Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I've been holding out for the 700wx but I'm thinking about just going with the 700p. I've read alot about the limited multitasking in the Palm OS and I was hoping someone could answer my question.

I plan to use the device for the phone, push email and then web browsing in that order. Does the push email run in the background at all times? I don;t want to have to manually open the email client to check my mail. Thanks for the advice.
    Edit/Delete Message
    yeah.. the cooperative Multi-tasking that Palm has is overall done well. Where you would run into problems is when you have blazer open and you want to start downloading something and then go check your email... you can't do that.. the download will stop and the email will open.

ChatterEmail is the program that I use and it does run in the background. It runs great. Also PTunes also runs in the background.. So I can be browsing the internet and listening to tunes, etc... What it does is wakes up and pulls your mail and then goes back to sleep (to put it simply).

For what I need at this point it does most of what I want. Rarely do I encounter a problem where I am like "UHG... WHERE IS MY MULTITASKING".

But that is just my take
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I haven't used "Push" email. But I do have versamail check my email every hour (polling), and it does so without any problems even when I am using another app. The Treo700 is capable of doing certain tasks in the background. For example I can play mp3's while I am writing an email, or I can check my calander and tasks while I am on a phone call. Also, alarms will still go off when I am doing any other task.

But I can not have a web page open and a word document open at the same time. In that situation I would have to exit the browser and open the document.

Hope that helps.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Versamail can check email in the background while running other programs like Blazer? wow. good to know.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Great, thanks for the info. What service are you using to "Push" the email?

I think I'd go with Chatter mail and a service like EmailTreo to actually push the mail.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I disagree. just with one thing... playing music in the background while doing anything is painful. it skips wicked bad. even when browsing with blazer. very annoying. does WX have this issue? Palm should just let all the P users flash there ROM to WX until they fix this. the screen would just have black space around it because of the 240x240.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I really like the chatter interface. I don't use it though because for some reason opening attachments resets my phone. I did hard reset with nothing but chatter same result. the developer was fast to respond but didn't help. try the trial first.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    e2chris, the wx does not have the skipping issue.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I do get some skipping while switching apps, or while web browsing, but i do not get skipping while writing an memo or doing something similar. Also, there is a good chance Palm will issue a ROM update soon to fix or reduce the problem.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre