Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hi,

Connecting to my Motorola H500 BT headset with my 650 when answering an incoming call was a hit-and-miss operation: at best there would be an annoying lag of 3-5 sec before the call was transferred to the headset, forcing me to talk on the phone while wearing the headset, and often it wouldn't transfer the call at all. It was without a doubt my biggest gripe with the Treo (many people complained about the stability but I had no such problems).

So my question to all 680 owners is: are incoming calls routed immediately, without any delays? And is the routing behavior (for better or worse) constant?

Whatever your experience might be, it might be useful if everyone stated the make and model of their headsets.

Thank you.
    Palm Vx (a classic) -> Palm m505 (*yawn*) -> Dell Axim (slooow...!) -> Palm TE (great) -> Qtek 9090 (great idea, lousy platform) -> Nokia 6630 (a toy) -> iMate SP3i (not bad) -> Nokia 9300 (can't sync notes!!) -> Treo 650 (awesome!) -> iPaq hw6915 (almost perfect) -> Nokia E51 (un/impressive) -> HTC Touch Enhanced (nice!) -> Samsung i780 (mousepad woes) -> HTC s740 (very good) -> Nokia E72 (RAM starved) -> HTC HD mini (...) -> Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hduty View Post
    So my question to all 680 owners is: are incoming calls routed immediately, without any delays? And is the routing behavior (for better or worse) constant?

Whatever your experience might be, it might be useful if everyone stated the make and model of their headsets.

Thank you.
    I Have used 2 BT Headsets with my 680 so far, and they are both Palm Branded Products. The Palm Treo Branded Headset (which I believe is a Moto Made Headset), and the new Palm Ultralight Headset, which I know is Palm's branded version of the Palntroics Discovery 645.

With the 680, the calls ARE indeed routed immediately to the phone, and this is the case with both my headsets. The Ultralight is actually better, in that on an incoming call, I get the notification in the headset a split second before I even see it on the phone!!! But with outgoing calls, I do not get that transfer lag at all. This is much better performance than I got form my 650, which always had a slight delay (not as much as you have stated).

HTH.......Matt
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >