1.    #1  
    I don't think I made any setting changes on my Versamail account but now instead of just having the "Get" button at the bottom of the inbox screen it now says "Get & Send". And since I have noticed this I cannot send emails out. I'm using Adelphia and the cwmx.com server is not working. Any ideas on this?
    G&S is usually only visible when an email is pending in the outbox. Sounds like a message is hung up there. Happens every once in a while. If so just delete it.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    G&S is usually only visible when an email is pending in the outbox. Sounds like a message is hung up there. Happens every once in a while. If so just delete it.
    Ok that was it, however I am not able to Send emails, only receive. Time Warner Cable is in the process of acquiring Adelphia here in Southwest Ohio. I just got off the phone with Timer Warner and they said they do not operate the same as Adelphia. The guy said I would need to call Cingular to get the outgoing server. Everytime I try to send a email it says cannot connect to cwmx.com which is the Adelphia server.
    if your versamail worked and stopped for no reason (no recent apps installed, settings received via OTA, etc) try browsing the web on your phone.

Go to Web/Blazer and www.google.com then try to search for something. If you DONT get a search result then you dont have a data connection so you cant send and receive. If you do get a search result, try deleting the mail from Outbox and recomposing one and resending it.

Hope this helps.
    Treo 180 > Treo270 > Treo 600 > reflashed CING Treo 650 & Treo 700p & Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReuIsmil View Post
    if your versamail worked and stopped for no reason (no recent apps installed, settings received via OTA, etc) try browsing the web on your phone.

Go to Web/Blazer and www.google.com then try to search for something. If you DONT get a search result then you dont have a data connection so you cant send and receive. If you do get a search result, try deleting the mail from Outbox and recomposing one and resending it.

Hope this helps.
    No problems with google search. Works fine. I'm wondering if it isn't the Adelphia server cwmx.com. Does Cingular have an outing server for email?
    Does Cingular have an outing server for email?
    yep. cwmx.com is Cingular's outgoing server. If you have another account like Google, try to see if you can send mails from it.
  7.    #7  
    cwmx.com is listed for Adelphia. Is cwmx.com used for multiple services?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
    cwmx.com is listed for Adelphia. Is cwmx.com used for multiple services?
    Yep. Heard that its also used as the outgoing for other mail providers.

------------

got this from (kb.palm.com) Solution ID: 31747

Cingular Wireless service with former AT&T Wireless logo

Cingular Wireless provides service for former AT&T Wireless accounts. The information below is based on former AT&T Wireless settings, which may have changed since AT&T Wireless merged with Cingular. For the latest information, contact Cingular.

With former AT&T Wireless accounts, you may have had two email accounts. One contained your former AT&T Wireless mMode username (mModeUserName@mobile.att.net), and the other contained your phone number (16505551212@mobile.att.net). If you don't already have an mMode username, contact Cingular for more information.

Former AT&T Wireless accounts could not send emails from third-party email accounts; you needed to your mMode email address to send mail. Under former AT&T Wireless settings, you would still be able to receive emails from an unrelated POP3 account, but any outgoing mails must be sent from your mMode email address. Contact Cingular for updates.

SMTP Server: smtp.attwireless.net
    User name: Your mMode username
    Password: Your mMode password

Cingular Wireless
    For Cingular Wireless, you do not need to enter a user name or password, but you do need to enter the SMTP server info.

Outgoing (SMTP) Server: cwmx.com
    User name: (none)
    Password: (none)

--------

I gave up on accounts with cmwx.com though and just sticked with Gmail.
  9.    #9  
    well cwmx.com is out of commission it seems.
  10.    #10  
    Yep. Heard that its also used as the outgoing for other mail providers.

------------

got this from (kb.palm.com) Solution ID: 31747

Cingular Wireless service with former AT&T Wireless logo

Cingular Wireless provides service for former AT&T Wireless accounts. The information below is based on former AT&T Wireless settings, which may have changed since AT&T Wireless merged with Cingular. For the latest information, contact Cingular.

With former AT&T Wireless accounts, you may have had two email accounts. One contained your former AT&T Wireless mMode username (mModeUserName@mobile.att.net), and the other contained your phone number (16505551212@mobile.att.net). If you don't already have an mMode username, contact Cingular for more information.

Former AT&T Wireless accounts could not send emails from third-party email accounts; you needed to your mMode email address to send mail. Under former AT&T Wireless settings, you would still be able to receive emails from an unrelated POP3 account, but any outgoing mails must be sent from your mMode email address. Contact Cingular for updates.

SMTP Server: smtp.attwireless.net
    User name: Your mMode username
    Password: Your mMode password

Cingular Wireless
    For Cingular Wireless, you do not need to enter a user name or password, but you do need to enter the SMTP server info.

Outgoing (SMTP) Server: cwmx.com
    User name: (none)
    Password: (none)

--------

I gave up on accounts with cmwx.com though and just sticked with Gmail.
    All I need is a outgoing server. I use a hosted web service so that my emaill address stays the same (connected to my website). Any suggestions?
    All I need is a outgoing server. I use a hosted web service so that my emaill address stays the same (connected to my website). Any suggestions?
    try this

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com

Advanced ...

Outgoing Server Settings:
    Port Number: 587
    Use Secure Connection (SSL): No
    Use authentication (ESMTP): Yes. Requires username for ESMTP.
    Username: treosmtp
    Password: abcde12345
  12.    #12  
    try this

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com

Advanced ...

Outgoing Server Settings:
    Port Number: 587
    Use Secure Connection (SSL): No
    Use authentication (ESMTP): Yes. Requires username for ESMTP.
    Username: treosmtp
    Password: abcde12345
    Got a error code
    530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first c29sm6306539anc

???
  13.    #13  
    Can't even receive now. What is the port for cwmx.com?
    Can't even receive now. What is the port for cwmx.com?
    NO port numbers. if it didnt work just go back to your original settings.
    Google Mail has a SMTP server you can use if you've got an account there. The LifeHacker blog has the details.
  16.    #16  
    What is the normal Versamail Port setting for cwmx.com?
  17.    #17  
    What is the normal Versamail Port setting for cwmx.com?
    110. Found it.