1.    #1  
    I am having problems syncing my contacts for one thing but hte main problem is that every time I try to save a contact to my sim card it duplicates itself and now it's a problem for me.....I have a treo 680..someone pls help
    How are you saving to the SIM and why?

You are using a smartphone. Your supposed to keep the numbers in the phone and copy to the sim if you want.

YOu could turn off the display of the sim numbers in your contacts screen. goto >contacts>preferences>view sim phonebook This will stop the display of both sets of numbers. Of course first you might want to copy the sim numbers into your contacts which is another option on the menu.

Depending on how your doing the copy, that might explain how and why it's duplicating.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    If simple things like this are causing you grief, enjoy your BlackJack!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    If simple things like this are causing you grief, enjoy your BlackJack!

Quote Originally Posted by ameerjones View Post
    I am having problems syncing my contacts for one thing but hte main problem is that every time I try to save a contact to my sim card it duplicates itself and now it's a problem for me.....I have a treo 680..someone pls help
    For a smartphone to work, you are not suppose to put the contacts on the sim. Rather on the device so that they can be synced and backed up on the PC. The Blackcrap will be the same way..... So if you don't figure this simple task out on a Treo. You will be screwed on a WM device.
    Keep in mind, the BlackJack has battery issues (that apparently aren't improved as you condition the battery as with the 680) and it doesn't come with a full version of Windows Mobile.

I could have adjusted to the battery issue but I need Mobile Office or the equivalent. The BlackJack has Pasqual that lets you view documents but you can't edit them.

One more thing, and I could have gotten used to it, but the screen isn't big enough. It doesn't display 100% of the view. You have to scroll down to get to the bottom of the menus.

I think the Palm is more versatile than the BlackJack but if you have limited needs, it may fit the bill.

Good luck with it.
    There is a setting in the contacts app to hide the SIM contacts, which is what I did. That will get rid of the dupes, without deleting the contact from the SIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    For a smartphone to work, you are not suppose to put the contacts on the sim. Rather on the device so that they can be synced and backed up on the PC. The Blackcrap will be the same way.....
    wow..."blackcrap"......is it really that bad? if it functions like the Moto-Q (wm5 smartphone) it can't be all that bad. have you owned and tried the device?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I dunno, if it is anything like the dash...

I had one for 2 weeks. Each time I used it I came across some kind of limiting barrier. Either it did not allow me to display the data I wanted it to, or it did not allow me to customize my interface...things I never really had to face in Palm OS. Blazer is a much better browser than the IE in Smartphone. Fewer clicks to get to basic information (like where am I supposed to be in an hour?) The Treo seemed much more flexible to me. I returned the dash for the 680 and aside from the device size difference, the 680 meets my needs much better.

The Dash was OK on paper, but left much to be desired "in the field." even the Wifi sucked. Power. And the browser's limitations mean that wifi doesn't really get you a whole lot. No Skype. No tomtom on smartphone...

If Palm (or Seidio) can improve the battery life to equal that of the 650, they will have created the perfect phone in the 680. I love the little touches like the fact that the finish is molded into the plastic and not painted. that will make it wear better than the 650 did.

Sure I'd rather have multi tasking but it is a really very very minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. I am much more productive with the 680 than with Windows Smartphone. Now, they may improve it, but for now, yeah I'd say the blackjack is el sucko unless your way of working directly matches with Smartphone.
    I chose the BJ over the Treo 680 about 3 weeks ago. IT was upgrade from a treo 600. I was on Cingular.
    My cons list of the BJ and why I chose to return it and get the TREO 680:
    Battery Life: MY BJ died around 12 noon (I start working around 7). My treo barely makes it through the day
    Contacts: I have about 2,500 contacts (not sure if thats a lot for most people or a little) but it is hard to find contacts easily and quickly (especially while driving)
    Web browser: Cant copy past stuff from webpages, lots of pages dont come up that the treo can show (Dont know why)
    No touch screen. Helpful when you need it
    Email was easier

Maybe I am Treo biased from using the treo 600 for 2+ years

Pros:
    Size: a lot slimmer and cooler looking (I like black)
    Welcome page was nice and more programable (but I think Zlauncher or other apps can duplicate that in treo)
    Camera was better

All and all, I wanted to keep the blackjack but the treo is a much better BUSINESS tool.
    If you have never owned a treo then a BJ might suffice.

Go in a store and play.

IMHO, if any cares.

~Brian