1.    #1  
    Am I alone in mourning the loss of the distinctive look of the 650 ? Ok, the 680, is sleeker, smoother and the buttons are square and clean looking.

But I liked the bulbous earpiece on the 650. the oval buttons all gave it a rather "love us, warts and all" look about it. And you could always spot another treo at 500 feet with the wind behind you ! The new one doesn't "look or feel" like a treo !

The 680 looks and feels like any other pda. Am i alone ?

Richard

ps (and I even miss the little ariel)
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by rquesty View Post
    Am I alone in mourning the loss of the distinctive look of the 650 ? Ok, the 680, is sleeker, smoother and the buttons are square and clean looking.

But I liked the bulbous earpiece on the 650. the oval buttons all gave it a rather "love us, warts and all" look about it. And you could always spot another treo at 500 feet with the wind behind you ! The new one doesn't "look or feel" like a treo !

The 680 looks and feels like any other pda. Am i alone ?

Richard

ps (and I even miss the little ariel)
    Not Me! Copper Treo 680 = The New Hotness
    Hense the color. Treo 750 looks exactly like a BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    Not Me! Copper Treo 680 = The New Hotness
    I kind of agree..
    arctic 680 == new HOTNESS!
    -tgwaste
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I think one in Burberry plaid would be nice.
    New hotness?

People, people.... It's just a fuctional tool that helps us all to be more productive and to have a little fun. Of course it does make your fellow train commuters jealous of your one device vs the phone, iPod, laptop balancing dance they perform twice a day.

My wife has given me permission to have some sweaty jungle lovin with any supermodel (or not so super model for that matter) that finds me attractive based on my arctic 680 alone. I have a feeling that she is going to win this bet....
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"
    Quote Originally Posted by alohafriday View Post
    My wife has given me permission to have some sweaty jungle lovin with any supermodel (or not so super model for that matter) that finds me attractive based on my arctic 680 alone. I have a feeling that she is going to win this bet....
    Naomi Campbell - doesn't she have a thing about (throwing) phones?

I agree that the 680 has a "blackberry" look to it. That's why, when switching from CDMA to GSM, I went with a Black Tie and a Zoti antenna instead of a 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I think one in Burberry plaid would be nice.
    as long as they make burberry plaid, why not:

Hudson Bay

http://www.hbc.com/hbcheritage/image...ket-points.jpg

Seersucker

http://www.hugestore.com/swatches/pin_sear.jpg

Glen Plaid?

http://images.paulfredrick.com.edges...MDJR1024B5.jpg
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    NICE. Join the Black Tie Zoti-Antenna Club.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    NICE. Join the Black Tie Zoti-Antenna Club.

Bond. James Bond.
    Quote Originally Posted by alohafriday View Post
    New hotness?

People, people.... It's just a fuctional tool that helps us all to be more productive and to have a little fun. Of course it does make your fellow train commuters jealous of your one device vs the phone, iPod, laptop balancing dance they perform twice a day.

My wife saw what I posted. She was "disappointed" (like she says she's disappointed when the cat pees on the rug).

Me and my seersucker 680 are off to the pub lookin for some hot model action. "Miss Campbell, did you just drop this phone?"
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"