Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I don't really see need for upgrade
  3.    #3  
    Me neither. But I did anyway (just to have the latest).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    what differences do you notice
  5.    #5  
    Absolutely none.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Absolutely none.
    Classic
    Hi,

Sounds like you may not have had much chance to try it out yet. Here is a listing of the biggest updates:

• Enahanced Synchronization:
      • Improved Sync Setup Interface - Sync As Many Devices and Wallets as You Like, However you Like
      • Sync with multiple PCs
      • Sync to other computers on a network
      • Sync to remote locations via FTP
      • Sync your custom card templates
      • FilesAnywhere Remote Storage built-in
    • eWallet Companion step-by-step help tool
    • New icons from www.iconidea.com
    • 4 free self-installing icon packs
    • "No Password Needed" wallet option
    • Improved sync messaging and log
    • Status Bar Sync Indicator
    • Wallet properties display
    • Updated graphics for credit cards
    • Maestro, CarteBlanche, EuroCheque, and Optima credit card types added
    • Improved doclist in Windows Mobile displays all wallets in one place

Thanks!

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    marc@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------
    http://www.iliumsoft.com

And be sure check out our new blog! http://blog.iliumsoft.com/
  8.    #8  
    I should clarify: I did not see any difference in the way I use eWallet.

I could not, for instance:

1. put multiple wallet files on my Treo, even though the post says "Sync As Many Devices and Wallets as You Like, However you Like".

2. Could not have the the wallet file be without password on the PC and with password on the Treo. I think this could be done is the sync process required a password, which could be stored on my PC. That way, if anyone steals my Treo, he will have to supply password to get my data on the Treo and to sync the data to the PC. The data remains safe.

3. There was no way to select all my cards on the PC and change their properties (like displaying the hidden information). I hate the way, by default, the password information is hidden on my PC. I want everything to be considered secure on my PC and not require me to jump through hoops to get to my data on the PC.

Yeah, there are new icons.. big deal!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    "1. put multiple wallet files on my Treo, even though the post says "Sync As Many Devices and Wallets as You Like, However you Like"."

The Palm OS version does still limit you to a single synchronized wallet. I apologize for the missing info in my post. It was not intentional.

"2. Could not have the the wallet file be without password on the PC and with password on the Treo."

This isn't something that is allowed in this version but I'd be happy to pass the request along. Typically our experience is that users either want a password or don't want a password and that the location of the wallet is not a factor in this decision. In your case it sounds like it is so I'll be sure to pass along the suggestion.

" I think this could be done is the sync process required a password, which could be stored on my PC. "

I'm not against this idea but here is my concern. With this, everytime you synchronize you would have to provide this password. If it entered it automatically it would have to be stored somewhere. The first choice would likely get annoying and the second would not be secure. By setting a password for the wallet rather than the sync,you only enter the password when you access your data. When you sync (which most folks do multiple times a day) there would be no additional steps.

"3. There was no way to select all my cards on the PC and change their properties (like displaying the hidden information)."

Unfortunately that isn't something version 5.0 has. It is something that has been requested and is still under consideration for future versions.

"I hate the way, by default, the password information is hidden on my PC."

Sorry about that. In fact many users want ways to hide even MORE information in that way. Most people consider the hidden information a benefit (rather than a hoop to jump through) but clearly it doesn't fit your needs.

"Yeah, there are new icons.. big deal!"

And of course if that was all the new version offered it wouldn't by much of an update.

As it stands it sounds like version 5.0 really doesn't expand areas that are of the most importance to you. Sorry about that. We focus on the areas where the largest number of users are requesting changes and unfortunately that means other things have to get skipped.

If you paid for the upgrade and really don't need it we're happy to refund the purchase price. In addition, should you decide to use 4.1 instead we always offer full support to users that decide the upgrade really doesn't fit what they are looking for.

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    marc@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilium Software View Post
    "2. Could not have the the wallet file be without password on the PC and with password on the Treo."

This isn't something that is allowed in this version but I'd be happy to pass the request along. Typically our experience is that users either want a password or don't want a password and that the location of the wallet is not a factor in this decision. In your case it sounds like it is so I'll be sure to pass along the suggestion.

" I think this could be done is the sync process required a password, which could be stored on my PC. "

I'm not against this idea but here is my concern. With this, everytime you synchronize you would have to provide this password. If it entered it automatically it would have to be stored somewhere. The first choice would likely get annoying and the second would not be secure. By setting a password for the wallet rather than the sync,you only enter the password when you access your data. When you sync (which most folks do multiple times a day) there would be no additional steps.

"I hate the way, by default, the password information is hidden on my PC."

Sorry about that. In fact many users want ways to hide even MORE information in that way. Most people consider the hidden information a benefit (rather than a hoop to jump through) but clearly it doesn't fit your needs.

If you paid for the upgrade and really don't need it we're happy to refund the purchase price.
    I'll keep 4.1 with the hope that you'll enhance the product over the next few months.
    On the other issues:
    I consider my home PC to be safe and secure (besides burglers getting access to my PC). Thus the need to have passwords on the PC should be made optional, while maintaining the need for password on the handheld.

One way to do that would be to make the Hotsync process require a password, which could be stored under the Custom menu of the conduit (thus not requiring the password to be entered repeatedly). So, the file is password protected on the handheld, password-free on the PC. If someone steals my Treo, he won't be able to do a hotsync to get the file to his PC because he wouldn't be able to sync. And he obviously won't be able to access the file on the Treo as well. Everyone's happy.

I was a bit flippant in my original posting on this thread. I encourage everyone using ver 4.1 to study the feature-list of 5.x before deciding to upgrade.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    One way to do that would be to make the Hotsync process require a password, which could be stored under the Custom menu of the conduit (thus not requiring the password to be entered repeatedly). So, the file is password protected on the handheld, password-free on the PC. If someone steals my Treo, he won't be able to do a hotsync to get the file to his PC because he wouldn't be able to sync. And he obviously won't be able to access the file on the Treo as well. Everyone's happy.
    Consider your request added to the "big list" of ideas that we reference when deciding on future feature sets! Thanks!

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    marc@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    The sync options are better now with version 5.0 and make it worth it for me, but you did nothing with the limited print formatting capability. You should be able to change the header and footer information, preview the printout and join cards into one pintable 8.5 x 11 printout. I suggest you add this feature in a near term release. Also, the bank icon is cartoonish, while other icons are formal. You should standardize the look of the icons.
    Glad you like sync. As for the other points we'll definitely keep it in mind. I'm not sure if print changes are lined up for the next release but updating print is "on the list".

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    marc@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------