with CorePlayer. It does seem to work fine with Ptunes, however. Anyone else experience this?

I also reinstalled TCMP to see if it would work with SAG and it DOES. I'm beginning to regret buying Coreplayer. The free TCMP seems better to me.
    Last edited by sndtubes; 01/17/2007 at 12:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    I'm still testing some things with my Sprint 700p and I can say it's performance is on the fairly acceptable side. I've had to do a couple soft resets in order to get the headset to reconnect again but not so much yet that it has been an annoyance. A2DP streaming of Shoutcast internet radio and my mp3's works really good. AVRC works perfectly and call handling performance works good, minus the no-display issue on the controller when in A2DP mode. I know the group at Softick Audio Gateway will get things working perfectly soon, as it does now with my Treo 650. Ree Nigne, let us know how your experience goes.
    Thanks so much for your feedback ehosey I am seriously thinking about purchasing this sony headset to listen to ptunes and kinoma streams, one quick question, I often listen to mono streams (talk shows) and was wondering if sound is output in both speakers for mono streams or just one speaker? Thanks again
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Thanks so much for your feedback ehosey I am seriously thinking about purchasing this sony headset to listen to ptunes and kinoma streams, one quick question, I often listen to mono streams (talk shows) and was wondering if sound is output in both speakers for mono streams or just one speaker? Thanks again
    Hmm....as far as mono streams, I have never listened to them. I would assume it would be mono sound output through both earbuds, like when the headset is being used for phone calls. It's not like when connected for a phone call that the headset would only have sound from one earbud, so this is my assumption.

I use pTunes 3.1.8 to stream shoutcast radio, usually the DI.fm stations....I'm a club music junkie. I also stream my mp3's using pTunes. TCPMP works with my mp3's also. I don't use Kinoma so no comments on that.

This was the biggest reason I held out so long to purchase a 700p. I've owned it now for almost about 3 weeks. I wanted A2DP/AVRC capability with a 700p and until 1.08 beta was released, I was content with my 650. Let us know how your setup works after you get the headset.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    By the way, at last check on the Sony Ericsson site, in the other brands of compatibility, they have listed the Palm Treo 650. I think they listed this only because through ongoing emails between myself and SE, I provided them with extensive feedback regarding the HBH-DS970 performance with the 650, as well as different aspects of the headset in general like construction, button placement, volume levels, and overall real world every day use. SE has responded and have implied that an updated version is being considered with the suggestions that we have previously discussed. As soon as I know more, I'll comment on that. Now we just need SAG 2.0 to be released soon.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Mono sources should be in both speakers since voice calls are in both speakers. Just plug headphones into the jack and see if both sides play your mono streams. The same will be true for SAG.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    By the way, at last check on the Sony Ericsson site, in the other brands of compatibility, they have listed the Palm Treo 650. I think they listed this only because through ongoing emails between myself and SE, I provided them with extensive feedback regarding the HBH-DS970 performance with the 650, as well as different aspects of the headset in general like construction, button placement, volume levels, and overall real world every day use. SE has responded and have implied that an updated version is being considered with the suggestions that we have previously discussed. As soon as I know more, I'll comment on that. Now we just need SAG 2.0 to be released soon.
    If they have implied that an updated version of this headset might be released, I have a feeling I might wait a little while. I hope you are right..

Thanks
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    If they have implied that an updated version of this headset might be released, I have a feeling I might wait a little while. I hope you are right..

Thanks
    It probably will still be a good while to go before the new version of the headset comes out. I first heard of the pending release of the HBH-DS970 back in Feb. 2006 and didn't get my hands on one until June 2006, a month before they started selling them in the U.S.A.

They are relatively inexpensive now at about $80.00 to $90.00 if you look around. They have good sound quality and work pretty well with the 700p and SAG 1.08.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    I just picked up a pair of Jensen WBT212 (now down to $30 on Amazon)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

I have a Sprint 650 and use pTunes. Which version do you folks recommend that I start with? 1.03, 1.08, or something else?
    I UNinstalled it but there is a file called AudioGatewayData that I cannot remove. Any help?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I just read that Kinoma Player EX is not compatible with SAG can anybody confirm this? Kinoma is about to de-throne Ptunes
    Yes, that's correct - it just loops the audio over and over. It looks like the Softick guys are looking into it, but they don't seem sure of what the problem is.
    If only it worked with Kinoma. I downloaded the trial and was loving it, until I discovered that its not compatible with Kinoma, which has become my primary Treo media player.
    I have a treo 700p & hbh-ds90 & have problems. it connects to phone fine but when I try to listen to p-tunes music or streaming, all I hear is a buzzing sound. then i go back & see "error code 5 - while playing in background". i did soft reset a bunch with no luck...
    nevermind I got it working. I think I had some old files left over from a previous version of sag...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12