Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87
  1. #41  
    ^That's what I concluded. 4.0 doesn't fix the skips. 3.x does everything I need, as is. Plays .mp3s, and I've already bookmarked Internet radio stations of interest. So in sum, I'd have to pay good money for little added value, and for twice the RAM footprint. Pass.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    It looks like they are offering a free update to those who purchased the pTunes Deluxe 3.xx on or after Oct. 15, 2006. Too bad my 2+ year loyalty doesnt mean much!
    So if I bought a Treo 680 with the Pocket Tunes Deluxe upgrade in December, is the Pocket Tunes 4.0 upgrade free?
  3. #43  
    ^ No
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #44  
    > We are always considering other streaming formats but we do not
    > release our plans for the future so I cannot comment on any particular
    > format and whether we will or will not support it, sorry.

    This is Dave's same old cut n paste mantra. After two years, I'm finally realizing that this is his way of saying "No Windows media, never". After all, why chase you off?

    Guess I'm sticking with 3.18 until some other vendor streams both mp3 and windoze in the background, then I'm outta here. Sorry Normsoft.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I'm not going to upgrade until streaming WMA is added (as some of my radio stations use WMA). I have Kinoma 4, but I like pTunes UI/skins better.
    Doesn't Kinoma 4 have issues playin the background? Or was it that you can't blank the screen?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6. #46  
    Hot damn! What a difference a day makes.....streaming AAC through SAG 1.08 is sweet. Try the 15 day trial before you judge if the upgrade price is reasonable.

    Stereo internet radio is worth $20 to me (never had it through mp3). Although the processor bogs down a bit while streaming AAC (no skipping whatsoever), overall I give 4.0 two thumbs up!
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Doesn't Kinoma 4 have issues playin the background? Or was it that you can't blank the screen?
    Kinoma lets you blank the screen. It doesn't let you switch to a different application.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    So if I bought a Treo 680 with the Pocket Tunes Deluxe upgrade in December, is the Pocket Tunes 4.0 upgrade free?
    That is TRUE! To check this out for yourself, go to Ptunes and check for updates. It will tell you that a free upgrade isnt available, but a paid upgrade is available. If you click on 'Upgrade Options', it will take you to a Blazer page and at the bottom it says "If you purchased Pocket Tunes Deluxe 3.X on or after October 15, 2006, you qualify for a free update to 4.X Deluxe." Then it gives you a link to request a free upgrade! Check it out!
  9. Danitaz's Avatar
    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i'm not sure I will get it, but it is times like these that i'm glad I bought the lifetime updates.

    You betcha <g>! I did go ahead and upgrade. I'm not really a heavy ptunes user, so I don't know if it's "better" - but as I say I didn't really use it that much before (just occasionally when I'm bored <g>), so I can't speak to whether it is "worth" the upgrade!

    Danita
  10. #50  
    ed
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    That is TRUE! To check this out for yourself, go to Ptunes and check for updates. It will tell you that a free upgrade isnt available, but a paid upgrade is available. If you click on 'Upgrade Options', it will take you to a Blazer page and at the bottom it says "If you purchased Pocket Tunes Deluxe 3.X on or after October 15, 2006, you qualify for a free update to 4.X Deluxe." Then it gives you a link to request a free upgrade! Check it out!
    Yea, but when you enter your email you get denied.
    It says in the upgrade page " If you have a free copy of Pocket Tunes that was bundled with your device, you do not qualify for a free upgrade to 4.X, but you may qualify for a reduced-price upgrade.". The reduced price is $19.99
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    ed

    Yea, but when you enter your email you get denied.
    It says in the upgrade page " If you have a free copy of Pocket Tunes that was bundled with your device, you do not qualify for a free upgrade to 4.X, but you may qualify for a reduced-price upgrade.". The reduced price is $19.99
    I dont know if you understood entirely the situation. He bought the DELUXE version with his 680. The Ptunes that comes standard on the Treo isnt the DELUXE version. So if you BOUGHT the Deluxe version of Ptunes 3.X on or after the date specified, you ARE entitled to a free 4.X upgrade. If you didnt buy the Deluxe, then you dont get the upgrade.
  12. #52  
    I'll be curious, once Palm gets around to addressing the 700p ROM issues, whether 3.x works skip free. If it doesn't, it will be a real test for me whether or not pTunes releases a 3.x update to correct these issues. Now, I don't expect the company to continue full support on an older version forever (even a behemoth like Microsoft cuts the cord eventually), but if the 700p is "fixed" and 3.x still skips, they need to do something about it, because it would seem to indicate the program never worked as it was intended in the first instance. They might retort that the 700p was busted, so what were they to do? But I don't find that persuasive.
  13. d1hamby's Avatar
    Posts
    291 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #53  
    I want a player for streaming video and music off the internet. Since version 3 already streams 200 christian music stations from Shoutcast.com I'm happy.

    I don't want any of the new features so I'll stick with version 3.

    I'll get Kinoma next.
    Last edited by d1hamby; 12/17/2006 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Checked Kinoma website
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I'm a current Deluxe user. I checked out my upgrade option and I will have to pay full price.
    It must have been a glitch in their system, as I'm now being quoted 19.99 to upgrade
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  15. #55  
    Can you stream podcasts, like from ESPN, with ptunes?

    Which version is required?

    Thanks
  16. #56  
    Two issues:
    -The new skin doesn't show the bit rate
    -I still can't get Gloonet to work on my Sprint Treo 700p Why is that??? Anybody?

    Al
  17. #57  
    Treocracy,

    Yes
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  18. #58  
    I haven't installed my Pocket Tunes Deluxe upgrade yet (the one that came with my 680), but I read how you have to sync it with a PC in order to transfer your music over.

    When is someone going to make a program that allows you to download music directly from one of the online music services without the need for a PC?? I wouldn't mind paying the $6/month for the Yahoo Music service if I could download the tunes directly to my Treo on-demand -- kind of like what Verizon and Sprint offer on their music phones.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I dont know if you understood entirely the situation. He bought the DELUXE version with his 680. The Ptunes that comes standard on the Treo isnt the DELUXE version. So if you BOUGHT the Deluxe version of Ptunes 3.X on or after the date specified, you ARE entitled to a free 4.X upgrade. If you didnt buy the Deluxe, then you dont get the upgrade.
    I understood completely...And that is what I was talking about. The free deluxe version that was sent out with the Mobile Music thing (from the pre-orders) does not qualify for a free upgrade.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I dont know if you understood entirely the situation. He bought the DELUXE version with his 680. The Ptunes that comes standard on the Treo isnt the DELUXE version. So if you BOUGHT the Deluxe version of Ptunes 3.X on or after the date specified, you ARE entitled to a free 4.X upgrade. If you didnt buy the Deluxe, then you dont get the upgrade.
    I bought the unlocked Treo 680, which is currently sold with a free promotion of an upgrade from standard Pocket Tunes to Pocket Tunes Deluxe. In the About Pocket Tunes display, it explicitly says that I have free upgrades for 3.x. It makes me wonder if NormSoft and Palm knew that Normsoft was about to release version 4 shortly.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions