1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a good golf scorecard program to run on my 680 and wondered if anyone could make some suggestions. I tried Intelligolf on my 650 a while back, but really didn't like it - most of the courses I play have GPS on the carts, and I didn't really like the look of it overall. I really just want a really nice scorecard based program that looks pleasing and doesn't cost much. Thanks for the help!
    tccentex, Interesting..I just picked up Intelligolf and love it!
    Anyways, they make a Palm version for just the score part. I found a copy on EBay for about $4....
    What didn't you like about Intelligolf? I looked into Skygolf and bunch of other options and Intelligolf offered the most options by far. (also on a 650)...
    Cheers
    JB
  3.    #3  
    I just didn't like the generic graphics - it felt like an old application. And like I mentioned, a lot of the courses I play have GPS in the cart so I really don't need that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctos View Post
    tccentex, Interesting..I just picked up Intelligolf and love it!
    Anyways, they make a Palm version for just the score part. I found a copy on EBay for about $4....
    What didn't you like about Intelligolf? I looked into Skygolf and bunch of other options and Intelligolf offered the most options by far. (also on a 650)...
    Cheers
    JB
    Ditto. I have been using intelligolf since January of 99 and love it. Nothing better IMO.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Did you ever try GolfTracPro. I use it and it's fairly simple.
    tccentex, I do agree it has a bit of a '386' feel to it...
    I emailed them (they were pretty quick responders) - asking for more color in the statistics bars..They liked the idea and added it to a list of future improvements (though they added I was the first to ask for it)...I also wanted to be able to chart the green shape. It would also be nice, at courses that hand out daily pin placements, to easily drop in a +3 or a -2 feature, instead of having to adjust the total yardage per hole....
    I first started by 'knowing' I would pick up a SkyGolf 4.. thinking it was the only game in town. Well, turns out they just do the most marketing. There was one other 'all-in-one' unit for less money AND you didn't have to pay every year just to continue access to course data. More of a Linux community.
    That got me looking deeper, and found Intelligolf. Lots of data capabilities, GPS, I can map my own courses, or add info to previously mapped courses. Same Linux like community sharing courses, all over the world. Sweet....
    Maybe I'm too serious about my religion, er, game... but this software makes it very clear where your game is, history, what you need to work on....
    At the moment I'm also testing it on an iQUE 3600, and will report back
    Anyway........looks nice out today.....
    Cheers
    JB
    GolfTracPro looks like the low end version of Intelligolf. It's primarily a score tracker without the database building.... I picked up a copy on EBay for my Visor for $4 the other day. I think they call it the 'Birdie edition'...
    The other huge disadvantage (for me) - no GPS capabilities..... I find it very useful to know how far to carry a bunker (or reach it), or some other hazard....gives you more info to make club choices.
    Another great thing about the gps is finally knowing how far I 'actually' hit a club on average on a course (not at the range, no ego involved) - it's all in the data.......
    Cheers
    JB
  8.    #8  
    I've done a little research, and I think I'm going to try out "LINKS SCORECARD" - the graphics appear pretty modern, no unwanted GPS - I'll be sure to post my experiences -- playing La Cantera Resort course tomorrow - where the Texas Open is played (GPS in the cart!).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tccentex View Post
    I've done a little research, and I think I'm going to try out "LINKS SCORECARD" - the graphics appear pretty modern, no unwanted GPS - I'll be sure to post my experiences -- playing La Cantera Resort course tomorrow - where the Texas Open is played (GPS in the cart!).
    Sweet. I have played it several times. Matter a fact I am about 5 minutes away from it now. Watch out for that deceptive second hole. Its easy to out drive the fairway.
  10.    #10  
    If you're that close, you ought to stop by for a round - both courses are "2 play for the price of 1" through January 15 - if you're by yourself, they'll only charge you half the normal fee.