1.    #1  
    O.K. I see on the BB that the 700 series Treos have a "hack" to turn off the keyboard lights, but does that mean this will work for my new 680?

Besides that I see that it doesn't download as a .prc or .pdb so how the heck do I or would I get it installed on my 680? I am a Treo user, not a Treo Hacker.

Anyone out there that can offer help?

I am thinking I can get this battery issue solved by turning off one more power drain. - Who needs keyboard lights in the daytime?

Thanks!
    KBLightsOff.
    Maybe KBLightsOff is the best software, but it's $5.00 after 30 days trial period...
    twilight is FREE
    Works great on my 680.
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Interestingly enough, my kb lights just blacked out right now. I'm thinking it was because I was watching a video. They turned back on when I messed with the brightness setting.
    KeyShades is a good choice too :

http://www.nekito.net/~dgsachs/palm/
    Try also doing the Blue option button with menu. That will dim both the screen and keyboard lights.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Try also doing the Blue option button with menu. That will dim both the screen and keyboard lights.
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad92 View Post
    Maybe KBLightsOff is the best software, but it's $5.00 after 30 days trial period...
    twilight is FREE
    Works great on my 680.
    I can't seem to find Twilight anywhere. Can you provide the program or a link to it? Thanks in advance!
  9.    #9  
    KBlights ROCKS!

Thanks for the heads up folks! Granted I've just downloaded the program, but already it does everything it says it will and doesn't seem to bug my 680 even though the developer cearly says it is for the 650 only.

Now maybe I can squeeze more usable life out of the battery?

Thanks too for the opt + menu trick! that ought to help too!

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I love KB LightsOff also. What do you folks do when you need to type something in the dark though, without mistyping something? Space bar first?
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
    I love KB LightsOff also. What do you folks do when you need to type something in the dark though, without mistyping something? Space bar first?
    I have my side key set to toggle the lights with a double-click. It's one of the choices on the main page of the KBLightsOff appl.
    LOVE KBLightsOFF...perfect functionality. Delightful.
    One of my problems with KBLightsOff is this: It seems that the built-in Palm programming which allows you to dim the keyboard and screen during a call (after 30 sec, 60 sec, 1 min, 2 min, etc.) overrides KBLightsOff during your call. Basically, when KBLightsOff is active on my 680 (always), if I'm on a call, the keyboard lights suddenly come on (albeit they are dim) once the call duration has reached the minimal time in the preset. Yes, I have already set it at the maximum of 5 minutes, but I wonder if KBLightsOff could be adjusted to prevent the 680 from overriding it? I've sent an email describing the problem to the developer a couple days ago but have heard nothing yet in response. Anyone else notice this?