Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hmmmm...I wonder if I have a hardware problem with my Treo 680? But the 5-way works in all other apps on my phone so I don't know.
    I don't understand why everyone is having good luck with this. TT5 works fine on my 680 but TT6 just gives me the DBCache memory error. Any ideas?
  3.    #23  
    moderateinny:
    My 5-way nav key seems fine whilst navigating the preferences, if yours works outside of TTN6 then I think you must have a slightly different version installed to me.

zwizard:
    Likewise, I think you must either have some funky 3rd party software installed which is eating all your DBcache up, or a different version of TTN6 installed.
    You could try cleaning the DBcache out with the Meminfo tool (it's been posted in the forums somewhere I think).
    Can you post the version number you have installed?
    I found a web site that suggest running a dbscan to check for a datebk database data corruption. I did that and it found one corrupted record. That's fixed my DBCache memory error with TT6. Very strange.
    What is your V6 version ? Mine is 6.0 (7370)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logam View Post
    What is your V6 version ? Mine is 6.0 (7370)
    Version 6.010 (7630)

My original munich.bin was 2,895,256 bytes

The updated one is 2,895,948 bytes

I am not sure if this matters or not but I cannot get the 5-way to work (L/R/select) on mine. Interestingly enough, I loaded a beta of Garmin's new XT software and everything works great.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Version 6.010 (7630)
    How did you upgrade the version? TomTom6 app, tells me theres an update, when I use the TomTom home pc application and try an update, it says there are no updates.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    moderateinny:
    My 5-way nav key seems fine whilst navigating the preferences, if yours works outside of TTN6 then I think you must have a slightly different version installed to me.
    TomTom6 works on my 700p.
    Is there ANY value to making changes for 700p?
    The Treo TT6 app does tell me there's an update, but when I try to update via TomTom Home PC app, it says there is no update.

I am also going to mod the menu icons. They are not in a useful order.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Tomtastic or Milo Bloom,

How do I find out what changes to make TT6 work with my Treo 750v?
    I've tried and tried and we're having some difficulty making it work short of purchasing a new TT6 that is not Palm branded.

Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    I did the edit and indeed got TomTom6 started on the 680.
    But when I select a map (Western Europe) the app TomTtom stops.
    What might be wrong?
    I use an official version.
    I'm guessing the hack may need to be tweaked for different versions.

Are you using USA or Euro version? For instance I have USA but have used TT5 Euro maps with TT6 USA in the past.
    Is TT6 any better than 5? I heard somewhere that it can change maps automatically. Is that true?
    The same thing happened to me as azeeman. I did the edits, but they showed up in different locations. (I guess I have a different version.) I couldn't get past the point where I choose the map. It just stops the program and exits.
    Quote Originally Posted by zwizard View Post
    Is TT6 any better than 5? I heard somewhere that it can change maps automatically. Is that true?
    The maps in TT6 are not broken down by states for North America, One 1.2 Gig map is all of the 48 states.

Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    The same thing happened to me as azeeman. I did the edits, but they showed up in different locations. (I guess I have a different version.) I couldn't get past the point where I choose the map. It just stops the program and exits.
    On my 680, as soon as I select the map, I get to the screen where I had to authorize the map. If you are not seeing that, I not sure what is going on. My guess is your edits are OK.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheusmd View Post
    Tomtastic or Milo Bloom,

How do I find out what changes to make TT6 work with my Treo 750v?
    I've tried and tried and we're having some difficulty making it work short of purchasing a new TT6 that is not Palm branded.

Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    TomTastic would be your man here. I don't have access to a 750v or 750V emulator, so I am not sure what the edits would be. Sorry.
    Thanks for the reply Milo. That's good to know about the maps. Other than that is TT6 much different than 5? Why would someone want to upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by zwizard View Post
    Thanks for the reply Milo. That's good to know about the maps. Other than that is TT6 much different than 5? Why would someone want to upgrade?
    I tried TT6 on my Palm TX and found the app very unstable. It crashed several times in the 45 minutes I played with it. I never had a crash with TT5. I went back to TT5 when I found that the app didn't have any new features (at least as far as I could tell).
    The offsets were slightly different, but I found the items that needed to be changed and edited them, but it didn't work. HELP....what could I be doing wrong?

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what else I need to do. How do I know which version of 6 I am using (sorry, but I am new to this)?

Last edited by MamaMia; 12/31/2006 at 10:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

I've uploaded the modified Munich.bin version 6.010 for Treo 680. Feel free to download it here. Just install it over your current file.

Note: it works only for Treo 680.
    [QUOTE=moderateinny;1151186] On my unit the left/right and select buttons on the 5-way do not work. The touchscreen works fine though so it is still very useable. QUOTE]

I have the same problem. Did anyone find a solution?
    Thanks...this was a big help. I got the software to work.

Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've uploaded the modified Munich.bin version 6.010 for Treo 680. Feel free to download it here. Just install it over your current file.

Note: it works only for Treo 680.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast