1.    #1  
    Thought this would warrant a new thread.

I contacted the kind people at enfora about the beta software mentioned in a thread by +Kardboard+. They were nice enough to send it to me and allow me to share it.

As always its Beta so backup etc before using it but i can confirm it works well.

Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    Could've just added it to the previous thread. haha funny how they didn't respond to me like they responded to you! I just got a response earlier and they said that "they don't have plans to develop a sled for the newer Treos". Uh...OK, whatever.

Might need the attached firmware upgrade too. FYI I installed the firmware first, before the WiFi Manager software. Not sure if it works without the firmware upgrade. Worth a try.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  3.    #3  
    After some gnashing of teeth i updated the firmware etc. Sled works fine on the 650. On the 680 its kinda ok. You have to hold the 680 in there real tight to get it to recognise the usb adapter.

I have only been able to get xiino to work. Chattermail, Ptunes and blazer dont seem to play nice with it.
    Visit us at...
    So, am I understanding you guys correctly - I can buy the Enfora Wifi sled and it'll work with my 680? Any idea how long before it's out of beta testing?

This is one of the accessories I've been watching closely.

Thanks.
    Christy
    Palm user since 2000: Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Tungsten C -> Treo 680

SAHM with not enough time to crochet/knit, cross stitch, "geek" (w/ my computer and/or Treo)
    Correct, the Enfora WiFi Sled for the 650 works for the 680, but as others have confirmed, it's not fully supported. Diane at Enfora tells me that these two updates will be out very soon, but will still only officially support the 650.

Canuck PDA
    I haven't been able to get the sled to recognize my 680. How hard do you have to push and do you have to keep pushing?

Epeeman
    Any chance the new drivers will work with the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by epeeman View Post
    I haven't been able to get the sled to recognize my 680. How hard do you have to push and do you have to keep pushing?

Epeeman
    Don't have to push too hard, and after an initial push, the sled and the 680 interfaced fine without pushing.

After exams I'll grab my buddy's 700p to test the sled with the new software.

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by oztreo View Post
    Thought this would warrant a new thread.

I contacted the kind people at enfora about the beta software mentioned in a thread by +Kardboard+. They were nice enough to send it to me and allow me to share it.

As always its Beta so backup etc before using it but i can confirm it works well.

Enjoy
    Well...I know it didn't work with the 700p with the regular drivers. These new beta drivers...maybe?

I guess my question is this: Does it work on the 680 with the beta drivers but NOT work on the 680 with the old 650 drivers? Because if so, that might indicate that the newer hardware is supported with new drivers.
    To my knowledge, no one has tried to use the old drivers with the 680 (I could be wrong).

Canuck PDA
  11.    #11  
    I tried the old drivers with the 680 before i got a hold of these...all it would do was tell me it couldnt recognize the USB post
    Visit us at...
    I could be wrong...or stupid. hahaha thanks oztreo (remembered your PM now).

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by oztreo View Post
    I tried the old drivers with the 680 before i got a hold of these...all it would do was tell me it couldnt recognize the USB post
    HAZZA! Isn't that about the same thing it said with the 700p? (I think our Canadian friend tried it?).

If the new beta driver supports the hardware in the 680 and it seems reasonable to assume the USB on the 680 is probably similar to the 700p.... well then! That's enough to get me to buy an Enfora sled... Okay... so it has not been confirmed that it works... just the same... It's a gamble with enough of a payoff to make it very much worthwhile!
    can you post pictures of the 680 and the enfora wifi sled working?
    Jimmie Geddes
    First post in the other Enfora thread, or http://canuck-pda.ca/.

Canuck PDA