1.    #1  
    So I just bought Kinoma 4EX for my 650, and also have NESEM for it too.

Now I've got a 700p. Don't tell me I have to buy these guys again. How do I move the locked applications? I'm going to wipe out everything on my 650 and eBay it clean.

Jake
    Do the clean install, of course (Which includes installing 3rd party apps fresh onto the new device -- not from a backup.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129710

For locked applications -- I have had to contact the vendor for a new specfic to the device unlock key. A new purchase was not necessary.

Cheers, Perry
    Make sure you name your new Treo the same as your old one. This will allow you to use the same registration key in most cases. For example, if your 650 was named "PalmTreo" then name your 700p "PalmTreo" when you first set it up.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Do the clean install, of course (Which includes installing 3rd party apps fresh onto the new device -- not from a backup.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129710

For locked applications -- I have had to contact the vendor for a new specfic to the device unlock key. A new purchase was not necessary.

Cheers, Perry
    I don't know abut the 700p, but when I upgraded from a 600 to a 650, I moved everything via a Resco Explorer SD card backup. I had to get rid of a couple of apps, but all my paid apps worked , so did Java and Java apps (I used the same name and number via the Changenam freeware app).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    With Kinoma, it uses the device ID, not the hot sync ID - same with bunches of others. Ben
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I don't know abut the 700p, but when I upgraded from a 600 to a 650, I moved everything via a Resco Explorer SD card backup. I had to get rid of a couple of apps, but all my paid apps worked , so did Java and Java apps (I used the same name and number via the Changenam freeware app).
    Did you do a restore of the entire RAM or restore individual apps (thats an option in Backupman, I dont know about Resco)?

If one does a wholesale RAM transfer, then one will probably also copy a slew of all those tiny unnecessary files that programs generate and which I would try to get rid of while setting a new device. In my latest update I followed the suggestions in the third post in this thread, and recommend it highly, especially having all installs monitored by UninstallManager. It was also interesting how nearly every program I reinstalled had been updated to some extent so it was a good opportunity to get the latest versions, which mostly didnt involve any outlay.
    When I moved from my 650 to the T700P I knew I would still use the 650 pretty heavily so I put in a different user name for the 700. For my paid apps I just emailed those vendors and told them my new user name and they sent me new unlock codes.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.