Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those using the Treo 680 ivolution case, please post pics (of course, with your 680 in it). Would love to see real world pics. Can't really tell the increase in size from Vaja's site. Also, post commets! Looking to buy, but want your valued input before I do.

duke
    Pictures as requested. i just got mine today. Would have dont it sooner. But, i had to pull the Fedex guy out of the snow with the Duramax.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the pics. I can tell much more from these than from those posted on Vaja's site. Doesn't seem to add much bulk at all, yet I think I've read posts to the contrary. What are you're impressions so far. By the way, nice color scheme.

duke
    I love it. I have had Sena cases, Siedio skins, Speck skins, Palm cases. i find that Vaja is the most durable/expensive, has a high resale value and I can get it in the colors i want.
    I love the way in feels in my hands and the case is also hard enough to protect the treo in case of a fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Thanks for the pics. I can tell much more from these than from those posted on Vaja's site. Doesn't seem to add much bulk at all, yet I think I've read posts to the contrary. What are you're impressions so far. By the way, nice color scheme.

duke
    The bulk happens when you order it with those silly rivit attachments.
    Yeah, i wouldn't recommend a rivit unless u don't plan on putting it in your pocket. It bulges quite a bit.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Vaja cases are awesome. I ended up selling my last vaja because it just adds a little bit too much bulk for my tastes.... if only treos came in a thinner size.

the quality of vaja is really top notch.
  8.    #8  
    Well, I guess I'm going to pull the trigger. Thanks for all input.

duke
    I've had issues in the past with the dye wearing off. I've since stopped using mine due to the bulkiness but keep in mind that while the craftsmanship is great, the case will eventually show some wear.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Well, I guess I'm going to pull the trigger. Thanks for all input.

duke
    its alot money for a case where the die wears off after 6 months of use, they look great while they are new but I would never buy one again

search, iam not the only one with this experience
    Yeah Yeah.... Never had a problem with all 3 vaja cases I have had. People say the same about BMW & Mercedes vs Toyotas and Hondas.. All personal choices.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Yeah Yeah.... Never had a problem with all 3 Vaja cases I have had. People say the same about BMW & Mercedes vs Toyotas and Hondas.. All personal choices.

One of the reasons you buy these cases is because of their good looks but if the die comes off after reasonable use its a waste of money.

Its amazing i brought a Vaja copy from ipods plus for my 700p and after 6 months plus there is absolute no sign of wear and tear?($25)

You might put them in upper class of cases but they certainly do not live up to the quality, a case that costs this much should not have die wear off after 6 months

* i have owned 2 of their cases 1 for an ipod and 1 for the treo and still would be customer of theirs if the product was a quality product or they supplied quality cs to correct the issues.

My post was not about the style of their cases as i really like their styles its about their quality
    Last edited by sjjones; 12/31/2006 at 08:02 PM.
    The colors wore off on my i_volution (they used to call it T-65). I had posted some pictures here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94411

The case looks much worse now, but is still otherwise functional, and i use it everyday.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I am familiar with leather, dyes, paints etc from working with saddles and harnesses all my life.

From the pix posted in that
    The colors wore off on my i_volution (they used to call it T-65). I had posted some pictures here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94411
    It is evident that: the Vaja cases are NOT dyed - they are painted! Paint scrubs off as is shown at the high wear points. Dyed leather absorbs the dye into the pores and skin of the leather. the Vaja case shows that the base leather is in fact dyed black and then spray painted a top color.

If you observe trully dyed leather there will be slight variances in depth or opacity/translucency of color due to the variations of the hide skin. These variations give leather that unqiue character.

While at first glance the Vaja cases look impressive with their colors, however black leather is typically cheaper leather and is dyed black in order to conceal the flaws.

So from those photos and Vaja's info on their site that they use leather from Argentina, I'll keep my money in my pocket thank you! In the horse industry it is widely known that Argentinian leather is of inferior quality.

The other thing noticed regarding the vaja case is that the corners of the device are still left exposed.
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Its amazing i brought a vaja copy from ipods plus
    Can you post a link? I might be interested to see if they make one for the 680.

Thanks!

duke
    Forgewizard, thanks for that information. I really like the Vaja construction but find the "dye", which I now know is paint, came off too easily. While I'm disappointed in their products, at least I now have an explanation. I wish the Vaja quality was as good as the presentation.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    I am familiar with leather, dyes, paints etc from working with saddles and harnesses all my life.

From the pix posted in that

It is evident that: the Vaja cases are NOT dyed - they are painted! Paint scrubs off as is shown at the high wear points. Dyed leather absorbs the dye into the pores and skin of the leather. the Vaja case shows that the base leather is in fact dyed black and then spray painted a top color.

If you observe truly dyed leather there will be slight variances in depth or opacity/translucency of color due to the variations of the hide skin. These variations give leather that unique character.

While at first glance the Vaja cases look impressive with their colors, however black leather is typically cheaper leather and is dyed black in order to conceal the flaws.

So from those photos and Vaja's info on their site that they use leather from Argentina, I'll keep my money in my pocket thank you! In the horse industry it is widely known that Argentinian leather is of inferior quality.

The other thing noticed regarding the Vaja case is that the corners of the device are still left exposed.

Great info for the potential Vaja buyers, my issues were 2 fold loss of color and the other probably more important thing was the stretching, where to the treo would actually fall out when the case was turned upside down! there was nothing to hold the treo in place.

never thought about dieing vs painting thing, but sounds right to me!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Can you post a link? I might be interested to see if they make one for the 680.

Thanks!

duke
    http://www.podsplus.com/index.cfm?fu...Product_ID=210

They don't have a case for the 680 Yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    http://www.podsplus.com/index.cfm?fu...Product_ID=210

They don't have a case for the 680 Yet!
    Do they not?

Try here, http://www.podsplus.com/index.cfm?fu...Product_ID=309

Not sure if its a pre order but i went through to the check out fine.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    The podsplus cases look a bit thick. Do they allow easy access to the buttons on the edge of the keyboard?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast