Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Find out more here!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Or the two other threads besides that one.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    HOLY CRAP. It went from 915k to 1800k!?

That's crazy. I've always kept it in ram, but if I upgraded to this, I'd definately have to move it to the SD card. I've done it before, it'll run in background mode that way, but Blazer can't send streams to it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Or the two other threads besides that one.
    PocketTunes is a "Palm OS Apps." This is the RIGHT PLACE for a thread on the subject. I don't do exhaustive searches before every post and rarely visit most of the other forums here at TreoCentral because I have a life! So take a chill pill!

Now, for something worthwhile besides whining and pointing fingers . . .

This $20 upgrade, IMHO is not worth it. I could care less about viewing album art on my Treo. While streaming Internet radio attains the "cool, geeky factor," it's hard on the Treo battery, so I'll pass on that featue too. ACC format? Well, my several thousand music collection are all in MP3 and I'm not about to convert or change that at this time . . . pass again! And pass on this upgrade!
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    PocketTunes is a "Palm OS Apps." This is the RIGHT PLACE for a thread on the subject. I don't do exhaustive searches before every post and rarely visit most of the other forums here at TreoCentral because I have a life! So take a chill pill!
    My bad. I didn't realize that clicking search, typing Pocket Tunes, and clicking Go to see if anyone else may have already posted this info made you so tired. Regardless of where the RIGHT PLACE is to post this, there are now three threads to keep up with if you want information on the new version. The purpose of mentioning other threads or posting links to them is an attempt to get everyone posting in the same one so that the rest of us who have a life as well don't have to check several different locations for new information.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    My bad. I didn't realize that clicking search, typing Pocket Tunes, and clicking Go to see if anyone else may have already posted this info made you so tired.
    Make that two chill pills! So who's more lazy or tired? Keeping up with three threads wearing you out?
    Actually the Palm OS Multimedia Forum is the correct forum and not this one, look at the forum descriptions
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Actually the Palm OS Multimedia Forum is the correct forum and not this one, look at the forum descriptions
    Ah, another chill pill candidate! Don't you folks have anything better to do than criticize? THIS FORUM is the most heavily used one and so THIS FORUM should draw light to a major application's new release. In the couple of months I've been using TreoCentral I've never looked into the Palm OS Multimedia Forum. I suppose you'll criticize me for that too huh?

The way I see it, PocketTunes is a "Palm OS Apps" (look at the forum descriptions! ) first, and a "Multimedia" app second. But hey, that's just my way of thinking. I guess everyone should adhere to your way of thinking, right?
    I feel ya on both issuses theres not enough to warrent upgrading. maby if they added a all format Video upgrade. but as is, naw. And the chill pill thing, I agree with you. TC developed and posted a fourm site where people can post there opinions. Some folks don't get that. It is kinda sad that some guys/girls will spend there day clicking the refresh button waiting to e-pounce on someone for the smallest possible reason instead of making money. and I sure I'll be e-chastised for spelling and grammer. Thats fine though, I just deposited another check from a client.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Wow, if ever there was need of a chill pill…

Pot: you are black.

12.    #12  
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Or Happy Holidays, to the 3/4 of the population.

I'll take 'em both...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
    Or Happy Holidays, to the 3/4 of the population.

I'll take the "narrow gate" over the path of the masses any day!
    By the way, not sure if anyone else is trying this new version or not, but I figured hey, why not, try it for 15 days.. Just see how it is..

It crashes on me way too much. PTunes 3.6 never crashed on me, but this crap crashes constantly. It seems like if I pause streaming music then let the phone sit for a while, it crashes every time. But also it seems to crash if it's just sitting there idle, even if you haven't started music.

It never shows Pocket Tunes was the crash, just <Unknown>, but it never crashes otherwise.
    This is interesting to read. The previous few versions of PT used to skip/slur incessantly and eventually crash my treo. PT4 works absolutely perfectly!
    4.0.1 is out
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    4.0.1 is out
    Version 4.0.1 12/19/06

* Bug fix: Pocket Tunes v1 skins show up blank (#3886)
    * Bug fix: Internet Radio station name sometimes gets corrupted (#3891)
    * Bug fix: Crashes on unsupported Sony devices (#3892)
    * Bug fix: Cancelling from first-time welcome screen doesn't set trial correctly (#3893)
    * Bug fix: Some skins can freeze the device when Fonts4OS5, FontSmoother, or PiLoc is installed (#3898, #3912)
    * Bug fix: Too many timeout errors loading Internet Radio stations (#3900)
    * Bug fix: Scrolling text areas don't scroll at constant speed (#3905)
    * Bug fix: Fix crash and prevent reset loop on Treo 600 (#3916)
    * Bug fix: Pocket Tunes freezes
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Version 4.0.1 12/19/06

* Bug fix: Internet Radio station name sometimes gets corrupted (#3891)
    * Bug fix: Some skins can freeze the device when Fonts4OS5, FontSmoother, or PiLoc is installed (#3898, #3912)
    * Bug fix: Pocket Tunes freezes
    Seen all three.. Time to update and see. Beta test for 15 days...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast