Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    • NEW in 4.0! Internet radio presets, AAC, aacPlus, album art, and lots more!
    • Play hundreds of Internet radio stations from the built-in catalog or tune in to your favorites.
    • Auto-sync your music from your computer and CDs.
    • Access millions of songs from compatible music subscription services.
    • Listen to audio books and podcasts.
    • And so much more!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    No .wma streaming...bummer...otherwise looks nice
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    This app has rocked it out again guys. Thanks
    Version 4 requires twice the memory that version 3 does. Also the new included skin is horrible beyond words - tiny controls and fonts, very low contrast, impossible to read, but if you want to display album art on the same screen as your player controls, that's what you're stuck with until 3rd party developers get into the act. The new/improved internet radio functions may be worthwhile, but for a "Basic" user like me, I'm not seeing any reason to upgrade and in fact the memory footprint suggests I shouldn't upgrade even if it were free.
    Yeah, 4.0

I installed this new version and deleted it 10 minutes later. Not worth the $37.95. Your exsisting deluxe reg key does not work with this 4.0 I did not like the skin that came with it, and did not care for how it revamped the internet station listings.

Some slight improvement on the infamous 700p/Ptunes skippage, not enough for me to shell out any money for this new version.

That's my read too. Not much beyond 3.xx for someone who does not use AAC format, and is not interested in album art.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Will skins for 3.1.8 work with ver 4.0?

I bought a bunch of skins from http://www.gx-5.com/products/mobiles...assdetails.htm
    I don't want to lose them with the upgrade.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I installed this new version and deleted it 10 minutes later. Not worth the $37.95.

i'm not sure I will get it, but it is times like these that i'm glad I bought the lifetime updates.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I believe the upgrade price is 19.99 which is a bit high, but not that bad. I think maybe 14.99 would have sound better. I still think Pocket Tunes 4 Rocks..!!!

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I believe the upgrade price is 19.99 which is a bit high, but not that bad. I think maybe 14.99 would have sound better. I still think Pocket Tunes 4 Rocks..!!!

Al
    I'm a current Deluxe user. I checked out my upgrade option and I will have to pay full price.

OK, I bought my original licence as version 2, but a little off the full price would have been nice.

I'll stick with version 3, as I can't afford to stream anyway with my data plan
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I bought a bunch of skins from http://www.gx-5.com/products/mobiles...assdetails.htm
    Yes. During my brief trial with 4.0, I was able to use 3.x skins, but I wouldn't expect them to be able to display album art. (In 4.0, Menu-M will give you full-screen album art whether your skin supports art or not.) Another problem, I found that most of my album art wouldn't display either on-skin or full-screen, even though it did during my brief trial with Busker aka goMP3. So PocketTunes has a ways to go to get the album art feature fully operational.

I'm still looking for a good MP3 player:

1. Stable for foreground or background play like PocketTunes
    2. Fast cataloging/caching of MP3 library like PocketTunes
    3. Easy to use interface like mOcean
    4. Displays album art properly like Busker

...and I don't even care about internet radio, .aac and .wma files, etc. Is that too much to ask? I'll even waive 4 if I can get 1 - 3 in a single app. Couldn't anyone make a decent skin for PocketTunes, similar to mOcean? Or couldn't mOcean speed up their cataloging?
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post

I have a bunch of free skins that Robin over at mytreo.net did. I checked 3 of those skins and they worked with 4.0.

So I would say your paid for skins should work.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I'm a current Deluxe user. I checked out my upgrade option and I will have to pay full price.

OK, I bought my original licence as version 2, but a little off the full price would have been nice.

I'll stick with version 3, as I can't afford to stream anyway with my data plan
    That was my take on it too. That 4.0 was not an upgrade for 3.xx

Apparently NormSoft considers 4.0 a new program and not worthy of Deluxe 3.xx users an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    Version 4 requires twice the memory that version 3 does. Also the new included skin is horrible beyond words - tiny controls and fonts, very low contrast, impossible to read, but if you want to display album art on the same screen as your player controls, that's what you're stuck with until 3rd party developers get into the act. The new/improved internet radio functions may be worthwhile, but for a "Basic" user like me, I'm not seeing any reason to upgrade and in fact the memory footprint suggests I shouldn't upgrade even if it were free.
    why not install to sd card?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    why not install to sd card?
    Because then it won't run in the background while you're using other programs. If you don't need to do that, then (I think) you can install to the SD card and open it as a foreground app when you want it. However, I can and do install the skins on the SD card since you don't use the skin when ptunes is running in the background.
    I could be wrong (too lazy to check this myself, and my pTunes is in RAM) but pTunes WILL play in the background if run from the SD card.

It will not be a helper application for internet streaming sites. So you won't be able to click on a shoutcast link in Blazer and open pTunes that way if pTunes is on SD card.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I just installed version 4. With version 3.1.8 (?), I had little or no skipping. With 4.0 playback blips(drops out for a fraction of a second) ever 3-4 secs. Anyone else heard this? Anyone been able to correct it?
    Going back go 3 for now
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Just as much skipping with v4 as v3.18 for me. No reason to upgrade other than aac+ and that's not a big deal with my 4GB SD card.
    ^also if you use pTunes to play your ringtones (I don't) or alarms, it has to be in RAM.

Agree with the others. Changes are cosmetic and provide me with little added value for $20. Pass.
    OK. So in May I paid 24.99 for upgrading to the Deluxe version on my Treo 700p. Now on December they are asking for 19.99 to upgrade to 4.0 which doesn't have that many features over 3.0 In other words I would be paying about $45 this year to get Pocket Tunes latest version. Is it just me or $45 for one year sounds like a lot of money giving the fact that they are not maintaining a service like Verichat and we are not getting that many new features.

Al
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast