1.    #1  
    newbie here, just picked up a 700p (Sprint)

Set up Versamail tonight to get email from my pop account. Works fine. Set it up to check every 15 minutes for new emails but got a notice that said I would be charged a phone call for every time.

Is this true?

If so, 4 times an hour * 9 hours a day * 5 days a week = 180 minutes a week

That would use over 700 minutes a month off of my plan.

Again, is this true? Doesn't seem like an unlimited internet plan if so...

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Where'd you get the notice from? If you have one of Sprint's unlimited data plans, you won't be charged extra for using Versamail. There is a generic usage message built into Versamail that really isn't accurate.

Btw, pulling down emails more often than every half an hour will use up some battery power.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The message I got is in the Preferences of Versamail itself. When I go to the Autosync button to set the time frame I get a warning message for anything 30mins and shorter.

Warning message:
    'Each Auto Sync makes a data phone call. Setting to Auto Sync frequently will shorten the battery life and may increase your phone bill.'

Thus, my concern. I have the Power Vision Plan from Sprint ($20/month) which is supposed to allow me unlimited access. But the wife and I share minutes and if the above warning was correct it would for sure put us over our minutes.

Any idea on how much the battery will be affected? With normal daily use (no email pulling automatically) what kind of battery life should I expect?

Thanks again.