View Poll Results: Did you find this Tracking thread helpful from a consumer standpoint?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

141 88.68%
  • No

18 11.32%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I realize that Palm is releasing the update this week, but it is only for Sprint. Unfortunately the VZW update won't be available at this time. Great. Just what I expected. Now I have to wait even longer. Oh well, I have waited this long, what's another year?

That BB 8830 is looking better everyday.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  2.    #222  
    In the meantime you can try to come up with an idea for doing something useful with a Foleo.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    In the meantime you can try to come up with an idea for doing something useful with a Foleo.
    HA HA.......

I thought about that already, but BT would make using the Foleo a challenge to use.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    This may be naive or just dumb but has anyone talked about a class action lawsuit against Palm?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Just read it. Well put.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Not even in the slightest.
    Okay, that's reassuring. Thanks for giving out what you can, and all of your hard work!
    Last edited by WildFireX; 06/01/2007 at 10:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singulli View Post
    This may be naive or just dumb but has anyone talked about a class action lawsuit against Palm?
    Oh yeah, I've talked about it. I've even SMELLED it:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...13#post1269113
    Someone go post this link to the palm blog... Apparently they didn't learn this while getting their MBA's:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_service
  9.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Hey Dieter!

Nice story and thanks for quoting me in the article.

Ohhhh man....

I had nothing but great expectations for everything Palm this week. I thought that by weekend we would be using our smoothly running, updated 700p's and counting down the days to buy whatever a Foleo would be revealed as.

I hope you at least had a great time in CA. It must've been fun interviewing Jeff but would've been even more so if you could've just kept going on telling him about how the Foleo was a can't miss product .
    Quote Originally Posted by WildFireX View Post
    Oh yeah, I've talked about it. I've even SMELLED it:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...13#post1269113
    I think your nose would be touching it by this point...
    Just curious: What if the MR does not solve the n! problems? What if there is a HARDWARE problem in the 700p that can NOT be solved via a firmware update?

I performed a hard reset already, my 700p is ready for the MR, the battery fully charged and again... just patches for 680 and "portfolios"
    Last edited by ekthor; 06/01/2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Add personal comment
  12.    #233  
    I recently had the opportunity to look at the 755p's ROM. I noticed that the latest files are dated 3/15/07. It follows that this was the date the ROM was completed. Being that the 755p was released on 5/14/07, that would mean the carrier certification process took less than two months to complete.

I don't know when the firmware update for the 700p was completed but at one point we were talking about an April release which gives me the impression carrier testing had already began in Q1. That would put the testing at over two months.

This is what I am confused about the most. What has the difference been in the certification process for two units that are essentially the same hardware?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Bob-C, you are nailing it! Perfect comparison.

The facts are there for all to see. Palm has screwed big time with the 700p in all different ways. And this long promise to repair things is utterly amazing, noth in the scope and the constant failure to deliver.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    So...not May 28th.

Sometime this week for Sprint.

Verizon, et al, M.I.A.

What is it with these people?
    terrible ... really terrible .... it’s so hard to describe this constant disappointment. I've lost all confidence in Palm’s ability to support there customer and there products.

I have not purchased an accessory, or a program, for my phone in months. And I will not until this is fixed, and fixed well. And even then I will need to seriously think about whether I want to continue as a customer of this company.

I finally understand why so many long standing Palm users have lost there patience and moved on. This last month, w/ the 755p release, lack of the MR, and the confusing foleo has really given me the feeling it's time to move onto another product.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    They said they would update the blog today, and there is still no new posting........
    Matty
    The last time Paul updated it was at 6:30pm yesterday. He posted a comment when he posted the update.
    Here are the power users, early adopters, "mavens" (in Tipping Point speak), using Palm's current flagship product, who in one week, have:

- lost faith in Palm's ability to fix deficiencies in its current flagship product

- lost faith in Palm's ability to deliver even reasonable communication and customer service (an "Update" to a old blog post at the end of the anticpated week?)

- lost faith in Palm's ability to innovate and develop products to meet future needs (all this anticipation, and then we get the Foleo?)

Strikes me that, faced against the BlackBerry, the iPhone, and so much energy, excitement and promise coming from other companies, Palm represents a VERY vulnerable company right now...
    So now it is Monday for Sprint users and others are back waiting without a release date...

I'm ready for the class action suit now.
    Will