1.    #1  
    I wonder if it works any better?

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/

anyone willing to TOFTT? not buy it, but install the trial and try it out?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    3.1.8 and skipping......do any players out there fix the skip issue on 700p??

4.0 doesnt look like a worthy upgrade.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    read somewhere that mOcean does a better job, but I can't keep tossing money at software. Problem's with the Treo. Hell, I've got RINGTONES that skip (and they're .wavs and such, played through the Treo's native app, not some ringtone manager--just sound effects, like actual ringing telephones, not Beethoven's 5th). Annoying.
    mOcean skips just as much as ptunes 3.18 and 4.0. Don't waste your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    mOcean skips just as much as ptunes 3.18 and 4.0. Don't waste your money.
    I like the 5-way adaptation of the ipod GUI on mocean, but the screen graphics are ridiculous (ipod look without ipod usability - can't work it with your fingers which is the whole point). Quality about the same as Pockettunes, plus it plays movies and does other neat things. In fact, if I dump anything on Palm MP3 players again, I might just pickup a mocean license as it's about the same price as the 3-> 4 upgrade (esp with discounts).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I downloaded 4.0 ota but version keeps saying 3.1.8...
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I downloaded 4.0 ota but version keeps saying 3.1.8...

It should have dropped an Install Pt icon in your multimedia category. You need to run that for the nutshell installer to overwrite PT 3.1.8.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Gee, I spent money on 3.18 that does not work and they have not fixed so I am supposed to spend more money on a new version?

Don't ask for more money until you make the one you already sold actually work. If you want to offer free cosmetic upgrades in the mean time fine but dont charge for bug fixes. Does this version actually fix the skipping?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    wow almost $40.
    New package, same product. Mundu radio works for me. I love the design though.
    Hey jcthorne,

What was the issue with 3.1.8? I dont have any issue with mine besides the minor skipping which I is a 700p issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Hey jcthorne,

What was the issue with 3.1.8? I dont have any issue with mine besides the minor skipping which I is a 700p issue.
    Skipping is the issue. To me it is not minor. Does not matter where the issue comes from. Pocket Tunes sells a software product specificly for one purpose, to play music on the 700p. It does not do this properly. If they have not yet figured out how to play music on the device, they should not be asking me for more money to 'upgrade' a product that did not work as advertised in the first place. Concentrate on making the core product work, not new bells and whistles. Sorry to be so negative. I really do like Pocket Tunes, just wished it worked correctly on my 700p. I used it extensively on my 600 and it worked flawlessly. Steams me that the 700 cannot do what the 600 did fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Gee, I spent money on 3.18 that does not work and they have not fixed so I am supposed to spend more money on a new version?

Don't ask for more money until you make the one you already sold actually work. If you want to offer free cosmetic upgrades in the mean time fine but dont charge for bug fixes. Does this version actually fix the skipping?

How is PTunes supposed to fix something that is a problem with the Treo? I have the skipping issue with lots of programs, when ever I am in an area with weak reception. I know of two spots on the freeway on my way home that are about 300 yards long, that cause skipping.
    ^I won't disagree with this (i.e., how is pTunes supposed to fix a busted Treo), but there is nonetheless a very big problem, I think, with releasing a product that does not work as it is intended to. They need to get together with Treo and get to the bottom of this BS. There is a definite relationship, since pTunes now comes burned into the 700p's ROM. pTunes may not be able to address the problem solo, but they are not innocent bystanders, particularly when they release a product for which they want more money that they know won't work as it's supposed to. One would hope they did product testing, and discovered the continued skipping (as we did within 2 minutes of having downloaded the product). pTunes is marketed to work with the 700p. It doesn't. For me, that's the bottom line, and for me that's a problem.
    I've been test-driving 4.0 (and actually purchased last night) and think the skipping is virtually eliminated. The Internet radio listings are a nice function--you can do the same in v3 deluxe but it's not as convenient. The sound quality subjectively is noticeably improved.
    i bought 3.1.8 a few weeks ago and sent them an email to request a free upgrade to 4.0, they sent me a new code for 4.0 FREE.
    That is TRUE! To check this out for yourself, go to Ptunes and check for updates. It will tell you that a free upgrade isnt available, but a paid upgrade is available. If you click on 'Upgrade Options', it will take you to a Blazer page and at the bottom it says "If you purchased Pocket Tunes Deluxe 3.X on or after October 15, 2006, you qualify for a free update to 4.X Deluxe." Then it gives you a link to request a free upgrade!
    4.0 skips just as much as 3.18 when it's in the background. Neither one skips in the foreground.