Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am a first time Treo owner. I was waiting for the right "buy in" time for a smartphone/pda device. I work in IT so I am a little techie too. I didn't want to deal with a Microshaft Windows Mobile device or be locked into a 2 year service contract, so I opted for an unlocked 680. I make phone calls, surf the web, send a text message here and there, and do some calendering. I am Palm's target demographic for this device. IMOO, extreme power users should wait for another device.

What I like:
    Size, PalmOs, tons of available APPs (most free, paid $9 for updated EZRocker and it rocks!!), and the posts on this site by Treo addicts who have solutions to MOST of the problems.

What I don't like:
    The constant whinning on this site by seemingly adult human beings about every little thing (my phone hasn't arrived yet, all of my 650s software doesn't work on this new device, I can't talk on the phone all day and watch SpongeBob videos because of the battery...blah blah blah). I find it comical and sad at the same time.

In a new mass produced product, there will be defects off the assembly line and kinks to work out via software or firmware. My point is this, let's help Palm make a good device better because the 680 does everything that Palm said it would.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foulou View Post

What I don't like:
    The constant whinning on this site by seemingly adult human beings about every little thing (my phone hasn't arrived yet, all of my 650s software doesn't work on this new device, I can't talk on the phone all day and watch SpongeBob videos because of the battery...blah blah blah). I find it comical and sad at the same time.

In a new mass produced product, there will be defects off the assembly line and kinks to work out via software or firmware. My point is this, let's help Palm make a good device better because the 680 does everything that Palm said it would.
    Well you being a new treo owner i think think you should not sit here and judge us long time owners. Do not take offense to what i am saying its just that to people who have owned other treos a one day battery does no good. I love my 680 (copper), i liked the 750 but since i had a 650, i can say that there are things that i could have done on my 650 that i cant do on my 680, like have a conversaton for more than 15minutes in the middle of the day without fearing than the battery is going to die. You are right, palm made a good device better and the 680 does everything they said it could do, the problem is before you can find out all it can do................it dies on you.
    I am a first time Treo owner. I was waiting for the right "buy in" time for a smartphone/pda device. I work in IT so I am a little techie too. I didn't want to deal with a Microshaft Windows Mobile device or be locked into a 2 year service contract, so I opted for an unlocked 680. I make phone calls, surf the web, send a text message here and there, and do some calendering. I am Palm's target demographic for this device. IMOO, extreme power users should wait for another device.

What I like:
    Size, PalmOs, tons of available APPs (most free, paid $9 for updated EZRocker and it rocks!!), and the posts on this site by Treo addicts who have solutions to MOST of the problems.

What I don't like:

Outstanding first post!! Welcome to the forum!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    What I don't like:
    The constant whinning on this site by seemingly adult human beings about every little thing
    What I don't like:
    The constant whinning on this site by seemingly adult human beings about every little thing (my phone hasn't arrived yet, I can't talk on the phone all day and watch SpongeBob videos because of the battery...blah blah blah). I find it comical and sad at the same time.
    you forgot to include the "order received" threads

Or people *****ing about other threads.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I am a first time Treo owner.
    Welcome! I'm a 5th generation Treo owner, and I have to agree with you - by far the best Treo I've owned thus far (all Palm OS devices since the 90).

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Or people *****ing about other threads.
    absolutely
    The disapointments will come later ^^.
    well, i think we've seen both.

good device nonetheless!

happy holidays
    Yea, same for my 2006 Nissan Altima ... the one that the engine catches fire. Let's help 'em make it a better vehicle -- it does everything Nissan says it would .... The going up in flames part is just a problem with the early production models ...... <tongue SORTA in cheek >
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    wow, I feel blessed. Great thread!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Having had most of the GSM Treos, I have to agree, that battery life aside, the 680 is really great, much better than my 650 (which crashed three to four times a day) I wish the battery lasted longer, but since the connector is a standard now, it seems like I can always find a little extra power when I need it.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680