1.    #1  
    there are a ton of phone numbers in my contacts that have a sim card icon next to them. whenever i scroll down as soon as i hit one of them, the phone crashes.
    does anyone have a clue as to what could have caused this?
    i also can't edit or view the details of any of the said contacts.
    they're fine in my palm desktop, but i tried wiping out the phone, doing a hard reset and syncing the phone with the cpu restoring the phone to no avail....
    this is nuts!
    HELP!
    These contacts with a sim card icon are the ones that are stored on your sim card (rather than on your phone).
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  3.    #3  
    no SIM card on this bad boy
    ooow, that's right. Are these specifically Sprint service numbers and codes that have this symbol? Or are they personal phone numbers as well (that you've entered)
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    this happened to me once on my treo700. I think the contact got corrupt and no longer would accept any changes. I had to erase that contact and reenter it.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    unfortunately, this is several personal contacts and it would take me a looong time to go through ad delete them all.....
    can you try restoring a known good backup?
  8.    #8  
    not sure i quite follow. as far as dbScan and FixAddrDB are concerned, "everythings peachy"...
    same with palm desktop.
    i don't really use any other method of backing up..
    ON your Palm Desktop, export the contacts to csv, then delete all contacts in the desktop and import the csv back. Then hotsync your phone and make sure PC overides Handheld.
    If this is your only form of backup I suggest you invest in an SD card and a backup software. The above fixes most of corrupt contact databaae but if something goes wrong and youre unable to export and import and you delete all your contacts then you're SOL. If you need to do this ASAP then I suggest you do the export and then the import and make sure when it imports the contacts back to to the desktop that they're all there and complete before you hotsync to your phone.
  11.    #11  
    YOU ROCK!!!!
    that worked great.
    Glad I could help =)