View Poll Results: Did you find this Tracking thread helpful from a consumer standpoint?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    141 88.68%
  • No

    18 11.32%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 349
  1. #101  
    Did anyone see in the Palm blog, they mentioned we'd likely hear more about the ROM update next week, just thought I'd point that out.
  2. #102  
    Yep... first we've heard about that in awhile... and what do you know, just in time to save face before the release of a new handset?
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Did anyone see in the Palm blog, they mentioned we'd likely hear more about the ROM update next week, just thought I'd point that out.
    Next week, huh? Gee, what happened to steve's "later this week"?
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Next week, huh? Gee, what happened to steve's "later this week"?
    Delays happen. If I was you, I'd be much more bitter over their handling of your pre-release phone than I am about the update.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Delays happen. If I was you, I'd be much more bitter over their handling of your pre-release phone than I am about the update.
    Oh believe me, I am.
  6. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Did anyone see in the Palm blog, they mentioned we'd likely hear more about the ROM update next week, just thought I'd point that out.
    I just read it. So incredibly lame.
  7.    #107  
    Just updated the top of the thread. Steve emailed this afternoon to give me a heads up about that announcement of next week on Palm's Blog. I didn't know about it until I checked my email an hour or so ago. So we will be getting the information on Tuesday.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  8. waldo15's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #108  
    Don't get me wrong, I commend Palm for finally putting a direct front with the customer. But still, the answer to our inquiries is not the ROM... but words fail me... all we get is a wait until Tuesday so we can know how long we have to wait for the ROM update...

    There's something wrong with this picture.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
  9. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #109  
    The reality is this:

    Steve is just the messenger. Don't shoot the messenger. If Palm decides to phuck us over again on Tuesday, it won't be Steve's fault but at least we will know - with absolute certainty - where we stand with Palm the company. Really, after almost a year, what's a couple more days?

    Be patient. Then, if we get screwed again on Tuesday, then, get angry. We have more right now than we've had since this lemon debuted. It's just too bad that they didn't offer the 700P in a lemony yellow color...



    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  10. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    Then, if we get screwed again on Tuesday,
    What do you mean "if" ? If it was good news, I bet there would not be all this delay and obfuscation.

    I think Tuesday's blog should just be a note from Colligan saying:

    "Thanks for your money! You're screwed. kthxbye!"

    It would at least be honest.
  11. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    What do you mean "if" ? If it was good news, I bet there would not be all this delay and obfuscation.

    I think Tuesday's blog should just be a note from Colligan saying:

    "Thanks for your money! You're screwed. kthxbye!"

    It would at least be honest.
    Have ya ever considered a career in stand-up comedy? You're pretty funny...



    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  12. json's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #112  
    Ed's gonna announce that our 700p is gonna be compatible with the OS coming out at the end of the year and that's why we won't have a rom update.
  13. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #113  
    Not buying it. Love to be wrong, though.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    The reality is this:

    Steve is just the messenger. Don't shoot the messenger. If Palm decides to phuck us over again on Tuesday, it won't be Steve's fault but at least we will know - with absolute certainty - where we stand with Palm the company. Really, after almost a year, what's a couple more days?

    Be patient. Then, if we get screwed again on Tuesday, then, get angry. We have more right now than we've had since this lemon debuted. It's just too bad that they didn't offer the 700P in a lemony yellow color...



    SMEGGIE
    But Smeggie,

    How many times are we gonna draw a line in the sand about this ROM update issue, only to wipe it out, back up a few steps (weeks), and draw another freaking line in the sand?!

    This is getting ridiculous.

    Be patient? If I remember correctly 650 users had several updates in the first year. 700p users? ZERO. And since the 700p is my first Treo to own, it is kind of leaving a bad taste in my mouth for Palm (for whom I have been a loyalist for years) and Treo.

    Since I am too busy with work to draft letters to Palm and such, though, I have no choice but to be patient and wait. But when my upgrade window opens up in a year, the likelihood of getting another Treo is getting smaller and smaller...

    Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my Treo - even with the constant headaches of the database issue, delays and freezes (mine are at times last 10 seconds or longer), and unexplained resets. But the constant "it's coming... oh wait... not yet... next week... oops, didn't make that either... let's try next month... d'oh!... hold on a bit longer... now let's wait til next week... ooh let's read their blog now to see what they are gonna tell us.." stuff is getting pretty old.
  15.    #115  
    Bugs Bunny:"I DARE you to step over that line."

    Yosemite Sam: "Okay ya idget. I right stepped over your line."

    Bugs Bunny (draws another line): "I dare you step over THIS line."

    Yosemite Sam: "Okay ya idget. I stepped over your line again."

    time passes......

    Bugs Bunny (draws another line): "I dare you step over THAT line."

    Yosemite Sam (steps off a cliff): "Okay, I... EEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  16. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #116  
    So, in this analogy, we are Yosemite Sam?

    Personally I prefer:

    "You want to shoot him now or wait until you get home?"

    "Duck Season!"

    "Shoot me now!"
  17. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    But Smeggie,

    How many times are we gonna draw a line in the sand about this ROM update issue, only to wipe it out, back up a few steps (weeks), and draw another freaking line in the sand?!

    This is getting ridiculous.

    Be patient? If I remember correctly 650 users had several updates in the first year. 700p users? ZERO. And since the 700p is my first Treo to own, it is kind of leaving a bad taste in my mouth for Palm (for whom I have been a loyalist for years) and Treo.

    Since I am too busy with work to draft letters to Palm and such, though, I have no choice but to be patient and wait. But when my upgrade window opens up in a year, the likelihood of getting another Treo is getting smaller and smaller...

    Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my Treo - even with the constant headaches of the database issue, delays and freezes (mine are at times last 10 seconds or longer), and unexplained resets. But the constant "it's coming... oh wait... not yet... next week... oops, didn't make that either... let's try next month... d'oh!... hold on a bit longer... now let's wait til next week... ooh let's read their blog now to see what they are gonna tell us.." stuff is getting pretty old.
    The future of Palm and it's loyal followers, like you and I, are on the line and if they don't kick down some kind of update, I'll never look back. However, Steve is not Palm. Ed is Palm. If we were talking directly to Ed, then yes, I would agree. But since we're not, I'm willing to give Steve the benefit of the doubt that he is trying to deliver something. I have had issues with my 700P, but unlike a lot of you, I have never had to return my 700P for a new one nor have I experienced some of the 10 second delays I've heard about. So my urgency differs greatly from those of you who have Schleprock-like luck with your Treos.



    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  18. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #118  
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    Liar! It says 301!
  20. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Liar! It says 301!
    Hence, the image...



    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.

Posting Permissions