Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I, too, downloaded the munich.bin but once I choose the USA maps, it exits out of the TomTom setup. When I rerun TomTom, it goes back to that same screen and does exactly the same thing.

I'm wondering why I couldn't get this to work on my 680.
    I'm also trying to get TomTom Navigator 6 to work on my new Palm Treo 680. I am in "TomTom Home" and can't even get the program to recognize my Treo as a TomTom device for installation. I'm all over changing the files once it's installed to my SD card, but I can't even get that far.

So - this may be stupid question of the day - but please help??

Thanks!
    Amy
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    @dbulante: can you describe it more details?
    @Hummynbrd: chose option install to "memory card reader/writer" will solve your problem. Make sure that you have one.
    Treo Maniac?
    Thanks, treoluv.

I actually figured it out a few minutes before your reply. And was able to use the hex editor just fine - everything worked great!

Thanks tomtastic for the fix!
    I don't know how to describe it better, but here it is.

When I am doing the first-time setup of TomTom, it goes through asking all the setup questions, like right or left-handed, voice choice, etc. Then it goes to choosing the maps, either USA or something else. I choose USA then it exits out of the TomTom setup. When I go back to TomTom, it goes to the same screen which asks me to choose the map. I choose USA again and again it exits TomTom. It doesn't want to move beyond it. What is after that screen?

Treoluv, let me know if u need more info.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Nice work, Tomtastic. I thought my Xmas present was headed for the "wait for an update" pile. Was able to use the Navigator to find my friends cabin in Tahoe.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I don't know how to describe it better, but here it is.

When I am doing the first-time setup of TomTom, it goes through asking all the setup questions, like right or left-handed, voice choice, etc. Then it goes to choosing the maps, either USA or something else. I choose USA then it exits out of the TomTom setup. When I go back to TomTom, it goes to the same screen which asks me to choose the map. I choose USA again and again it exits TomTom. It doesn't want to move beyond it. What is after that screen?

Treoluv, let me know if u need more info.
    The "after screen" you've asked is the register screen

I don't have any issue when I plug the SD card (which contains TT6) into the 680s. I guess that you used to run TT5/6 on it before(?) However, here are some of my ideals.

Let's do the "fresh" installation.

1. Use CleanUninstall (shareware app, but you can use it within trial period) to get rid of TT6 in your 680 RAM, including bytes it created in Saved preferences.prc. Hint: on the treo, TT6 shows as "Navigator".
    2. Plug the SD card into your PC, delete files "CurrentMap.dat" and "ttnavigator.bif" These files are located in the root of your card e.g. K:\CurrentMap.dat
    3. Before you stick the SD card into 680 again, make sure you overwrite the orginal Munich.bin with modified Munich.bin (this file is located in tomtom folder.)

Try and let me know what happens next.
    Last edited by treoluv; 01/04/2007 at 02:26 PM.
    Treo Maniac?
    searching for "650" and change the "5"'s to "8"s worked for me, although there were 3 instances of "650". I also found 2 instances of "rpsh201H" which I replaced with "mlaP350D".

Went thru the activation again, paired the bluetooth received, and i'm back in business!

thanks to everyone who figured this out -- its so far above my head!

Matt
    I know this is a 680 Forum, but what would the "fix" be for a Lifedrive? Have a 680 but I was planning on running the TomTom 6 on my Lifedrive, so I can use my phone at the same time via headset. I know, I lose traffic, but that is the trade off.

The lifedrive error is the same as the 680 error
    Oh, and I purchased the TomTom 6 by purchasing the updated USA map. It came with the TomTom 6 software. I was running TomTom 5 previously. $79 Eurodollars
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummynbrd View Post
    I'm also trying to get TomTom Navigator 6 to work on my new Palm Treo 680. I am in "TomTom Home" and can't even get the program to recognize my Treo as a TomTom device for installation. I'm all over changing the files once it's installed to my SD card, but I can't even get that far.
    Hi Amy, here might be the issue:

Disregarding upgrading anything for now, when you run TT Home, do you see your TT system being recognised?

Your TT stuff will (I assume) be on an external SD card. Syncing your Palm to Home won't automatically allow Home to access your SD card.

Here's what I do for my Treo 650 with Nav 6:

1. Attach my sync cable between computer and Palm.

2a. If on a Mac I have Missing Sync and I mount the External SD card from my Palm (without removing it from the device) onto the Mac's desktop.

