View Poll Results: Did you find this Tracking thread helpful from a consumer standpoint?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

141 88.68%
  • No

18 11.32%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    THis is ****ing bull****. I love Treos and I'll buy their next one, but I swear to God, not before they iron out the bugs in it after releasing at least 1 firmware update for it. Sorry Palm, you don't have me as 755-Guinea Pig. I remember I went ape **** trying to get my hands on my 700p last May when it came out. I paid $650 just to have it instead of waiting and trying to get a good deal. Man I'm ****ing pissed!!!! **** this **** man I'm tired of this mother ****ing buill**** from palm!!!!!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ouch. tell us how you really feel.
    I got it... Palm Says:
    Look for an update on the Palm blog next week.
    And wikipedia says
    A week is a unit of time longer than a day and shorter than a month. In most modern calendars, including the Gregorian calendar, the week is a period of seven days.
    What appears to have happened here is that the ROM on our Treo's is so outdated that were on some ancient calnder where a week != 7 days...
    FULL DISCLOSURE: I am going to get my hair cut. I will be gone for an hour. So I may not get the TC Frontpage Article up the minute the blog post arrives. In any case, something will be up on the TC frontpage just after 5PST in either case.

Repeat: I am getting my hair cut.

That is all.

Ya sure...
  6.    #166  
    "Eastern Seaboard's Noreaster Blows 700p Announcement Out to Sea Despite Palm Being on the West Coast."
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    "Steven Sinclair unavailable for comment today. He was incapacitated by a large beef and bean burritto."
    I have an internet beer that says the bog comes up in the next 3 mins...
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I have an internet beer that says the bog comes up in the next 3 mins...
    Dam I figured it was near the end of the day and they wanted to go home... I guess not..
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Son of a... the only thing Palm has to do is post an entry to their new blog saying "The ROM update is slated for XX/XX/XXXX"... that's it! And what happens? THEY FREAKIN' FAIL TO DO THAT!

This is not cool man, not cool at all. To top it all off I received word from my IT department that Palm OS devices in the company won't be supported anymore beginning '08. I have less and less reasons to be loyal to Treo Palm OS devices...

Patience is wearing thin
    Last edited by waldo15; 04/17/2007 at 06:10 PM.
    Hello to all, I am a new member of this forum since I got my Treo 700p last May - however I've been a long time Palm user and had read this forums for years watching the evolving issues surrounding the T600 and T650.

Personally I am not a "power" user but I do use my Treo for a lot of thing (I work in the medical field). I fortunately have not experienced much of the troubles most of you have do to my "lighter" use of this device. Overall the Treo is an amazing piece of technology capable of providing a wide range of functions that make our lives easier. As all technically complex devices, it has several shortcomings, some I feel do to design compromises others do to poor system implementations.

At this point I am happy with the way the Treo works for me (except the utter failure of the Bluetooth stack), but as of NOW I never be a Palm customer anymore. Is not the shortcomings of the device that infuriate me, is the otter lack of respect or consideration this company has lashed against it's most loyal customers with the 700p Patch game.

I believe we as a user community are entitled to a device that fulfills all the functional expectations advertised by Palm itself. Regardless of whether a few or many of the current users may feel the device works fine, the existing problems were officially aknowledged by a company representative in an open letter to the community. The way the have chosen to treat us since that anouncement is malignant, deplorable, unexcusable, unbearable, irresponsible and indicative of the rotten corparate culture of today's Palm.

I feel used and abused by a company that has made a number of material promisses to it's customers with the intention of fuflfilling none; a company that has exhibited a pattern of fraudulent practices and alienation of it's user base since last May (at least for me).

I see some of you expressing righteous anger over the way we ARE being treated by Palm today, to all of you I say ENOUGH, I shall NEVER give this company my money or my time in the future. No more waiting, broken promisses or lack of timely support...staying with a company like this in the future is simply INSANE.

Most of my colleagues have since abandon the land of Palm adopting different platforms with more tangible company support. I love the Palm OS, have used and enjoyed it for years, however, is time to realize that the Palm company of old is DEAD, the new Palm takes no pride neither in producing nor standing behind cutting-edge computing devices anymore.

Its time for us to move on and accept we are no more than dollar signs in a Palm ledger, our rabid loyalty over the years to the OS platform and the company behind it counts for nothing any more. Sad, very sad.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 04/17/2007 at 06:48 PM.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I'm going to wait another half hour. Because sometimes people work late. I know I'm working late. Also, need to rework the story a little bit.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    I'm going to wait another half hour. Because sometimes people work late. I know I'm working late. Also, need to rework the story a little bit.
    Ever so optimistic Septimus. I commend you.

I have lost all hope. I'm turning to the dark side now. Browsing for good offers on WM devices that support WM6. It is hard to not consider the 750 in that case...
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Anyway we can forward this story to Cnet and get more attention.. I know one of the editors did a pice of what a cell phone tells about you.. And he has a treo700p and went off about the treo 700p shows that he liked to hold onto outdated and dying OS.

The name of the guy at cnet with the 700p is Brian Cooley..
    Check out palm blog its up no joke
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Ever so optimistic Septimus. I commend you.

I have lost all hope. I'm turning to the dark side now. Browsing for good offers on WM devices that support WM6. It is hard to not consider the 750 in that case...
    Don't commend me too much, I decided the gentlemanly thing to do was call for comment before I ripped 'em a new one.

Yep, the post is up now.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    May The Freakin' 28th?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    MAN **** THAT **** MAY 28TH ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ONE FULL YEAR AFTER THE RELEASE OF THE ****ING PHONE??????? ARE YOU ****ING ****TING ME?????????

You know what, that's fine by me. If the patch fixes everything and makes the phone work, that's great. You know why? Because there's no ****ing chance in hell that I'll be going out and buying a 755 or whatever when it first comes out to deal with this bull**** again. This is absurd. Once they release the fix to make the 700p work, there will be little to no reason to justify upgrading and giving them more of my money. That's it and I'm done with supporting palm and their bull****.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Posted as a comment - we'll see if it makes it through...

Quote Originally Posted by ME - on the palm.com blog
    THE WEEK OF MAY THE 28TH? ONE FULL YEAR after the device was released? Geez palm - it didn't take you that long to get the 650 update released - and somehow Moto manages to release maintenance releases for the Q without this amazing time delay. Seriously - y'all OWE 700p users A WHOLE LOT, as we've been AMAZINGLY patient and haven't showed up in large numbers at your corp office with the traditional choices of torches and pitchforks! I'm thinking a SERIOUS rebate (and/or REASONABLE device trade-in program - not the restricted "you must buy the new device solely from us and maybe you'll get a rebate from a sketchy third-party company" trade-in game played with the 650 -> 700p). Seriously Palm - you owe us BIG TIME for this. We spent a HECK of a lot of money on these phones - and for MANY MANY MANY of us - THEY JUST DO NOT WORK AS PROMISED.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    Once they release the fix to make the 700p work, there will be little to no reason to justify upgrading and giving them more of my money.
    Until your phone breaks and they can't get any more 700p's...
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast