View Poll Results: Did you find this Tracking thread helpful from a consumer standpoint?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

141 88.68%
  • No

18 11.32%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Personally, I think someone (Bob?) should change the title of this thread
    to the Palm Support NON-Response Tracker.
    Bob do you have anything in mind as a course of action if the update isnt released today?
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 04/11/2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typo!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Heh......keep dreamin'. If Palm could catch a bug, the 700p wouldn't be the way it is right now. As it stands, you have a better chance trying to fix the bugs on your 700p with a fly-swatter than palm actually releasing a firmware update this weekend.
    Merlyn,
    I think Plam did catch a bug, however it was not in the update.

Come on Plam, get the fix done. It's time you support the core group of users.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Well 1Q07 is officially over (business day-wise). Bob-C, will you call up Sinclair on monday and congratulate him on successfully preventing a significant portion of his customer base from every recommending/buying another Palm device again? Take a look at all the posts today of people who are so disappointed now that Palm failed to deliver that they can't trust them to do it with any future device. And count in among one of those people.
  5.    #65  
    I sent Sinclair an email yesterday pointing out that 1Q is done & asking him to provide a status. Let's see what he replies with next week. It should be interesting one way or the other.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I sent Sinclair an email yesterday pointing out that 1Q is done & asking him to provide a status. Let's see what he replies with next week. It should be interesting one way or the other.
    Did you include an indication to the many posts here about the general disappointment in Palm as a result of this and the resolution of many current treo users to never spend another dime on a Palm device again?

At this rate, the 755p could be better than the iPhone and I still doubt many users here would buy it only on the chance that there are going to be several outstanding issues that no one can trust to be fixed before the product is EOL'ed. I mean really....now the "rumor" (and I call it that because it was posted by another site, by no official means) is that it could be delayed as late as June. Seriously.....WTF?
    Bob-C do you have any other way to contact him besides e-mail?
    There is no spoon.
  8.    #68  
    What website is reporting delayed to June? Can you post a link?

In answer to the other question I prefer email in contacting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    What website is reporting delayed to June? Can you post a link?

In answer to the other question I prefer email in contacting him.
    It was another forum, I think the sprint sponsored one, that someone mentioned they read it could even be June before we see a software update. That's why I said it was totally unofficial. Still....I wouldn't be surprised at this point if it was July, but hopefully by then I'll have an iPhone and I won't be looking back.

My experience with Apple has been nothing but stellar, and I love the fact that they actually have knowledgeable people in the store there to help you (at the concierge and genius bar). I love knowing that if I need tech support, it's as easy at taking my Macbook Pro (and later iPhone) into them and getting an honest/knowledgeable answer.

That's what Palm truly missed the mark on, and why I will not be looking back after I move on from the 700p.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Could be miss-information there, but the only "dates" ever mentioned by Palm have been Q1 and April.

However, the 750 may receive an update as early as June, that has been said in a couple of websites. I type this in my Treo, once I'm back home I'll post links to that.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    My experience with Apple has been nothing but stellar, and I love the fact that they actually have knowledgeable people in the store there to help you (at the concierge and genius bar). I love knowing that if I need tech support, it's as easy at taking my Macbook Pro (and later iPhone) into them and getting an honest/knowledgeable answer.

That's what Palm truly missed the mark on, and why I will not be looking back after I move on from the 700p.
    Judging from the iPod, Apple also has a nasty habit of re-selling you the same device over and over again with little actual change from the original. Luckily, my free iPod Mini still runs on the original battery, and I'm in little rush to update. Where's a basic FM radio or anything much "value added" in the 6 years or so since Apple started building them?

It's a drag that Palm bought up Handspring, as they've basically locked up the formfactor and turned it into an acccessory/device churn moneymaker rather than focused on making/keeping quality high. But, they have made some incremental improvements in functionality at times, things I wonder if Apple will attempt - I think Apple will churn devices even more than Palm.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Judging from the iPod, Apple also has a nasty habit of re-selling you the same device over and over again with little actual change from the original. Luckily, my free iPod Mini still runs on the original battery, and I'm in little rush to update. Where's a basic FM radio or anything much "value added" in the 6 years or so since Apple started building them?
    are you kiddin me? the ipod is a portable music file player...and each version has gotten more and more compact and lightweight....not to mention they just added video and created "podcast" which has changed the way a lot of things are now marketed (like bands).

and if you want an fm radio, you can add one for about $20.
    It was another forum, I think the sprint sponsored one, that someone mentioned they read it could even be June before we see a software update. That's why I said it was totally unofficial. Still....I wouldn't be surprised at this point if it was July, but hopefully by then I'll have an iPhone and I won't be looking back.

Meryln, I could not believe my eye's when you stated that you are going to move on to the Iphone? I thought you would wait until Dec when maybe Apple introduces the iphone to the world of EVDO!!

Just got off the phone with tech support for Sprint (advanced). The lady could not tell me anything about EVDO and she was unaware of the lag issue!!

Got the same response last week from Treo support on Sprint, the guy was unaware of the lag issues. I guess they do not have monthly tech meetings to discuss their issues with Treo support. I am more than amazed. Usually I have been happy with tech support from Sprint. But now I do with a raised eye brow!

Comment's anyone?
  14.    #74  
    I've updated the top of the Tracer with a letter I just sent Sinclair. Have also included some interesting thoughts that hit me about the 755p release vs the 700p firmware wait. Please read and let me know what you think.
    Thanks Bob.
    There is no spoon.
  16.    #76  
    You're welcome.
  17.    #77  
    I got an email back from Steve Sinclair yesterday and have posted it at the top of the thread. Sounds we will know much more by end of week. Check it out.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks Bob. Steve's word's are certainly encouraging...

<committing the words: 'later this week' to memory>

Hopefully, this deadline won't 'slip' too.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, Bob. I appreciate your efforts, but Sinclair's response sounds discouraging to me. I expect this statement coming later this week to say something along the lines of:

"The update will be much later than expected, possibly at the same time as the 755 release (May 15)."

Which, as I have before stated, totally sucks in my opinion. I would not be suprised if they used the acqusistion of Chattermail as the excuse. I would love to be proven wrong, but at this point I am not optimistic, especially considering today's acnnoucement re: Linux.

I think about the only thing that might possibly make up for the poor performace of the 700p would be to offer some sort of free or discount upgrade-path to the 755. Even then, I personally would not be convinced to stay with Palm as I feel that I as a consumer have been taken for granted.
    Honesly Im impressed that Steve has the spine to respond. I look forward to sometime in April when this release materializes.

Thanks again for your efforts Bob-C.
    There is no spoon.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast