Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think I am going to give it a try. My favorite internet radio station has aac+ streaming. Theoretically I should be able to get near-cd quality over GPRS/EDGE.

(my fav is radioparadise.com)
    does 4.0 support ITunes files?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    does 4.0 support ITunes files?
    It supports AAC encoded files (the iTunes format) but you cannot play AAC files that have DRM (songs purchased from the iTunes music store).
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I upgraded. Now I can listen to many internet radio stations with my slow and pathetic GPRS. I've already enjoyed several hours... it's worth it to me...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    ^Glad you like the upgrade, but to be clear for others, being able to listen to Internet Radio was already a feature of pTunes 3.x Deluxe. Interface was different (and less user friendly, perhaps), but I use this feature all the time and have not upgraded. I know which stations I'm interested in listening to, so it's easy enough for me to just plug those in.
    I upgraded. I agree that it is a gouge. There are no new features that I find useful. But there was a promise of better sound quality, and that your phone would be louder, and I think that is true. And since I love the application and use it every night, I decided to hand over the extra 20 bucks. But this kind of customer treatment certainly opens opportunities for competitors. Maybe they needed the dough for R&D.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 4.0 and have been happy. I agree the price is a little steep and the footprint is large, however, it does reduce the skipping and works with my favoriet skins (IE: MTDN) and handles streaming in the background.

As far as a company releasing a product before it is ready, can you say 700p?
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Oww, Oww, Oww.. $20 just for an UPDATE from version 3 deluxe!!! Version 3+4 together make this about a **$50.00** program, and it basically just plays audio and no video!

TCPMP is free and does many audio and video (with less reported skipping than Ptunes), and full licenses to other audio players like mundo radio and mocean can be had from free to max $20 for the full version.

I appreciate the work the developer Normsoft has done, but this is extremely overpriced for a device without even a standard audio jack like even the cheapest dedicated MP3 players.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    ^Glad you like the upgrade, but to be clear for others, being able to listen to Internet Radio was already a feature of pTunes 3.x Deluxe. Interface was different (and less user friendly, perhaps), but I use this feature all the time and have not upgraded. I know which stations I'm interested in listening to, so it's easy enough for me to just plug those in.
    My point was that streaming internet radio works a lot better with my slow GPRS connection...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    My point was that streaming internet radio works a lot better with my slow GPRS connection...
    Has it made an improvement to streaming mp3 (shoutcast) or ogg stations?

Or is it that streaming ACC is more efficient (and pT 4 supports it)?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Correction acc should be AAC+

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 12/20/2006 at 12:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I downloaded the latest trial of Ptunes a few days ago and it works pretty well so far. However, it seem that my T650 needs to be connected to a charger if I am using Ptunes for any length of time, particularly internet radio. If this is typical power consumption, are any of you using batteries other than the standard Palm one? Which ones work best? Thanks
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Has it made an improvement to streaming mp3 (shoutcast) or ogg stations?

Or is it that streaming ACC is more efficient (and pT 4 supports it)?
    I really can't tell but I assume it's the latter. Information on the streams via PocketTunes is unfortunately lacking but some stations that were frequently interrupted to buffer are now streaming fine. My GPRS D/L speed via DSL Reports remains the same, within the ~30's.
    Apparently, 4.0.1 is out, now.
    I can't really tell the difference. Maybe it is meant for people who have a lot of junk on older Treos

Al
    Internet radio is a great feature of Pockettunes. One caveat - I can't receive phone calls when my Treo 650 is streaming radio broadcasts. I'm on Sprint and I assume that this is caused by the constant data connection blocking the phone connection. I do get a "You have new voicemail" alert when the first voicemail is delivered but subsequent messages don't alert me. This is kind of a disappointment. Is there any way around this issue?

Paul
    Nope. You need an OS that's capable of simultaneous voice and data and PalmOS isn't
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    Apparently, 4.0.1 is out, now.
    This seemed to fix all those network connection errors I kept getting on every station.
    One reason for me to switch from Aeroplayer to Ptunes would be the ability to play Ptunes in the background while running Telenav for GPS. I would be playing an MP3 files from my SD card. No way would streaming work in this set up, but if I could play MP3s while mapping that would be sweet. Aeroplayer does not work well in this set up.

Any advice? Under what conditions does Ptunes skip or not skip?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    what sucks is there is no option to have the bookmarks in alphabetical order. also there is no easy way to import the bookmarks into the "internet radio" preloaded lists.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast