Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It seems as though the update has fixed many of the Internet radio problems. I don't know if they increased the timeout or updated the feeds, but most did not work with 4.0 and almost all I've tried with 4.0.1 connect.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Anyone have comparisons from Kinoma 4EX versus Pocket Tunes 4.1? It looks like it's the capability to stream video on the Kinoma.
    Last edited by wbwjr; 12/24/2006 at 06:47 AM.
    Those are 2 different products targeted to two different things. Kinoma is the ultimate media player that plays video not only from your Treo but from the Internet. At the same time it displays pictures, play music and stream podcasts and music. However, it is pretty much meant to be used as a video player. Pocket Tunes is the ultimate music player for music on you Treo and streaming music from the web. They both are good at what they are intended to be used however they can overlap in things such as streaming podcasts or music.

Al
    From an audio perspective some of the biggest differences are:

wma streaming -- kinoma yes, ptunes no

ogg support -- ptunes yes kinoma no

background operation -- ptunes yes kinoma no
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    What is the lastest/final release of 3.x ptunes? I just install 4.0.1 as a replacement to Aeroplayer, but the memory requirements on my Treo 650 are heavy. I am thinking that 3.x maybe a better choice. I only want bookmarks and reliable mp3 playback while running telenav.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6.    #26  
    3.1.8. For minimal footprint, use default skin and delete any plugins you don't use. I don't have the sizes of 3.1.8 vs. 4.0.1 but the later has to be greater.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I was able to install and register 3.1.6 which takes about half the room as 4.0.1. When I try to install 3.1.8 over 3.1.6 I lose the registration and PT says that my reg code is invalid.

What gives?
  8.    #28  
    Hmmm,

Sounds like a query to NormSoft support is in order.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I have 3.1.8 installed, registered and working. It seems to be a better fit for my needs than 4.0.1. If I had the spare memory than I might go with the newer version.

Tomorrow will be the test drive to see if I can run Ptunes in the background while using Telenav and have no skips.
    Man Dont Install 4.0.1 it Screwed up my 650 . .. nothing but resets ... lock ups... and when I tried to delete it .... it some how erase my pictures in my phone and reset my phone screen ... Had to go back to 3.1.8 it works better and is smaller footprint
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12