1.    #1  
    I have been copying DVDs (that I own) to an SD to let my kid view while we are in tough situations. Any parent knows about the time spent with young ones in a traffic jam or waiting for a table at a restaurant.

Anyways, the daughter likes the ratatouille trailer from Pixar (heck, I like it too!) but I found that the bit rate on the file I downloaded was too high for the treo to display. The picture freezes while the audio continues until the treo can catch up.

So I got a copy of ffmpeg (opensource) program and compiled it on my Mac Powerbook. Last night I successfully re-encoded the video to 400 kbit/sec bit rate and it plays perfectly on the trusty T650.
    Thanks for sharing the story.

Personally, I use a product called "Super" to re-encode my videos to work on my T650. I'm on a PC though. I've used other apps in the past, but Super is my favorite so far. It also allows me to extract just the audio from a video. So I've been taking my concert DVDs I have and extracting the audio as Mp3s so I can put them on my wifes iPod.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    DVDFab and Nero Recode 2 are the best that I've found for encoding DVDs. I'm using DVDFab exclusively now.