2b. If on a PC I have Card Export II and I mount the External SD card from my Palm (without removing it from the device) onto the PC's desktop.

2c. The alternative is to remove the SD card from the Palm and connect it to your computer using a card reader. This is the only option TT say you have if a Palm Owner * If you have a Palm-OS-device or mobile phone you need to use a card reader/writer, but as usual that's just TT not knowing their stuff or being lazy! If you frequently wish to access your Palm's SD cards on your computer desktop, investing in either of the apps above is well worth the $$$.

3. Running TT Home should now see the TT data as required.

Hope this helps and good luck!

N.B. You'll find all kinds of information and assistance at Pocket GPS World
    Anyone know where I can get the Europe maps for TT6 in the US. All the stores seem to suggest that they are only sold in Europe. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    The "after screen" you've asked is the register screen

I don't have any issue when I plug the SD card (which contains TT6) into the 680s. I guess that you used to run TT5/6 on it before(?) However, here are some of my ideals.

Let's do the "fresh" installation.

1. Use CleanUninstall (shareware app, but you can use it within trial period) to get rid of TT6 in your 680 RAM, including bytes it created in Saved preferences.prc. Hint: on the treo, TT6 shows as "Navigator".
    2. Plug the SD card into your PC, delete files "CurrentMap.dat" and "ttnavigator.bif" These files are located in the root of your card e.g. K:\CurrentMap.dat
    3. Before you stick the SD card into 680 again, make sure you overwrite the orginal Munich.bin with modified Munich.bin (this file is located in tomtom folder.)

Try and let me know what happens next.

It works! The only thing that's not working is my 5-way. Up and down works, but not left and right.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    [*] Open "/tomtom/Munich.bin" from your SD card in the hex editor.[*] Goto offset 295D0C and find near there the bytes "rpsh201H", change to "mlaP350D". [*] Goto offset 2BBD1A and find near there the bytes "650", change to "680".[/LIST]
    A couple of notes. I had trouble with this because I found more than one instance of rpsh201H. Only change the one near 295D0C. I also only changed the 650 to 680 near 2BBD1A and now TT6 will boot.

When I changed both of the rpsh201H, I would get to the green "I agree" screen, but then after clicking "I agree", it would cause a re-boot of the Treo680.
    Oh, My version is:

6.010 (7630)
    Map: 'usa and canada' v660.1215
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've uploaded the modified Munich.bin version 6.010 for Treo 680. Feel free to download it here. Just install it over your current file.

Note: it works only for Treo 680.
    You rock.
    Please excuse the gross misunderstanding here but... I changed from a treo650 to Treo 680. I have Nav 5 and it is running on the 680. I can get the new maps which would be the TomTom6 as I understand it but in doing so would run into the incompatibility you mention in this thread. In preparing for the workaround/fix I've downloaded the HEidt app and opened the munich.bin on my SD card which comes for the Nav5. I have searched the file for the strings suggested like Treo or 650 but every search says no data. I must not be using the app properly. Could Tomtastic or anyone take a moment to explain?? I assume the nav 5 munich.bin must have the Treo and 650 somewhere.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    @red-beard: Why don't you just save yourself a headache (and the forum resource) by downloading the file posted on #38?

@rodernr: I couldn't understand what you try to get. Pls note Tomtastic's work around is good only for TT6 v6.010 on Treo 680. The Nav. 5 as you said, is running, so, why do you want to mess around with it?
    Treo Maniac?
    @rodernr: I couldn't understand what you try to get. Pls note Tomtastic's work around is good only for TT6 v6.010 on Treo 680. The Nav. 5 as you said, is running, so, why do you want to mess around with it?[/QUOTE]

OK so I was not messing around with the Nav 5 I was just trying to find text refrences such as Treo or 650 in my munich.bin thinking they must be there and wanting to test using the HEdit. When the search did not show this I thought I must be doing something incorrect and not knowing anything about hex asked in this thread.
    The hack worked great!

But, I have not seen an answer as to why the 5 way nav buttons do not work.

Anyone have any ideas? It isn't like the 650 does not have a 5 way navigation button.

Also, my shift key does not work... I noticed this as I was attempting to save a favorite with a capital Letter. I had to bring up the touchscreen keyboard.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast